The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Kingspharm
I'm sure it does, I'll keep an eye out for you bombing up and down the King's Road :rolleyes:

Super. I'll be sure to give you a beep!
I pay my own. It's not too bad with a diesel Golf. >40mpg. A full £35 tank gets me over 430 miles. Whoo Hoo!!

Here she is
Reply 42
I bought my Ka and insured it and everything but my grandad is giving me his ford fiesta so I'm selling my Ka. Unfortunately that money goes into the house deposit acccount!

Being an adult is not fun!
Reply 43
I pay for everything. The car, tax, insurance, mot's, petrol - the whole lot - makes me appreciate it more and makes me work harder. :biggrin:
Reply 44
i only have a 125cc scooter but i pay for all the fuel (£5/week tops lol)
I had to pay for everything with my Mustang when I was 16 years old in America. Took me a year to work and save up just for the car. Keeping was even more expensive. But things are a lot cheaper over there. I'm 21 now and they still probably woudn't insure me here.

5.0 L V8 Car = $3200
Insurance = $200 a month
Petrol at 8mpg = Uh, don't ask
Modifications = Lets just not talk about it :biggrin:
Reply 46
snmichaels

Petrol at 8mpg = Uh, don't ask

that'll be about £10/week then?...
Reply 47
5.0 L V8 Car = $3200

Is that all Mustangs cost!?!?!?!!?!!
OMGWTF
Is that all Mustangs cost!?!?!?!!?!!

For an 87-93 5.0 Mustang, yes!! That get's you 225hp and 300ftlb torque, 5-speed, A/C, power windows, locks, mirrors, seats. Loads of space in the back. Those year models are known by those in the know as the Fox Bodied Mustangs.

Oh, and about the $10 a week; it ended up being around $20, with the way and amount I was driving. Remember, the US has lots of wide open roads and everything is so spread out you have to drive quite a lot.
Petrol 5 years ago in the states was only $0.95 a GALLON!! :biggrin:
I worked it out, petrol here costs about $7.00 a gallon on any given day. US gallons are different to UK gallons, I know, that is reflected. Petrol in America now is still only $2.00 a gallon. In Houston at least.
Reply 50
Ellie4
Ha. My parents pay for all of it. And the tax. And the car. And the insurance.

Suckers!

:eek:

How unfair is that :frown:
Reply 51
snmichaels
For an 87-93 5.0 Mustang, yes!! That get's you 225hp and 300ftlb torque, 5-speed, A/C, power windows, locks, mirrors, seats. Loads of space in the back. Those year models are known by those in the know as the Fox Bodied Mustangs.

Oh, and about the $10 a week; it ended up being around $20, with the way and amount I was driving. Remember, the US has lots of wide open roads and everything is so spread out you have to drive quite a lot.

as stated in post 47....

Reply 52
twiga
:eek:

How unfair is that :frown:

:p: very! :biggrin:
Reply 53
SinghFello
But what happens if your crash in yout £750 car?
Isnt it worth paying a little more for the privilege of not dieing in a collision?

How am I any more likely to crash than you are? And at least if I crash it's only £750 down the drain as opposed to £13,000! There's nothing wrong with my car, it's in perfectly good condition thank you. And I feel perfectly safe in it, not all cheap cars are a pile of junk!
I didnt mean to offend you.
Its just fact that an old car will probably be less safe. Have a look at this link:
http://www.euroncap.com/content/safety_ratings/introduction.php
It tells you how safe your car is. My car is rated 4/5 (http://www.euroncap.com/content/safety_ratings/details.php?id1=2&id2=46)
Reply 55
Maybe I got a bit defensive, but you seemed to assume that just because my car is cheap I was going to die! At the end of the day, If you go plummiting off the side of a cliff at 60 mph, you're most likely to get very injured, no matter how expensive your car is! :p:. I know your car is better, and probably safer than mine, but there's nothing wrong with mine imo. Not everyone can afford a 13 grand car!
technik
as stated in post 47....

Damn, I didn't notice the "£" :biggrin: You know, when I was typing, I thought for a brief moment, "I wonder if they said £ or $?" :rolleyes:
I have a boat and I pay for the fuel. It pays for itself cos I race it, win and the prize money goes part to fuel, part to maintenance and part to our pockets :biggrin:
My uncle has a 7.5L V8 jet boat, it is stupidly fast on the water :eek: . Everything seems faster on the water.
snmichaels
My uncle has a 7.5L V8 jet boat, it is stupidly fast on the water :eek: . Everything seems faster on the water.

Sorry I win, the V8 7.5L Penta top speed 50mph SOG, our boat (see bananaboat on google) goes 70mph SOG in 4 foot seas on Saturday....... :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending