Turn on thread page Beta

EVERYBODY's favourite ......... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    MOVIE....................anyone up for disscussing what they think the best ever fim is??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topaz)
    MOVIE....................anyone up for disscussing what they think the best ever fim is??????
    the set of ba****ds yea my favourite movie has to be that f****n halloween films with that murderer michael myers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topaz)
    The green mile!Its so sad!

And dirty dancing is a classic

ReputationRep:
    you know it will be completely pointless.....

i saw "one flew over the cuckoos nest" the other day, that is a great film

ReputationRep:
    oh has anyone seen the rocky horror picture show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    you know it will completely pointless.....

Is that the one in the mental home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    you know it will completely pointless.....

bees are on the what now?

next you will say you like watching fly away home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    Is that the one in the mental home?
    yeah with jack nickilson (can spell at the mo)

ReputationRep:
    thats a good film.Has anyone seen clockwork orange? We were talking about it in psychology last year, where they inject some man in the eyeball

ReputationRep:
    thats a good film.Has anyone seen clockwork orange? We were talking about it in psychology last year, where they inject some man in the eyeball
    yeah, i watched it while drunk and it screwed me up no end lol.

have you read the book?

ReputationRep:
    No i havent, mind you im not keen on the idea of needles in eyeballs

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen clockwork orange? We were talking about it in psychology last year, where they inject some man in the eyeball
    American History X is definitely up there with the best as well as the first matrix.

Clockwork Orange was nowhere as violent as i was led to believe, although i think it was the modern day edited cut. To be precise they didn't inject his eyeball, they put water droplets in his eyes whilst he is watching a film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    you know it will be completely pointless.....

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest = the greatest film ever made.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've seen it, after reading the book. They don't inject him in the eyeball - they're holding his eyelids open to force him to watch a particularly nasty film, and drop liquid in them so they don't dry out. It's still not very pleasant, but that's by no means the worst bit of the film.

I still haven't decided which version I like better of that - originally I read the American version of the book (which has a glossary at the back, and the last chapter is cut so that it finishes, as the film does, with "I was cured alright." *shudder*) which left me feeling very disturbed. Then I discovered that there is an original British version, with an extra chapter at the end, where Alex reforms properly. It puts a completely different spin on the end of the story and how you feel about him at the end...

My favourite films are the LotR ones, The English Patient and because I'm an emotional sucker, Forrest Gump.

ReputationRep:
    Greatest Film and squell.

WAYNES WORLD.

"It's waynes world, waynes world. party time, excellent."

ReputationRep:
    Also Bill and Ted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Also Bill and Ted
    XXX with vin diesel is clearly the best film ever, so may clever twists and better special effects than all that matix tosh..... definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by italianmark)
    XXX with vin diesel is clearly the best film ever, so may clever twists and better special effects than all that matix tosh..... definitely
    *cough* James Bond rip-off *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here seen Requiem for a Dream? That one made my hair stand on end for the last 10 minutes non-stop. It's such a sad movie but well worth watching provided you aren't chronically depressed

ReputationRep:
    In no particular order, my favourites are:

Citizen Kane
    Trainspotting
    the Godfather I, II and III
    Blade Runner
    the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    a Clockwork Orange
    Pulp Fiction

oh, and Finding Nemo

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.