Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Anyone ever heard of the ISIC card (International Student Identity Card)?
Is it really such a good money saver?

I'm not sure if I should get one or not.

http://www.isiccard.com/isic_student_card.asp

what do you think?
RicardoDiaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yes, especially if you are thinking of going abroad at all. However, that said, you still get loads of discount in all the big cities in the UK. There should be a list on the site of the cities and the available discount. Most universities allow you to purchase the ISIC card for £1 when u buy an NUS Extra Card (£10)
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
(Original post by RicardoDiaz)
yes, especially if you are thinking of going abroad at all. However, that said, you still get loads of discount in all the big cities in the UK. There should be a list on the site of the cities and the available discount. Most universities allow you to purchase the ISIC card for £1 when u buy an NUS Extra Card (£10)
ah thanks for that! :woo: well I'm traveling to the UK obviously and will visit my home country every now and then I guess. they give you discount on so many things lol
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pop_tart)

what do you think?
I don't think it's that useful...but I think it's great for travelling purposes.
NoCommentMan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

what do you think?
I have it and I like it.

I am a German student who is often in the UK and who likes to see operas, theatre and so on. With the ISIC card you can get a ticket for an opera or theatre half-priced. That was my purpose.
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
(Original post by NoCommentMan)
I have it and I like it.

I am a German student who is often in the UK and who likes to see operas, theatre and so on. With the ISIC card you can get a ticket for an opera or theatre half-priced. That's was my purpose.
Ah right that way you get your money out of it easily..:woo:
Wel I'll wait a lil longer and decide later :p:
Roxanda
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm from Serbia, the ISIC cost me 5euros, I went to Berlin, the museum island ticket was 14euros and I got it for 7euros thanks to the ISIC, so it immediately became worth the money I paid for it. That was my first discount, and I used it many more times You can get a student discount on everything so ISIC is really a great deal
theronkinator
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got one when I went travelling, only used it on the buses in Sydney, about 25% of the drivers wouldn't accept it, I guess it's worth the money though. If I'd known I could have saved a fair bit at the Aquarium and things.
JacksterD
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Microsoft accepts it for their 'Dreamspark' thing - lets students download all sorts of expensive Microsoft products for free.
alexsheppard11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RicardoDiaz)
i have the NUS and ISIC on the same card, but only a number for the NUS part. i need to know what the card number for the ISIC is so i can use it on dreamspark:woo:
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexsheppard11)
i have the NUS and ISIC on the same card, but only a number for the NUS part. i need to know what the card number for the ISIC is so i can use it on dreamspark:woo:
cool! does your card look like the NUS card or the ISIC card? :P
alexsheppard11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cool! does your card look like the NUS card or the ISIC card? :P
looks like both:p:
right side is NUS green, left side is ISIC aqua
back is all NUS

still dont know what to use as the ISIC number
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexsheppard11)
looks like both:p:
right side is NUS green, left side is ISIC aqua
back is all NUS

still dont know what to use as the ISIC number
Maybe you should just ring them up and ask? :O
Because you must have such a number.. Haven't you got any letters from when you got it? it must state your ISIC number somewhere.
alexsheppard11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe you should just ring them up and ask? :O
Because you must have such a number.. Haven't you got any letters from when you got it? it must state your ISIC number somewhere.
it came with a flyer, saying where i could get discounts using NUS
coffear
Report 11 years ago
Hey Alex only just came back on the site. I have replied to my earlier thread. NUS are claiming it must be a Microsoft issue however I have noted that it is not just the dream spark site it is not working, it also does not work on the ISIC site itself so there must be issues.

To get in contact with NUS email [email protected], this is where the response I got came from when their head office forwarded my query.

The number is meant to be the last 12 numbers (ie the 3 sets of 4 numbers) prefixed by an S.
:)J
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
can you use an ISIC card for ID to go clubbing?
Pop_tart
Rep:
?
(Original post by :)J)
can you use an ISIC card for ID to go clubbing?
I would not risk it, it's no official form of ID!
DJB11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay so when I applied for my nus extra card, it gave me an option to get the isic card too, I have just received this isic one and relaised I just wanted the normal nus extra card, do i get that separate or do I have to just use this isic one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (611)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (759)
41.96%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.85%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed