The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I done CCEA Maths Higher today, it was very very very hard as well.

I'm hoping the grade boundaries will lower - A LOT.

Anyone else do CCEA Mathematics Higher Tier? :confused:
Reply 2
chrismuk

Yeah, i did the higher one today too - i totally agree, it was awful! :frown: I didnt like the last question especially, hope the boundaries are a lot lower this year too.
Reply 3
chrismuk

i didnt do the exam, but my additional maths teacher gave me a copy of the test today. Ive already got an a* in maths from last year and i am predicted to get an a* in additional maths this year, and even i think that exam is really difficult, im reading it right on. I mean really difficult!!!!!!!!!
Reply 4
Bowie88
i didnt do the exam, but my additional maths teacher gave me a copy of the test today. Ive already got an a* in maths from last year and i am predicted to get an a* in additional maths this year, and even i think that exam is really difficult, im reading it right on. I mean really difficult!!!!!!!!!

That sounds good then.

Should have done 2004's paper last year because it was way easier. :eek:

Even if you had a revision guide for Maths in front of you this year's would still be hard. :confused: :frown:
I didn't get the frequency density questions, the circle with triangles questions, the one where you had to leave the answer in surd form, some of the vectors questions, and the last one. Can't remember, I'm sure there were more. :mad:
Reply 5
chrismuk
That sounds good then.

what answer did u get for the first simultaneous equation???? That histogram thing is a load of crap!!!!!!!!
Reply 6
Even if you had a revision guide for Maths in front of you this year's would still be hard. :confused: :frown:

i think ur right, also was the test cut down about, i thought it was supposed to be 2 and a half hours.
chrismuk
That sounds good then.

i had my tutor in the same room as me (he was doing a different subject) (gotta love special considerations :p: :smile:)......and he seen my paper afterwards and he went mental saying it was far too hard..... but he said hes hoping the calculator paper shall not be as hard.....and so am i!!!!!! xoxo :bawling: xoxo
Reply 8
Bowie88
what answer did u get for the first simultaneous equation???? That histogram thing is a load of crap!!!!!!!!

I got
y= 16
x = 25

/See my edit to my last post.
Reply 9
chrismuk
I got
y= 16
x = 25

/See my edit to my last post.

im just after doing that now, thats the answer i got. A* for ccea is usually always 90%, what percent do u think it should be for this year?????????
Reply 10
Bowie88

i think ur right, also was the test cut down about, i thought it was supposed to be 2 and a half years.

What do you mean?
Reply 11
Bowie88
im just after doing that now, thats the answer i got. A* for ccea is usually always 90%, what percent do u think it should be for this year?????????

90% - are you sure?

'A' is meant to be around 67%.
'b' around 55%
'C' around 45%

for CCEA
chrismuk
90% - are you sure?

'A' is meant to be around 67%.
'b' around 55%
'C' around 45%

for CCEA

i heard from one of the teachers in my school that in the higher exam....u only need 19% to achieve a pass with CCEA...... xoxo
Reply 13
tammy_girl
i heard from one of the teachers in my school that in the higher exam....u only need 19% to achieve a pass with CCEA...... xoxo

Yea, that's any grade apart from a 'U' probably. But 45% for a C.
chrismuk
Yea, that's any grade apart from a 'U' probably. But 45% for a C.

*gets down and prays.........i need a C :bawling: i dont wanna have maths ever, ever again!!!!!!* lol! xoxo
Reply 15
tammy_girl
*gets down and prays.........i need a C :bawling: i dont wanna have maths ever, ever again!!!!!!* lol! xoxo

That's in higher tier though, I think it's different in Intermediate.

But in higher it hopefully be around 35% for a C, 55% for A since it was so hard. I was originally hoping for an A* in Maths and maybe was going to do it for A-level, don't know about that now - all depends.
Reply 16
I am woeful at maths and to be honest I found the CCEA intermediate paper today, relatively easy! There were some hard questions which I did awful on but all in all I found it straight forward enough. Nothing on the paper shocked me, we all knew what was going to come up, so therefore I hope I have done reasonably well in this paper as I am not as confident about the calculator paper! But all will be revealed on August 23rd!!!
All the best with paper 4 everyone!
Lurch
I am woeful at maths and to be honest I found the CCEA intermediate paper today, relatively easy! There were some hard questions which I did awful on but all in all I found it straight forward enough. Nothing on the paper shocked me, we all knew what was going to come up, so therefore I hope I have done reasonably well in this paper as I am not as confident about the calculator paper! But all will be revealed on August 23rd!!!
All the best with paper 4 everyone!

shush u :p: and i shall slag u as soon as u come back on msn :p: i promise u that :wink: :p: hahahaha! xoxo
Reply 18
tammy_girl
shush u :p: and i shall slag u as soon as u come back on msn :p: i promise u that :wink: :p: hahahaha! xoxo

in my experience. people who find the test easy usually do worse than they think.
Bowie88
in my experience. people who find the test easy usually do worse than they think.

yeah it usually does happen 'never count ur chickens before they hatch' rory :p: xoxo

Latest