TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: [ad infinitum!]...
As if any more proof were needed that 'mature student' is the ultimate oxymoron :p:
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: [ad infinitum!]...
:rolleyes: :p:
I didnt stay long as you can probably tell
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by j00ni)
As if any more proof were needed that 'mature student' is the ultimate oxymoron :p:
:eek: I'm a moron
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't you just hate it as a medical student when you turn up to organised things and they don't happen. yes I get that people are busy but it'd be nice to be let know when people are on holiday once in a while!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The rationing of healthcare begins
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
UH comedy = ****ing awesome.
Renal = The UH Techie.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
there's so much stuff to do here, when am i ever going to work????? :s: it's amazing to think i was bored last term.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmmm, the 4th year girls drinking soc have just come up with the idea of a "bring a doctor" dinner - we have to bring the most senior doctor we can get, with a prize for the best "catch." Wondering where I should start aiming for...
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really enjoyed UH comedy last night.

As least I think I did.

If I spoke to you at any point during the after party, I'm very very sorry.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Hmmm, the 4th year girls drinking soc have just come up with the idea of a "bring a doctor" dinner - we have to bring the most senior doctor we can get, with a prize for the best "catch." Wondering where I should start aiming for...
HO/SHO is too easy. I'd go for an SpR. Surgical regs have more time to spare than medical.

I knew of a guy who in his final year had an aim of sleeping with someone in every grade in the hospital. Pulled it off to i think.
worst is that after the first 3/4 people found out what he was doing and they still slept with him. including a married 40 something consultant.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Go on you know you want to try for a consultant
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Go on you know you want to try for a consultant
Of course I do, it's just a matter of working out which one...and I'm in a fairly small hospital at the moment.

Could probably get one of the staff grade surgeons but...
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No - if you certify them as not having a pacemaker, so they don't explode and destroy the crem...

Ahhhh! Sweet Ash Cash - I dream of the day!!!
LOL - although actually you only need to state whether they have a pacemaker/ICD on the cremation form. If you do and the crem blows up - you're covered. It is up to the undertakers to then sort it out.

Ash cash earnings can be quite profitable.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
LOL - although actually you only need to state whether they have a pacemaker/ICD on the cremation form. If you do and the crem blows up - you're covered. It is up to the undertakers to then sort it out.

I remember the F1s last year fighting over the crem forms :eek:
Jamie
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)

especially ona geri's firm.
I've made a hundred quid in the last week. [my HO is going 50.50 with me if i fill it all out and just leave him to add a signiture. suits me!]

i was suprised by how many people give ash cash to charity. its a really nice idea.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ash cash?

Every day my opinion of the medical community falls just an eency weency bit
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
An eency weency bit isn't to bad considering you presumably have to listen to David's cynicism :p:

edit: Oh and it seems I have tonsilitis, boy am I regretting not registering with a local GP, so now I have an hours bus journey to see my GP and get some much needed ABx Either that or ask the GPs where I am at the moment, but that would be a bit cheeky I think
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
ash cash?

Every day my opinion of the medical community falls just an eency weency bit
Try getting someone to take legal responsibility for anything remotely serious out of the goodness of their heart.

It's similar to having to pay a solicitor to witness various signings, it's just that our job involves death and theirs doesn't.
Revenged
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ash cash?

Weird... Never heard of that before...

Do you get paid for signing death certificates as well then?
Jamie
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Revenged)
Ash cash?

Weird... Never heard of that before...

Do you get paid for signing death certificates as well then?
thats what ash cash is.
you only get paid if they go for crem.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.34%
No (202)
72.66%

Watched Threads