The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

What time do lectures start at uni ?

Hi i am attending the university of leicester next year (fresher) and am wondering, as i am not a morning person what time lectures start at uni and also how often early starts feature on a timetable?:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why don't you GET OFF YOUR ASS AND ASK THEM. Its even easier than asking on here, because people like me will just shout at you and tell you not to be lazy. I also expect someone to have posted the times about 10 seconds before I hit the "post quick reply" button. :biggrin:

EDIT: I type too fast! YAY!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Some will be as early as 9am and some might be as late as 5pm. If you're lucky you'll have your morning free, if not you'll be up 9am every morning. It depends :p:!
Varies Uni to Uni, but I'd assume between 8am and 9am is the norm. Your earliest lecture varies from course to course as well. I had days where I had to be in at 9am, other days at 12. The day could be as simple as "Go to lecture/seminar at 10am; go back to halls/library", or "Go to lecture at 9am-11am; library/lunch for an hour; 1pm lecture", or even "Go to 9am lecture; 3 hours off; 1pm lecture; hour off; 3pm lecture; 4pm seminar".

Depends on your course, Uni, and if you are able to choose your times (I could for Spanish) or if things are timetabled (as my Italian and History courses were). Don't panic so much, and change your lifestyle. After Uni, you're probably going to look for a 9to5 job, so get used to getting up before 9am while you can!
If you can't get out of bed for a lecture, I suggest you try 'signing on' instead.
Reply 5
CatatonicStupor
1am lecture

:eek3:
Reply 6
Course is a little important.

Earliest is 9am at lecture, which if you are at Oadby... means you'll be needing to get on the bus around 8:20 at the latest.
deazle
:eek3:

Oops. :p: All this thought of lectures is making me tired; therefore, silly mistakes. Unless you count "going out and getting drunk" as the 1am lecture, from the School of Life.
Mine start from 10am because of schools and some of the girls/guys at my uni have kids that school early and with rush hour it can be a bit hectic and they finish around 5:30ish
Reply 9
9 am arent that bad really, its when you have a few on the same day spread out so your own campus from 9am to 6pm, which is boring as ****, only so much library fun you can have.
They tried starting from 9am but with all the students commuting as there's no acccomodation it became impossible. x
They tried starting from 9am but with all the students commuting as there's no acccomodation it became impossible for students to get to the their lectures on time.
Wait really? they got rid of 9 ams this year? woah, I don't see why the uni can't get its act together with accomodation.
Reply 13
NobodyElseWill
They tried starting from 9am but with all the students commuting as there's no acccomodation it became impossible for students to get to the their lectures on time.

:lolwut:

Having just had my timetable for next semsester , I can assure you that there most certainly ARE 9am lectures.
They just do have the facilties as it's a very local college/uni in one and I live only ten minutes from the campus anyway, just a bus ride!
Reply 15
It Depends
Reply 16
NobodyElseWill
They just do have the facilties as it's a very local college/uni in one and I live only ten minutes from the campus anyway, just a bus ride!

I'm sorry but that made no sense to me whatsoever, would you mind typing a logical sentence? I don't see how your post related to lectures starting at 9am.

Also I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you live in Essex? So living 10 minutes away from Leicester is not possible by bus!!! I think you may be on the wrong board, this one is for Leicester Unis and I think the OP meant what time do lectures begin at Leiceter Uni.
a lot of the students that go to my college/uni are from all sorts of backgrounds and from all over essex and south east and the degree students don't start at 9 am simply because of schools starting at 8.45 and rush hour
Reply 18
NobodyElseWill
a lot of the students that go to my college/uni are from all sorts of backgrounds and from all over essex and south east and the degree students don't start at 9 am simply because of schools starting at 8.45 and rush hour

Yes that may be the case in Essex, but as I stated in my previous post, this is for Leicester universities, NOT ESSEX.

The person who asked the original question is starting at Leicester this year, not Essex. He wanted to know what time lectures begin at Leicester University. Ok?

So the information you gave him about the abolishion of 9am lectures was wrong for his uni. It may be that there are no 9am lectures where you are, but here at Leicester, they are alive and kicking.
Rubgish
Why don't you GET OFF YOUR ASS AND ASK THEM. Its even easier than asking on here, because people like me will just shout at you and tell you not to be lazy. I also expect someone to have posted the times about 10 seconds before I hit the "post quick reply" button. :biggrin:

EDIT: I type too fast! YAY!

what the **** are you talking about? he was wondering, it wasn't important he's going to find out anyway there's no point asking them now. and no, nobody else has told him not to be lazy because there's nothing lazy about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending