The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5600
How's it worded - deadline in bold saying no late applications will be considered or does it seem more flexible? Worth a try..?

& nosily - what's the course? :p:
& random news sharing - I am actually pleased with my latest 5th year specialty exam results. :biggrin:
Ugh...another fifth year project down. I got 2 hours sleep last night cause we had a power cut and my work was on my PC!

Oh well. the big countdown to finals can't start now! woop!
Reply 5602
Does anyone know anything about death certificates?
Reply 5603
Daveo

They are one of the only things we can't get while still alive?
Daveo

erm..its something i should know as i think i have been taught it...woops!
Reply 5605
Daveo

What about them? Anything specific?
Reply 5606
More specifically, anybody got any lectures or powerpoints on them? Or tips on writing them?
Reply 5607
Daveo
More specifically, anybody got any lectures or powerpoints on them? Or tips on writing them?
I know that the Ox Handbook Foundation Programme have a decent guide.
Reply 5609
OK, there's an open report currently on the number of work experience threads (you know who you are :wink:) in this place. I'm tempted to make it into some sort of sticky, linking to the wiki and all that jazz, and start merging stuff into it, but not sure if that will work entirely. Thought I'd consult you guys, seeing as you're the ones most likely to be helping out with that sort of thing - one big thread or lots of little ones?
Helenia
OK, there's an open report currently on the number of work experience threads (you know who you are :wink:) in this place. I'm tempted to make it into some sort of sticky, linking to the wiki and all that jazz, and start merging stuff into it, but not sure if that will work entirely. Thought I'd consult you guys, seeing as you're the ones most likely to be helping out with that sort of thing - one big thread or lots of little ones?

One big thread definitely I think.
Helenia

Why not have a few catagories of 'ask a offer holder threads'

w/e
ps
entrance tests
gap years
the B you have in GCSE ****wittery

Then I won't feel guilty about ignoring those that are:

a) blind
b) don't search.
Reply 5613
One big thread, but everyone's circumstances but all the little buggers think that they're different and special.

Lock or merge, now that's a better question. :colone:
Renal
One big thread, but everyone's circumstances but all the little buggers think that they're different and special.

With a face like that, you'd be better off locking and loading :wink:
Reply 5615
one big thread please.

HSPH ('human science and public health') is a joke. A really bad one.
Lectures would be better suited to 12 year olds. My pbl group are being more ridiculous than ever. They're so rude and stupid. They only got here because they went to private schools and they arent even gracious or polite when they fail to understand basic concepts. I dont understand why the PBL tutor is so patient or why he persists in trying to teach them stuff they should have learnt in their own time.
/rant
Reply 5616
Saffie
HSPH ('human science and public health') is a joke. A really bad one.
Lectures would be better suited to 12 year olds. My pbl group are being more ridiculous than ever. They're so rude and stupid. They only got here because they went to private schools and they arent even gracious or polite when they fail to understand basic concepts. I dont understand why the PBL tutor is so patient or why he persists in trying to teach them stuff they should have learnt in their own time.
/rant
I LOL'd.
Renal

I always used to merge, but it does muck things up if you mix up posts. Am tempted just to lock with a standard response telling them to look in the big thread.
Reply 5618
Helenia
I always used to merge, but it does muck things up if you mix up posts. Am tempted just to lock with a standard response telling them to look in the big thread.
Unless there's something really speshul about it, then I may step in. :colone:
Reply 5619
Renal
I LOL'd.

you couldnt handle my PBL group. you'd shout at people or walk out after five minutes
:hmmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending