Turn on thread page Beta

For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni

name wrote:

[q1]> For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni[/q1]

The value of the loan has nothing to do with which Uni.

--
    Cheers, Chris Howells -- [email protected], [email protected] Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk,
    PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt KDE: http://www.koffice.org, http://edu.kde.org,
    http://usability.kde.org

[q2]> > For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> The value of the loan has nothing to do with which Uni.[/q1]

Unless the uni is in London.

"smish" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected] 24218.news.dfncis.de:

[q2]>> > For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>> The value of the loan has nothing to do with which Uni.[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Unless the uni is in London.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Well for some reason the max loan outside London is around £3800 but for some unknown reason i'm
    getting a loan of £4815, it seems my local LEA has made a mistake.

well i get £2800 loan, + i have to pay £1025 tuition fees, leaving me with a grand total of:

£1775 to live on for the year,

if my parents didn't pay my accomdation costs i would be pretty F***ed I guess since they are like
    £1800+/year.

being a student sucks financially.

[q2]> >> > For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni[/q2]
    [q2]> >>[/q2]
    [q2]> >> The value of the loan has nothing to do with which Uni.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> > Unless the uni is in London.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Well for some reason the max loan outside London is around £3800 but for some unknown reason i'm[/q1]
    [q1]> getting a loan of £4815, it seems my local LEA has made a mistake.[/q1]

Next year I shall have an income of about £10,000...

My parents will be giving me about £5,500 for my rent (damn london), £3,500 ish for my student loan,
    and I'm going to make about £1,000 working this summer

adam

"Max Power" <[email protected] m> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> well i get £2800 loan, + i have to pay £1025 tuition fees, leaving me with a grand total of:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> £1775 to live on for the year,[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> if my parents didn't pay my accomdation costs i would be pretty F***ed I guess since they are like[/q1]
    [q1]> £1800+/year.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> being a student sucks financially.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q3]> > >> > For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which[/q3]
    [q3]> > >> > uni[/q3]
    [q3]> > >>[/q3]
    [q3]> > >> The value of the loan has nothing to do with which Uni.[/q3]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q3]> > > Unless the uni is in London.[/q3]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> > Well for some reason the max loan outside London is around £3800 but[/q2]
    for
    [q2]> > some unknown reason i'm getting a loan of £4815, it seems my local LEA[/q2]
    has
    [q2]> > made a mistake.[/q2]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q1]>[/q1]

using my soon to be forgotten a-level maths i've worked out that i shall have... £90 a week to live
    on if i max out my student loan. that's after i've paid for halls and two meals a day. i think i can
    live nicely on that.

of course when i leave university i'll owe £15,600 but thats a few years away.

--
    Aonghus
    [email protected] [replace xxx with com to reply]

[q1]> well i get £2800 loan, + i have to pay £1025 tuition fees, leaving me with a grand total of:[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> if my parents didn't pay my accomdation costs i would be pretty F***ed I guess since they are like[/q1]
    [q1]> £1800+/year.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q3]> > >> > For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which[/q3]
    [q3]> > >> > uni[/q3]
    [q3]> > >>[/q3]
    [q3]> > >> The value of the loan has nothing to do with which Uni.[/q3]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q3]> > > Unless the uni is in London.[/q3]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> > Well for some reason the max loan outside London is around £3800 but[/q2]
    for
    [q2]> > some unknown reason i'm getting a loan of £4815, it seems my local LEA[/q2]
    has
    [q2]> > made a mistake.[/q2]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q1]>[/q1]

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> £1800+/year.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

It's not impossible to go it alone. Fortunately I don't have to pay tuition fees, and everything
    during term time is paid for by myself. Rent, car, food, etc. Working over summer + loan gives you
    more than enough.

