TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
considering how many consultants are asian, one might argue that the same sort of behaviour would pick out just as many polite asian lads as rugger buggers - more infact.
poor little blacks boys however...

if think its right there be a degree of nepotism. its a necessary evil when you have meritocracy. why shouldn't a consultant chose person A for the job because person A worked for their buddy adn they heard great things about him?

the system now has gone so far they have saught to completely prevent any meritocracy, any experience or qualities counting towards you.
I used rugby boy because that was what was used in the post that I was reply for, of course there are numerous scenarios when a consultant might choose a particular applicant.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 11 years ago
Some absolute douche anonymously neg repped me for that comment.
I would query the race of that *****.

Its either an asian who doesn't want to admit that yes, his race too is capable of discrimination (especially against their own little groups)
Or possibly a black kid who doesn't realise i was pointing out that if discrimination does occur, then its the black kids who have it stacked against them.

Its all rather a pointless discussion these days anyway. Fact is consultants now have bugger all choice who goes on their shortlists, and the uphill battle tends to be to find someone half competent who can actually speak english, rather than silly prejudices about race.
Philosoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol how sensitive they must be :rolleyes:. I didn't even think twice when I saw the post lol, I just agreed with it.
Revenged
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol... why would you get so work out about negative rep jamie?... it's probably stressed with exams coming up and you're just venting your anger at anyone and everyone... I think went through a phase like but that's cuz i got fed up of learning stupid details for exams... maybe you should be proactive and go and buy a punching bag and stick a photo of someone you don't like on it...
Ribbons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Revenged)
lol... why would you get so work out about negative rep jamie?... it's probably stressed with exams coming up and you're just venting your anger at anyone at everyone... I think went through a phase like but that's cuz i got fed up of learning stupid details for exams... maybe you should be proactive and go and buy a punching bag and stick a photo of someone you don't like on it...
Works better with darts, I think
Revenged
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ribbons)
Works better with darts, I think
lol...
Jamie
Report 11 years ago
lol... why would you get so work out about negative rep jamie?... it's probably stressed with exams coming up and you're just venting your anger at anyone and everyone... I think went through a phase like but that's cuz i got fed up of learning stupid details for exams... maybe you should be proactive and go and buy a punching bag and stick a photo of someone you don't like on it...
well yes, the rage is firing out sporodically - i have an assessment of my GPing skills today worth 10% of my final marks, plus finals now 2 weeks away.

but to be honest i would have been narked anyway.
its hardly like this section is viewed by joe public. tends to be medics in here. woould have hoped they would have an ounce of sense.
obviously not. a 'i'm a medical student...cuz i have been accepted' type perhaps?
Ribbons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
its hardly like this section is viewed by joe public.
Could've been anybody, really :dontknow:
Well, there does seem to be this silly trend of negging people with no comment or explanation on here...ah well.
For what it is worth, I don't see what is so offensive about what you said. Favouritism happens. Everywhere. You'd have to be pretty oblivious to not realise that..

Anyway, good luck for your assessment .

And I just watched the video link Revenged posted..:laugh: Pretty cool
national
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Scrubin'
First year medical school class takes some time away from the books to make a music video. Work hard, play hard.
**This is purely for entertainment purposes. No human specimens were filmed in this video, and this in now way reflects actual conduct in the anatomy lab.** (more) (less)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y8G4s1yxi0
Enjoy!
That video is a total lawl.
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was in the top 38 (out of 290) for EMQs for Brain and Behaviour.

And I still narrowly missed an A for overall SAQs/EMQs. Darnit.

I'm going to do worse in Human Development, which is just wrong
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Congrats!

If you are on a roll, do you want to finish writing my SSM up? I've hit a 'psychosocial' wall... There are so many aspects I could talk about, I'm not sure which to go for. Stupid word limits!!!!
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Congrats!

If you are on a roll, do you want to finish writing my SSM up? I've hit a 'psychosocial' wall... There are so many aspects I could talk about, I'm not sure which to go for. Stupid word limits!!!!
Thanks! Would love to but I have to do....

2 pbls for tomorrow
1 write-up pbl for tues
Learn all of human development in a week
Revise the entire year.

...which is obviously why i'm on TSR :rolleyes: Good luck...
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh and I have finished Medicine in Society for the year!!!!!!!

(sorry but that deserved another post! :dancing: )

ooooh and
(Original post by MC)
The low class mean (53%) reflects in part a difficult exam, but that
mark is also down on this time last year. However it is acknowledged
that Brain & Behaviour plus Locomotor are probably the toughest modules
in the MBBS course. The 3 HSPH EMQs were done reasonably well.
*is overly happy* I do think Human Dev is harder though (well more poorly taught, that's for sure)
friendlyneutron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahh you're so lucky you have a week between some of your exams! I have all of mine in the one week (... which is why i'm on TSR ).
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by friendlyneutron)
Ahh you're so lucky you have a week between some of your exams! I have all of mine in the one week (... which is why i'm on TSR ).
no no i don't....

That was a regular in course assessment 2 weeks ago.
We're still being taught. I have another in course assessment in 1 week.
2 weeks SSM and then I have an SSM exam in 3 weeks.
Then I have a week off.
Then I have 3 *end of year* exams in one week.

You guys are lucky you finish so soon!!
friendlyneutron
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
no no i don't....

That was a regular in course assessment 2 weeks ago.
We're still being taught. I have another in course assessment in 1 week.
2 weeks SSM and then I have an SSM exam in 3 weeks.
Then I have a week off.
Then I have 3 *end of year* exams in one week.

You guys are lucky you finish so soon!!
Finishing soon = less time for revision unfortunately. I have my end of year exams in 2 and a bit weeks, 11 papers in the one week *dies* ... I should probably get back to revision...

edit: 11... histology's so boring I counted it twice.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
13 papers spread over just over a week starting next Saturday here
national
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello, I'm not in this society and obviously shouldn't comment here but... are there any Aberdeen Medics on here?

friendlyneutron
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
13 papers spread over just over a week starting next Saturday here
Eep, how's the revision going?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
Some absolute douche anonymously neg repped me for that comment.
I would query the race of that *****.

Its either an asian who doesn't want to admit that yes, his race too is capable of discrimination (especially against their own little groups)
Or possibly a black kid who doesn't realise i was pointing out that if discrimination does occur, then its the black kids who have it stacked against them.

Its all rather a pointless discussion these days anyway. Fact is consultants now have bugger all choice who goes on their shortlists, and the uphill battle tends to be to find someone half competent who can actually speak english, rather than silly prejudices about race.
Just realised you aren't a sub .... could have sworn you were have you ever been?

Am I the only on here who doesn't have exams starting until July
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads