any A2 people :) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jamieeeee
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i need to mis my exam today... didnt have right book for politics unit 2... only got one for this year (4-6)

as its a resit i only need 3 extra marks and i can get that in my a2 exams easily...

if i just dont turn up wil anything hapen? il sya i forgot or something... but if they call my dad im DEAD

what shud i do? dont wana sit there for an hour doing nothing...
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just go. If you're not bothered about the exam, then what harm can it really do? (apart from waste an hour of your day, but that's not much really)

If you don't do well, then you keep your previous mark. If you do manage to do well, then great...
emma870
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In my school nothing happens if you miss a resit, it's quite common. But you still get charged for it. It maybe depends on the school though.

If it was me I'd go, after all if you get a lower mark then you get to keep your higher one, so you've got nothing to lose. You're bound to remember some stuff from last year anyway.
jiggaman7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jamieeeee)
i need to mis my exam today... didnt have right book for politics unit 2... only got one for this year (4-6)

as its a resit i only need 3 extra marks and i can get that in my a2 exams easily...

if i just dont turn up wil anything hapen? il sya i forgot or something... but if they call my dad im DEAD

if the exam isnt that necessary than i dont think theyl mind that much if you call in ill as long as you pay the £20 fee for exam.....i did it in Jan with a resit and noone bothered when i called in sick and explained its not a vital exam anyway...and thats at private school......however dad freaked when he had to pay £20 for no reason
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I missed one of my resits deliberately, but my examiner officer was abit pissed off that I didn't tell her first though, cus she went round the school trying to find me or something. =o
Jamieeeee
its not :P i not revised the stuf at all

im 3 marks of a b... so i decided to resit but didnt get the books for it... not got my old notes and realy trust me when i say i wont beat my old score - and i revised my a2 politics stuf loads (for once) so im 99% sure i can get the b i need to go to newc.

but i defo have to pay £20? i dont t hink so cos its a resit and i already paid £12 just to do it.

only thing im not sure about is if i dont turn up if they wil call or wahtever

and an hour is too long to do nothing
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Just go to the exam and do what you can in that resit. Remember the higher mark counts. If you miss it, you might be called in to do it by the examinations officer.
Jamieeeee
they cant cos if they did that id call my friends and get the answers and id defo do it
and you dont get how 100% my mark wil go down lol

"you'll end up with a U in this place. There's no harm in going, - you paid for it and it might be easy.

It's your own fault you didn't sort the books out in time. and yeah, the exams officer might well ring up."

im already 3of B so... i wont end up with a U :P or it wont matter

and yeah its my fault
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
they cant cos if they did that id call my friends and get the answers and id defo do it
and you dont get how 100% my mark wil go down lol

"you'll end up with a U in this place. There's no harm in going, - you paid for it and it might be easy.

It's your own fault you didn't sort the books out in time. and yeah, the exams officer might well ring up."

im already 3of B so... i wont end up with a U :P or it wont matter

and yeah its my fault
You can't call your friends for the answers, as the exam is over. Even though you want to do it, you need to take it in january.
Jamieeeee
they cant call me in in january cos il be in uni by then jsut a resit :P nm i been calling ppl i think its ok
trev
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
they cant call me in in january cos il be in uni by then jsut a resit :P nm i been calling ppl i think its ok
Ok then. I would still resit it and try to answer the stuff you know. I'm sure the notes you have will be still useful for your resit. Just try your best. As I said, your highest mark counts, so therefore the grade B will still remain if your resit grade is less than a grade B.
Lush Law
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just go to the exam! It's all very well you saying you only need 3 marks, but at the end of the day A2 is all about UMS, and it could well be that you end up just missing the grade you want/need if you don't take this resit.
Jamieeeee
remarks

and stil... you dont get i got that grade alst year... i not looked at the stuf again (i cant cos im stupid!?) but im NOT geting a higher mark.
GingerGodfather
Report 13 years ago
Even if you don't improve your grade I think you should give it a go, who knows, you might do good and get a B - you dont know unless you try.
kate86
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just go, what have you got to lose!
Exams never fail to suprise me! So you never know unless you just do it
Jenni_Kitten
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So why did you enter for a resit in the first place, especially if you were going to be so complacent about it lol
Jamieeeee
i dno cos i figured id revise for it and it wud help

i gues it wont hurt to sit ther for 1hour but i can guarantee its pointless
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
resit anyway

i did for my med2 and i was only 3 marks off a B...ended up geting an A so made this year easier
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (30)
55.56%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (8)
14.81%

Watched Threads