The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are you at uni, cos wouldn't that give you a chance?
Reply 2
yes they do but they get discounts.
Reply 3
Yes sorry I am at university...I paid for it today but if I am eligible for a discount/free prescription I can claim it back.

Adam
Reply 4
byb3
Yes sorry I am at university...I paid for it today but if I am eligible for a discount/free prescription I can claim it back.

Adam

i don't think you are, but they are in wales (random fact). it sucks.

lou xxx
Reply 5
you can fill out a nasty form pleading which would then exept you but i don't think you've got much chance unless you have all your fees paid by the LEA
Reply 6
Go ask in your student union there is a form you can fill in. Its a HC1 or HC5 I cant remember which, which can give you exemptions. or if you live near Wales get it in Wales cos its free under 25.
Also some things such as the pill are automatically free.
byb3
I don't qualify for the 16,17,18 year olds in Full Time Qualification box so is there any other category I fall under? Such as unwaged...

Adam

No everyone over 16 pays for prescription unless in fulltime eduaction.
viviki
Also some things such as the pill are automatically free.

Don't think he'll need that though surely? What prescription do you need? Have you got STD or something, cos I think thats free.
Reply 9
heh heh!

(interesting topic)
Reply 10
byb3
I don't qualify for the 16,17,18 year olds in Full Time Qualification box so is there any other category I fall under? Such as unwaged...

Adam

Once you're 19+1day you are no longer automatically entitled to freebies on NHS because of full time study. You have to fill in an application form (available from Dentists, Post Offices and Benefits Agencies) to become exempt from fees for dental and prescription charges - opticians as well, I think. Best to apply 3 months before 19th birthday. You do not need to be exempt from tuition fees to qualify, only qualification is low income - and student loan is classed as low income!
Reply 11
Leaflet HC11 will tell you if you are entitled to exemption from charges and form HC1 is application for same.
Reply 12
cheers for information people, it was for some erythmocin (i think thats how you spell it). Its an anti-biotic so nothing too special.

Think I'll go down to my Student information desk and ask for some info there. When I'm feeling up to it!

Adam

Latest

Trending

Trending