The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gregorian IV
One Word....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It was unbelievably hard.....well i thought vectors was hard and the stupid quetion about find p and q and the circles.

Plus... the question about Jacks marks.....WHO GIVES A SAUSAGE about JAck's marks.

LOL. Yep it was very hard. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low. Vectors was okay for my but yeh I agree with you about the other two. It didn't help my moral sitting next to the smartest girl in the year who had finised within an hour and I know its not cause she couldn't do it. :mad:
Reply 2
i did aqa maths...non calc but i do modular assessment, so dont think i did same paper as u, tho we did have sum hard vectors on there! our paper was harder than any past papers, wtf is it with aqa this yr? german was hard as well
Gregorian IV
One Word....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It was unbelievably hard.....well i thought vectors was hard and the stupid quetion about find p and q and the circles.

Plus... the question about Jacks marks.....WHO GIVES A SAUSAGE about JAck's marks.

hey i done CCEA board and when i walked out i screamed my head off it was horrible :bawling:........it was so bloody hard :frown: xoxo
Ninja32
i did aqa maths...non calc but i do modular assessment, so dont think i did same paper as u, tho we did have sum hard vectors on there! our paper was harder than any past papers, wtf is it with aqa this yr? german was hard as well

Yeh I agree with you bout the past papers being easier. I had done a few past papers and found them very manageable so I went in there today feeling confident .... SILLY ME! :frown:
Reply 5
there was 1 stupid question...about cylinders in a box, and we had to leave our answer as pie...was gay i tell ya. Got half way there and then was stumped
Reply 6
Candy_Shop
Yeh I agree with you bout the past papers being easier. I had done a few past papers and found them very manageable so I went in there today feeling confident .... SILLY ME! :frown:

same here mate i found it sooooo hard i was expecting an A but I don't think I can get above B..........
that was the hardest paper so far... what did everone else do on the quadratic simultaneous equation.....???? and jack's marks??? what about the vectors (I got 3/4s + 1/4 T)

hope the next one;s easier...
I am very much looking forward to reading the examiners report because i think that the phrase they always use "the paper was thought to be accessible to all ability ranges"
i think somehow it will be impossible for them to say this for this years test. IT WAS DIFFICULT!

Everyone how took either modular or straight forward AQA Ful course should be hoping for an easy calculator paper, this means that people can make up marks

I AGREE WHAT THE **** is up with AQA they included a load of crap this year and really will be pushing people (i think). So hopefully we'll see a grade boundary of around 50% i think, this paper was by far the most difficult i've seen and therefore this papers grade boundary should be lower than last years. WE WERE WARNED THAT THIS YEARS TEST WOULD BE A DIFFICULT ONE.

Also my teachers face at the start of the exam was a picture!
thewebmaster
.... WE WERE WARNED THAT THIS YEARS TEST WOULD BE A DIFFICULT ONE.

We were? By who?
Reply 10
jacks marks question? some1 explain to me wat that question was about pls? dont believe it was on my paper :O
Reply 11
i did foundation, it wasnt very hard
Reply 12
Ninja32
there was 1 stupid question...about cylinders in a box, and we had to leave our answer as pie...was gay i tell ya. Got half way there and then was stumped

I think i tackled that..........but did the the subtraction incorrect........How did you do it?

I think we had to find

total volume of the box and then subtract the volume of the 20 cylinders.

volume for 20 cylinders was 5000phi yes!

box is like cube.......... lxwxh

height was given as 10cm there were 5 cyliinders in the front row and each cylinider diamter was 10cm so.........length is 50cm.............there were 4 cylinderson the other side...that makes the width 4x10=40

so the volume of box i got was 50x40x10=20000 cm^3

How did you do it?

Charikaar

charikaar
Reply 13
It was an unbelievely hard question that no1 understood and it was about a boy called jack! and i didn't get hardly any of it - thats my A* down the drain - hopefully AQA will make the calculator easier or sumthin.
Ok People. Dont Dwell On It And Break Down Questions And Stuff, It Doesnt Help Anybody. Whats Done Is Done. Youll Just End Up Kicking Yourself. Lets Just Look Ahead To The Calculator Paper :wink:
Reply 15
Yeh okay - tip work out what questions were on the non-calculator as normally hardly any of the same topic are repeated - so don't bother revising topics again - usually simulataneous equations and a couple of little things like that do reappear however
Reply 16
charikaar
I think i tackled that..........but did the the subtraction incorrect........How did you do it?

I think we had to find

total volume of the box and then subtract the volume of the 20 cylinders.

volume for 20 cylinders was 5000phi yes!

box is like cube.......... lxwxh

height was given as 10cm there were 5 cyliinders in the front row and each cylinider diamter was 10cm so.........length is 50cm.............there were 4 cylinderson the other side...that makes the width 4x10=40

so the volume of box i got was 50x40x10=20000 cm^3

How did you do it?

Charikaar

charikaar

yeh i got to 20000-5000pie, to find the space that wasnt filled by the cylinders
after this point, didnt no wat to do lol

how did u factorise the 3rd question which was sumfin like r^6-3r^4
Reply 17
The WJEC board Higher Maths paper was no different ..

About 50% of the paper I think I got no marks for ... I was aiming to achieve an A* but at this rate, I doubt I will be able to achieve a B ... which means my college plans for next year are ****ed !!

The quadratic equations went from nice, simply thought out, to one which I had no idea how to work out; I tried making it bigger and smaller by dividing and multiplying so I can work the two answers out.. yet I was unable. Best part was that if you couldn't do the first half, then you automaticly loose another 7 marks on the WJEC paper as there was more questions evaluating the same question !!! OMG !!!

About three of the higher level questions - get most marks - I left till end and tried to do at last 10-20 minutes ... but to all attemps FAILED.
Reply 18
well that paper was rubbish, that test made me about as happy as when sticky the stick insect got stuck to a sticky bun (not very happy at all) i did so badly,
Reply 19
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
NOOOOO that was like impossibleish.
I got a B for meh mocks and went in feeling confiden...."i pitty the fool!"
God help us when the calculator comes around there normally harder :frown:

Latest