The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We had a celebrity lecture today. :cool:

Admittedly it was actually for the 6th years, but we were in the common room with nothing to do and thought we'd come along too.
Reply 4761
I dictated my own referral letters today. It was by far the highlight of my day (even though i had a pretty cool day)
Reply 4762
I had to rate the pain of submersing my arm in ice cold water for 4 minutes today. It indeed hurts.
Reply 4763
I've got norovirus and my tummy aches so badly. :frown: :frown:
Reply 4764
Muse

****ters.(literally)
Muse

Sorry to hear that buddy! Here's to as speedy a recovery as possible!
Reply 4766
Bad ****. :frown:

Robbed.
Reply 4767
Where the hell am i going on my elective? I only have 7 months to sort it out!
Reply 4768
Sarky

I know people who are going on theirs next month and haven't sorted it yet, so don't fret
Reply 4769
Sarky

I am in the same boat :eek: - though slightly longer (a smidgen over a year). Last minute planning won't be an option because we have finals immediately before!

So, lets take this thread on an electives tangent again to seek inspiration... :wink: What have people here done? Any words of wisdom for planning?
Someone kindly dug me out an 'English speaking map' a while back which I should revisit.
I'm planning on going to the Cook Islands. One look at a photo of Aitutaki had me sold.
Reply 4771
Well i'm going alone so i need to be practical. I wanted to go to Jamaica but they want to charge me £125 pw so they can get lost.

I just came back from Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand (escaped for xmas to see the bf) and Malaysia seemed like a good place to do it if you were in the capital....

I am applying to Trinidad and Tobago at the moment.
Germany all the way baby :p:
Well China is cool too. :smile:
Reply 4773
New Zealand, Baby!
Reply 4774
I'm off to Uganda in little over a month, cannot wait

Kiwoko Hospital, Luweero

:biggrin:
Reply 4775
Philosoraptor
Germany all the way baby :p:
Well China is cool too. :smile:
you cannot go to germany for an elective, seriously, no. :hmmm:

j00ni, good choice, I :suith: Uganda.

i was probably gonna do the kenyan orphanage project this summer but i dont think it's happening anymore :frown:
Reply 4776
j00ni
I'm off to Uganda in little over a month, cannot wait

Kiwoko Hospital, Luweero

:biggrin:

Oooh, just don't volunteer to be the president's private doctor :p:
okay i'm a bit confuzzled. why ahven't you been on your elective yet jooni when dave went a couple months ago? :confused:
People go at different times of the year. If all students went away at the same time they'd be a shortage of places, and the med school would effectively close down for final years for a couple of months, which is inefficient.
Saffie
you cannot go to germany for an elective, seriously, no. :hmmm:

Whyever not? :p: Not everyone needs/should go to Africa or something!
Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

Latest

Trending

Trending