The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hah, don't worry about it :smile:. Just quote Ribdoc next time - saves confusion :wink:.
Demon_AS
Hah, HYMS isn't even on there... probably because we're having our first set of graduates this summer.
Funny that seeing as the table ranks doctors taking their GP exams! :biggrin:
Heh, yeah, I was being disingenuous :wink:.
Nah, I'm just what they call talented and versatile :p:. Which is why I went to the best med school.
Reply 5324
Anaesthetics is cool - intubated someone today and for the first time in about ten attempts I managed to actually find the vocal cords!! Venflons are also getting much easier thanks to this attachment.

Do any of you clued-up medics know about the newly revamped CT1/2/3 career structure? A reg I was speaking to today said there was some report that meant MMC is changing again and by the time 2009 comes around, the ST system will be no more and that trusts were already interviewing for a 3 year rotation programme to replace the early ST years.
wideawake
Lol!! Just because it doesn't have any failures in GP exams doesn't make it the best med school
:biggrin:
It's still a 100% success record without any failures :wink:.

Where do you study, buddy? :biggrin:
*tink*
medicine - its actually pretty good, just a shame that its now when I want (well need) to be revising. Do you know where you are for your second year placements yet?

ooooo what was your essay title??? Message me if don't want to post them up here! Might give me an idea of what kind of angle they are taking! but yeah NCSC is rubbish. still I can't actually fail this panel with all my other marks so takes the pressure off!

Where at?

My nursing experience is at UHW (Boo! I wanted Swansea by the beach and all!) and foundation clinical in Llantrisant at Royal Glamorgan. I haven't been to the latter one yet, what's it like?
They gave me two topics - Growth Hormone Axis and The Complement System. In the end I got asked about GH and dwarfism. Wouldn't be able to say what the rest were because I didn't really pay much attention to them :redface:
What two topics/panels have you got?
What up, Seven :biggrin:. How's it going?
Demon_AS
What up, Seven :biggrin:. How's it going?

Heh, not so great. I've got far far too much to revise! :eek2:
How about you?
In the same boat, but taking it with a rather zen attitude :wink:.

What are you revising right now, Ribblydoc? :wink:
I'm doomed. I couldn't remember which was systole and which was diastole in blood pressure...
Demon_AS
In the same boat, but taking it with a rather zen attitude :wink:.

What are you revising right now, Ribblydoc? :wink:

Heh.
Pharmacology ;yes; How about you?

Katie
I'm doomed. I couldn't remember which was systole and which was diastole in blood pressure...

;console; During an assessment?
Hah, no, I just told her on MSN :smile:.

I was revising Psychological Health during the day, but Katie and I did a little on the GI tract over MSN just now :smile:. Don't worry, I told her what systole and diastole was :p:.

Pharmacology? Oooh, what drugs? :biggrin:
Reply 5333
Muse
Do any of you clued-up medics know about the newly revamped CT1/2/3 career structure? A reg I was speaking to today said there was some report that meant MMC is changing again and by the time 2009 comes around, the ST system will be no more and that trusts were already interviewing for a 3 year rotation programme to replace the early ST years.
Sounds vaguely Tookey, I thought that was being ****ed off.
That failure thingy is a bit of a double edged blade though isn't it?
Could possibly show how hard the exams/etc are....
Reply 5335
I just saw fluffy reaaaaaally hammered :cool::biggrin:
Muse
Anaesthetics is cool - intubated someone today and for the first time in about ten attempts I managed to actually find the vocal cords!! Venflons are also getting much easier thanks to this attachment.

yeah it does sound pretty like tooke recommendations.... i didn't mind the sound of it really. i mean anything that keeps it broad based is a popular choice of mine, i don't think i'm ever gonna want to choose a specialty. but yeah it's all anything but fact and i'm sure they'll manage to squirm out of anything i like. the original plan was that it wouldn't affect current 4th years but it would affect 3rd years so i don't think that's you is it? i haven't really been paying attention the past couple of weeks sorry.
Lol, what's the sight like? :p:
Reply 5338
Saffie

I hurt. Damn wine!
Reply 5339
Saffie
She has a excuse (I'm sure), what's yours fresher?

Latest

Trending

Trending