don't go :ninja:
    :laugh:

Good luck Saffie!

ReputationRep:
    thanks ribbons.
    no fanks to bright star :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Boooo!

I'm really fecked off! The academic job of my dreams is not being offered in my F2 year in my Deanery of choice - and the most *useful* info I was given was "to take a year out and have a baby or something..." Grrrrr!

So, do I risk a North West Thames application???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    i don't want to have exams tomorrow
    You'll be fine! HD is fun!

ReputationRep:
    fluffy, do you want to sit my exams for me then?

ReputationRep:
    If you fancy sitting my loco for me

ReputationRep:
    I by far have the better end of the deal... alas I'd have to pay too many people to keep quiet, bugger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Boooo!

I'm really fecked off! The academic job of my dreams is not being offered in my F2 year in my Deanery of choice - and the most *useful* info I was given was "to take a year out and have a baby or something..." Grrrrr!

So, do I risk a North West Thames application???
    Go for it - you'd get in no probs, providing you can bull**** the creative writing! I don't know what to do with London, am tempted by the UCL deanery but the applicant ratios will probably all change again next year!!

As for the Tooke report thing, my clinical dean said today that the recommendations are still being considered by the government and it could affect our foundation applications if they make a decision before May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    Glad to hear that. The early starts and long journeys better be worth it!

Can you skive off sometimes? The booklet gives me the impression that that will be nearly impossible.

MDTA is mahoosive. I'm having such a fun time revising it :rolleyes:
    after the first couple of days I doubt you'll be getting that stupidly early bus - someone will drive! The first day I think there were like 30 of us on it, then I got it randomly one day in the middle of the block and there were 2 of us!

and skiving of nursing. Maybe. Entirely depends who you get. Some people had to clock up 37.5 hours not including any breaks, others more like 3.75 hours!

I've been up since 6 revising. Trying to learn all of second year alimentary and MDTA on the morning of the exam just ain't gonna happen. eeeeeek. Bring on the 2nd May!!

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of anatomy flash cards?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sarky)
    i luffs them!! i have some grays ones that i find useful (well i share them with people) then again i do find that sometimes i just learn the labels to that particular picture on the card and can't apply that if i get a different picture which is obviously less good.... they work best if you test yourself using other pictures/specimens using the cards for question inspiration/the answers i've found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    i luffs them!! i have some grays ones that i find useful (well i share them with people) then again i do find that sometimes i just learn the labels to that particular picture on the card and can't apply that if i get a different picture which is obviously less good.... they work best if you test yourself using other pictures/specimens using the cards for question inspiration/the answers i've found.
    Thats a good point. I'm gonna get some i think so at least my boyf can help me with revision!

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe how weird?! I was just thinking of getting the Gray's anatomy student flashcard things!
    Not sure if I could justify buying them on a (reasonably) tight budget!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    The Netter ones are really, really, really, really good!!!

ReputationRep:
    the exam didn't even happen. Typical medical school **** up. I suppose they didn't give us the answers this time, just let us out of the room knowing the questions so we could look them up, which is an improvement. They then decided that this perhaps wasn't such a good idea so that they should probably cancel it.

ReputationRep:
    Netter's stuff is pretty good, I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    The Netter ones are really, really, really, really good!!!
    Those are the ones i was looking at . Started revising for intermediates this week. Scary..bloody intermediates/bloody quartiles.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the Gray's Anatomy ones, but there's so many I have felt too intimidated to even look at them so far. Instead I got an anatomy colouring book and have been writing my notes all over it!

ReputationRep:
    I have some, got them in california no less.
    Can't remember which they are though.

ReputationRep:
    you guys actually learn anatomy? :eek2:

my exams were fine. phew.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.