This discussion is closed.
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
we can't help it..

i can't revise, have exams in 3 weeks, i know nothing. Have my first dissection ever tomorrow and i'll probably faint or something:rolleyes:
;console; You always know more than you think . I know in some exams I've gone in feeling confident that I can recall absolutely nothing about the subject, but on reading the questions it all suddenly comes back .

So, don't stress, and trust that you've actually learnt the stuff hehe.
friendlyneutron
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
we can't help it..

i can't revise, have exams in 3 weeks, i know nothing. Have my first dissection ever tomorrow and i'll probably faint or something:rolleyes:
Oh good luck - it can be a bit daunting (I decked it when I saw my first cadaver... quite embarrassing, I'll blame it on the hangover) but you get used to it really quickly! It's really useful too, hope you get a lot out of it.
Ribbons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
we can't help it..

At least 3 weeks is longer than 20 or so hours:eek: :ninja:

Good luck for the dissection tomorrow!
Solid_L
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1st dissection tomorrow? It's the end of the university year what university are you studying at? (not critizising, just curious more than anything)
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Saffie has chosen dissection for her SSM/SSC ;yes;
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ribbons)
Saffie has chosen dissection for her SSM/SSC ;yes;
thank you

Good luck for impending exams!! Least they'll be out of the way soon!

& thanks friendlyneutron, i've seen prosections so here's hoping it can't get much worse. It will though, i *hate* old wasted legs and feet (dead or alive).

Demon_AS- I hope you're right! But I generally cram and forget. Hmm.
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thank you

Good luck for impending exams!! Least they'll be out of the way soon!

& thanks friendlyneutron, i've seen prosections so here's hoping it can't get much worse. It will though, i *hate* old wasted legs and feet (dead or alive).
Aw thank you

Heh, can't be worse than gangrenous feet:ninja:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Demon_AS- I hope you're right! But I generally cram and forget. Hmm.
Heh, ask Ribbons...

Demon_AS is always right :evil:.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:argh:

I swear, the people who set the repro steeplechase are actually sadistic *******s. We'd seen about 40% of the things previously this year, including the fancy posters they put up. A lot of it was from histology last year (okay, they warned us about it, so that's fair enough) and the rest of it was just a bunch of squiggles and random colour. How the **** are we meant to know what a randomly unidentified stained (I'm guessing trichrome) section of a placenta is meant to show, when we've never seen one of those sections- ever? (Well, it was vaguely identifiable after about 2 minutes, but with 3 minutes at each station....:|)

Roll on September, I'm sure I'll be there with most of the people I've spoken to since. A 60 or 70% passmark on that paper just takes the piss :rolleyes:
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
:argh:

I swear, the people who set the repro steeplechase are actually sadistic *******s. We'd seen about 40% of the things previously this year, including the fancy posters they put up. A lot of it was from histology last year (okay, they warned us about it, so that's fair enough) and the rest of it was just a bunch of squiggles and random colour. How the **** are we meant to know what a randomly unidentified stained (I'm guessing trichrome) section of a placenta is meant to show, when we've never seen one of those sections- ever? (Well, it was vaguely identifiable after about 2 minutes, but with 3 minutes at each station....:|)

Roll on September, I'm sure I'll be there with most of the people I've spoken to since. A 60 or 70% passmark on that paper just takes the piss :rolleyes:
steeplechase
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are we talking about horse riding? :wtf?:

Edit: Oh.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
steeplechase
basically an osce with just the examiner-less' stations.
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
:eek:
You may have done better than you think, good luck ;console;
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woah, Ribbons on invisible mode! Never thought I'd see the day . :p:
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my dissection SSMs not as good as it could be. We kind of need someone there constantly telling us if we're cutting right and what we're looking at. Oh well. It's good at making me revise anatomy.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hah, anatomy is important.

So, nice one .
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my dissection SSMs not as good as it could be. We kind of need someone there constantly telling us if we're cutting right and what we're looking at. Oh well. It's good at making me revise anatomy.
Did you have a manual to follow?
Saffie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah but its not that useful.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:getmecoat

Ribbons just ignored me! :p:
Ribbons
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah but its not that useful.
We have a manual too and it's quite detailed...well, we stopped reading it towards the end :ninja:..but it was pretty helpful in the beginning.
No demonstrators?!

(Original post by Demon_AS)
:getmecoat

Ribbons just ignored me! :p:
Oh hello, didn't see you:p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?