Turn on thread page Beta

For those of you who have cars... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dad's bored of being my chauffeur so is gonna buy me a car he's told me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I pay for most of it but my dad does pay for some now and again after I nag him, because he borrows my car sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Ha. My parents pay for all of it. And the tax. And the car. And the insurance.

Suckers!
    I really really hate you now:P

im sorry, thats mean but im sure you can catch on to the general "OMG Lucky person" thing that im suggesting

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather have a car I paid for. Wouldn't feel guilty if I crashed/sold it and it would be real independance

ReputationRep:
    My parents have been very generous.
    They paid for my car, which cost £13000 (2002 Golf 1.8T), they paid for my Revo ECU upgrade(£400) to bring it up to 200bhp, and they pay for my insurance which is about £1800pa, and also the maintanance stuff like tyres and services. My dad fills it up with petrol if he drives it too!
    I sometimes have to pay for petrol, which cost quite alot because it isnt the most economical of cars.(22mpg )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    Dad's bored of being my chauffeur so is gonna buy me a car he's told me :eek:
    Me too- 3 months to go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    My parents have been very generous.
    They paid for my car, which cost £13000 (2002 Golf 1.8T), they paid for my Revo ECU upgrade(£400) to bring it up to 200bhp, and they pay for my insurance which is about £1800pa, and also the maintanance stuff like tyres and services. My dad fills it up with petrol if he drives it too!
    I sometimes have to pay for petrol, which cost quite alot because it isnt the most economical of cars.(22mpg )
    Bloosy hell your parents must be loaded! My car cost £750!

ReputationRep:
    I have to pay for mine at £50 quid a week. That gives me 280 miles, and also gives me the shakes when thinking about it. Blimey, thats £2600 a year! That could be so spent down the pub!

ReputationRep:
    But what happens if your crash in yout £750 car?
    Isnt it worth paying a little more for the privilege of not dieing in a collision?

ReputationRep:
    silver mini convertable.
    I love minis. Is it the Cooper S??
    My sister has one for uni, its so fast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    Me too- 3 months to go...

I don't know what to get :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    I love minis. Is it the Cooper S??
    My sister has one for uni, its so fast!
    Sure is

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but its a BMW Mini right? Not a real mini. A real mini/real mini convertable would be even nicer

ReputationRep:
    Ooo lovely! What colour? Mine's a silver mini convertable.
    Yaaaayy go mini's! ( minus the convertable bit)

I pay for most of the petrold... my mum and dad insure/tax it and they paid for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Yeah but its a BMW Mini right? Not a real mini. A real mini/real mini convertable would be even nicer
    How'd you mean a BMW one? It's just a mini cooper S convertable... One of these:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hate BMW Mini's persoanlly. My sister has the cooper and it sounds like a microwave due to the electical buzzing on it.
    The only one I respect is the BMW Mini Cooper S Works / Shnitzer which I raced the other day. Now these are fast! But for around £18k + guaranteed extras bringing it to £23k - its a rip off. Thats Scooby territory!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you might as well buy a proper BMW for that

Ellie - The new Mini is designed and sold by BMW - that's why they sell them in BMW dealerships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Yeah you might as well buy a proper BMW for that

Ellie - The new Mini is designed and sold by BMW - that's why they sell them in BMW dealerships
    Well I didn't buy it, so I haven't a clue what dealership it came from!

Anyway, I loves my car, and it gets me from A to B very nicely

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it does, I'll keep an eye out for you bombing up and down the King's Road :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My Dad pays for my car (everything to do with it). Its not mine just needed one to get to work during my gap year, think hes gonna sell it when i go.
    Its about the only thing my Dad pays for (apart from a roof over my head). Still really good of him though. Its newish Peugeot 106, my Dad's not loaded so i really appricate him doing this. Its been great to have one for a year, maybe able to sway him buying me a cheaper one for when i go to uni.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.