TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
someone can be permanently ass suckling for all i care, unless they use that to then shoulder their way into your surgery or grab the signoffs you were sheduled to do.
How about sucking to thieve your community placement so that you'll probably have to travel 60 miles there and back twice a week to another GP which is apparently a pile of ****e?
Sucking up I can just about cope with, but sucking up which causes me hassle. ****roar****
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I hate ecg's it seems to me that no matter how much time I spend trying to get my head around them i still can't do it! It sucks
ECG made easy turned me into an ECG god for a while, i've forgotten it all now though.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
ECG made easy turned me into an ECG god for a while, i've forgotten it all now though.
everyone is recomending that book, the library is out of it though would you recomend buying it having not seen it first?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
everyone is recomending that book, the library is out of it though would you recomend buying it having not seen it first?
hmmm well I paid about £12 for it on amazon which is a lot for such a small little book but it is a good book and it did teach me lots about ECGs and its fairly easy to understand.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
hmmm well I paid about £12 for it on amazon which is a lot for such a small little book but it is a good book and it did teach me lots about ECGs and its fairly easy to understand.
I'l have a look and see if I can borrow it off someone in the year above, if not then I will get it thanks for the tip
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
How about sucking to thieve your community placement so that you'll probably have to travel 60 miles there and back twice a week to another GP which is apparently a pile of ****e?
Sucking up I can just about cope with, but sucking up which causes me hassle. ****roar****

see what the boredom of revision drives me to :rolleyes:

edit: I got the picture from the registration guide in case you wondered
Revenged
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by j00ni)
see what the boredom of revision drives me to :rolleyes:
I've had one week of anatomy and absolutely nothing else... and next week is exactly the same :rolleyes:... It's doing my head in...

If it wasn't for those Aclands videos that someone on here suggested - i'd be dead by now... They're awesome...
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Revenged)
I've had one week of anatomy and absolutely nothing else... and next week is exactly the same :rolleyes:... It's doing my head in...

If it wasn't for those Aclands videos that someone on here suggested - i'd be dead by now... They're awesome...
Have you tried netter cards? They are good for revision because someone who has no idea about anatomy can test you. My boyfriend used to help revise before vivas.
Revenged
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have you tried netter cards? They are good for revision because someone who has no idea about anatomy can test you. My boyfriend used to help revise before vivas.

Nope I've never heard of these cards... Were they useful?...
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 12 years ago
I hate ecg's it seems to me that no matter how much time I spend trying to get my head around them i still can't do it! It sucks
lead I is left arm
lead II is left leg
lead III is right leg

THe positive waveform should point between left arm and leg. If its left leg, normal.
left arm, left axis deviation
right leg, right axis deviation.

easy.

well, that bit. but its something some people dont get. especially if they use ecg made easy version like mine which is wrong.
(red colured book)
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
finda patient with rotavirus. Cover up the warnings outside their room, and send this guy in unprepared. they'll get explosive diarrheoa on the tube home, the tube will be delayed...
hilarious.
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
finda patient with rotavirus. Cover up the warnings outside their room, and send this guy in unprepared. they'll get explosive diarrheoa on the tube home, the tube will be delayed...
hilarious.
As if a guy could ever be that devious :p:

(not to mention that there are only 8 of us and 38 girls )
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
Who did what?

My personal hate is more the 'reads oxford handbook then asks rhetorical question that they know answer to because they just looked it up' ****s.
Prof K threw my Oxford Handbook under the table on Tuesday, chastising me for owning one Thankfully, I also had my 'mini K&C' in my bag, so saved the 'own goal'
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
~Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!!!

Along with www.ecglibrary.com
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by j00ni)

Ohh! Red Dwarf 'Hex Eyes'...!
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Prof K threw my Oxford Handbook under the table on Tuesday, chastising me for owning one
i think there should be some 'medical student protection' laws! :eek:
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Prof K threw my Oxford Handbook under the table on Tuesday, chastising me for owning one Thankfully, I also had my 'mini K&C' in my bag, so saved the 'own goal'
There is a mini kumar and clark? I had a look on amazon and I can't find it what exactly is it called?
medic_rules
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There is a mini kumar and clark? I had a look on amazon and I can't find it what exactly is it called?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saunders-Poc...e=UTF8&s=books

There you are hun
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's by another of my consultants - Dr Anne Ballinger (who is super lovely!).It is called "Essentials of Clinical Medicine" - the next edition is due out in December, and will marry up with the 'new' 6th ed of big K&C - so I wouldn;'t worry about investing just yet...
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's by another of my consultants - Dr Anne Ballinger (who is super lovely!).It is called "Essentials of Clinical Medicine" - the next edition is due out in December, and will marry up with the 'new' 6th ed of big K&C - so I wouldn;'t worry about investing just yet...
ok thanks hopefully I will be getting the big k and c for christmas and I am hopeing to get a PDA with dr consult throught the bsms pda project so hopefully with all that I will have enough information
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?