Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    On an unrelated note...is it worth putting myself down as a "model" for an ultrasound training course? I'd get £50 a day but I need to commit now and I'm not sure of my timetable yet...
    I would say go for it you could always miss a day. You could contact the office and ask them if they have your rotation information that I what i always do and they normally have it just haven't released it etc. I was going to put myself down as a model on a training course for something to do with anaethesia (not really putting them under though) but they put they they wanted the person to be "slender" so i decided not to

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm a med-student to be I accepted my uncondtional offer from HYMS a few weeks ago. Can I join? :five:

ReputationRep:
    Lol no, we have to wait until September/October. Never know, something could happen, change our minds, get run over, etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I need a chainsaw to cut through the tension in this thread.
    :s
    Was just thinkingthe same... Everyone seems to be acting like an A1 ****! Chill out people. You are studying medicine to be doctors, not to pass exams!*

*I reserve the right to retract that statement at any point within the next 7 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Lol no, we have to wait until September/October. Never know, something could happen, change our minds, get run over, etc etc
    What, seriously? That sucks! Hard enough to get into med school, I didn't realised we had to pass other bars to get into a TSR Soc :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    well in gkt if you fail your osces you have to repeat the year.
    I found out yesterday that if we fail our osces we can just retake them in September. (I assume this is true for every yr)
    your implication was that nobody who had the same sort of exams as you could possibly dare to complain or feel nervous.
    That wasn't meant to be implied. Would have thought it was implicit that it wasn't an implication, I guess i shouldnt have assumed as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I found out yesterday that if we fail our osces we can just retake them in September. (I assume this is true for every yr).
    Yup - you get one more shot (can only get the pass mark of 50% though), if you fail the resit you either get asked to leave or allowed to resit the year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    Heh, is it a bad thing I don't know when we have ours? :ninja:
    I think the worry of the written exams is enough for now.
    Well done Sarky, it's a good feeling to know you will have passed
    I understand you signature! It's a countdown of your exams, isn't it? :hubba: :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I understand you signature! It's a countdown of your exams, isn't it? :hubba: :proud:
    Maybe..:ninja::p:

Argh what a silly silly silly exam! I am so not impressed at having spent a while learning all the legal issues and legislations and things, not one came up in the exam! Not one!:mad: It was all silly sociology..grr.
    *sigh* Homeostasis and metabolism tomorrow :bebored:

PS: Nobody likes the dancing elephants?

ReputationRep:

Argh what a silly silly silly exam! I am so not impressed at having spent a while learning all the legal issues and legislations and things, not one came up in the exam! Not one!:mad: It was all silly sociology..grr.

Hey Ribby! Loooong time .

I knew it! Demo wins!

Awww :hugs: ;console; Well, at least that's out of the way now! How are you?

I liked 'em :cool:.

ReputationRep:

Good luck for tomorrow! homeostasis (bar renal) = good, metabolism = bad, very bad. If I have to learn about one more BLOODY kinase I'll scream, what's so good about phosphate anyway?! It's such a tart.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, phosphates ftl :p:

ReputationRep:
    It sucks, but you'll need to remember bits of Lent MIMS for pharm.

And you'll never be free from cAMP and GPCRs...EVER! Or the autonomic nervous system. :hmpf:

They also expect you to know your renal physiology inside out for pharm. They spend about half a lecture recapping what happens, and then throw in a load of drugs which affect various channels and transporters. I found myself reaching for my physiology textbook today...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to wise-up on physiology with my dad's books over the summer... hopefully come to med school with enough knowledge to help me through .

ReputationRep:
    ^ People will kill you. :p: FACT.

ReputationRep:
    No one gets out of life alive :p:. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ribby! Loooong time .

I knew it! Demo wins!

Awww :hugs: ;console; Well, at least that's out of the way now! How are you?

I liked 'em :cool:.
    heh, thank you I'm alright, just a bit stressed now.

(Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Good luck for tomorrow! homeostasis (bar renal) = good, metabolism = bad, very bad. If I have to learn about one more BLOODY kinase I'll scream, what's so good about phosphate anyway?! It's such a tart.
    :rofl: :five:
    I've decided that carbohydrate metabolism is the worst topic ever. Yeah, even worse than sociology. And I'll have to revise this stupid nonsense next week again for the clinical integrative exam ..oh well, at least it isn't three weeks away, which would mean learning it all over again:p:
    And thank you, I do need much luck!

I'm going to wise-up on physiology with my dad's books over the summer... hopefully come to med school with enough knowledge to help me through .
    :rofl: I'd take Philosoraptor's word and go into hiding before the fire/baton shower starts:p:
    But seriously Demo, there is no point. Enjoy the rest of your gap year doing fun stuff/nothing. Don't spend it over a physiology textbook, which probably won't make much sense and won't stick at all. It's not going to do you give you any 'advantage'..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    Good luck for tomorrow! homeostasis (bar renal) = good,
    What have I ever done to you?

ReputationRep:
    Visesh - is it bad that I STILL don't know any renal physiology? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Visesh - is it bad that I STILL don't know any renal physiology? :p:
    Remind me to never get admitted to your ITU

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.