"smish" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Next year I shall have an income of about £10,000...[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> My parents will be giving me about £5,500 for my rent (damn london),[/q1]
    £3,500
    [q1]> ish for my student loan, and I'm going to make about £1,000 working this summer [/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> adam[/q1]

£5500? Jesus. That's nearly three times what i pay.

ath wrote in message ...
    [q1]>using my soon to be forgotten a-level maths i've worked out that i shall have... £90 a week to live[/q1]
    [q1]>on if i max out my student loan. that's after i've paid for halls and two meals a day. i think i[/q1]
    [q1]>can live nicely on[/q1]
    that.

Don't forget that the beginning and end of each term will be more expensive than the other weeks due
    to society subscription fees, books, freshers week and balls and stuff. It's easy to budget in your
    head but not so easy to stick to it in practice. Becca (living on my overdraft this summer)

name <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Xns924A718954FBAemailemail [email protected]>...
    [q1]> For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni[/q1]

Gettin £3900 for studying at Cambridge, also picked up a thousand pounds bursary from some place,
    cant remember where lol...

"name" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Don't know how much it is - it's the non means-tested loan (not worth the effort, my dad earns a lot
    so they'd take that into account rather than my mum's salary (who I live with). For Oxford.

I don't know how much I should be paying in tuition fees - my mum's paying for them (she's been
    saving since I was little, not pleased I'm doing a four year course if I get in!). And my dad's
    giving me money for rent and food.

With the money I earn from working over the hols, I should have about £40 a week to spend on things
    other than living, not including the use of the student loan (which I don't plan to use much of if I
    can help it). Which should probably do me fine if I'm sensible (which I probably won't be!)

Andrew H (too many brackets in this e-mail!)

"Andrew Hollingbury" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> "name" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]> > For this topic Please specify how much student loan you have/ will received and for which uni[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Don't know how much it is - it's the non means-tested loan (not worth the effort, my dad earns a[/q1]
    [q1]> lot so they'd take that into account rather than my mum's salary (who I live with). For Oxford.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I don't know how much I should be paying in tuition fees - my mum's paying for them (she's been[/q1]
    [q1]> saving since I was little, not pleased I'm doing a[/q1]
    four
    [q1]> year course if I get in!). And my dad's giving me money for rent and[/q1]
    food.
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> With the money I earn from working over the hols, I should have about £40[/q1]
    a
    [q1]> week to spend on things other than living, not including the use of the student loan (which I[/q1]
    [q1]> don't plan to use much of if I can help it). Which should probably do me fine if I'm sensible[/q1]
    [q1]> (which I probably won't be!)[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Andrew H (too many brackets in this e-mail!)[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    (sternly) Brackets Are Good, I tell you.

Ginnie <and I'm particularly fond of these little angular ones. Why should the mathmos have
    all the fun?

Liverpool, £3195 living away from home. Irratating really as I thought that I'd get the full loan,
    which was about £3800 last year (outside London), especially considering I don't have to pay tuition
    fees cos my family (well, mum) is relatively poor. I'm contacting them about it anyway.

Rich.
    --
    Internet! Is that thing still around? - Homer Simpson
    W: And stop stealing monkeys! J: F*** you W: Fair enough

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:15:25 +0100s, Ginnie Redston ([email protected]) said...
    [q1]>(sternly) Brackets Are Good, I tell you.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>Ginnie <and I'm particularly fond of these little angular ones. Why should the mathmos have all[/q1]
    [q1]>the fun?>[/q1]

Not just mathmos... chemists, physcists, compscis, materials ppl... lots.

And we can (and do) use all 4 - () [] {} <>

chris

[q1]> Not just mathmos... chemists, physcists, compscis, materials ppl... lots.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> And we can (and do) use all 4 - () [] {} <>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> chris[/q1]

Picts live in brackets. John

[q1]> I'm contacting them about it anyway.[/q1]

It would appear if you live near your Uni the LEA don't believe that you are infact living away and
    assess you for 'home'. When you show them a tenancy/halls document they up the loan. Nice of them.

Rich.
    --
    Internet! Is that thing still around? - Homer Simpson
    W: And stop stealing monkeys! J: F*** you W: Fair enough

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.