Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Helenia)
    Ooooh no, not my blind date! Yuk. Nor the one I was seeing earlier in term - we're still friends but he's not after a relationship. This is another first year, and we've only been together about 2-3 weeks, so I don't want to get anything big because a)I'm poor and b)that would be scary. Plus it's the end of term on Saturday, so will be going away Makes life soooooooo much more fun. My friend suggested one of those chocolate plaque thingies from Thorntons, just as a nice gesture (as I really don't know him well enough yet to know what sort of stuff he'd actually want) which I think sounds reasonable. Fluffy - I think you should go skydiving. :p:
    go for the vienese truffles instead - every guy loves them, most are much less enthusiastic about the plain chocolate - think thats more a girl thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    go for the vienese truffles instead - every guy loves them, most are much less enthusiastic about the plain chocolate - think thats more a girl thing
    Hmmm, intriguing. I shall go shopping tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh no, not my blind date! Yuk. Nor the one I was seeing earlier in term - we're still friends but he's not after a relationship. This is another first year, and we've only been together about 2-3 weeks,
    Wow, somebody's been busy!! Makes me realise how boring my life is with nothing to do but revise for finals...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita_xx)
    Wow, somebody's been busy!! Makes me realise how boring my life is with nothing to do but revise for finals...
    Hehe, it's not all good. This term has been...special, for want of a better word. And that's not necessarily a good description!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, it's not all good. This term has been...special, for want of a better word. And that's not necessarily a good description!
    Yeah, I know that feeling - had a bit of a crazy term myself. Oh well, nearly over now, off home for Easter hols tomorrow - yay, 2wks with nothing to do but revise!! Only 7 1/2 weeks to go :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita_xx)
    Yeah, I know that feeling - had a bit of a crazy term myself. Oh well, nearly over now, off home for Easter hols tomorrow - yay, 2wks with nothing to do but revise!! Only 7 1/2 weeks to go :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Eeek! Then you'll be a real doctor! :eek: Wow, that must be so cool.

In the end I compromised both ideas and got a chocolate champagne bottle (with his name on) with champagne truffles. Twas much appreciated, once he'd sobered up! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I'm so happy....my self diagnosed SAD has lifted

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Rock on summer!!

Me too! the last few days have been totally fantastic! Feel fairly 'smiley'. Pity it's had an inverse effect on my work effort!

ReputationRep:
    Eeek! Then you'll be a real doctor! :eek: Wow, that must be so cool.
    In a terrifying way :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I want you do be my registrar!! (You'd have to choose surgery though )
    Ohh dear - sorry, that's never going to happen I have 2 major career options at the moment and neither of them is surgery - in fact, it's the one thing I hate above all else. Sorry to disappoint you

Edit: i don't mean 'my registrar' as in me the consultant (although that would be nice)
    If you end up as a high-flying surgeon and I end up as a GP (which is one of my possible career choices) you, like every other surgeon in the world, will be able to talk down to me as though I was even less than your registrar :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you can't be my registrar, you can at least be my *****
    Cool! We could construct a professional '*****' chain!

ReputationRep:
    Some surgeons are sickeningly arrogant :mad:
    Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Ooh yeah, anytime

What are your major career options? I'm quite liking A&E atm.
    YAY!! Maybe we could still do the whole reg/consultant thing - I want to do either GP or A&E!! Go on, do A&E, you don't wanna be a surgeon - they're all prats :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the BMA MSC conference at Keele this Easter?

fxx

ReputationRep:
    But I'm yo' honey, TOYL baby!

ReputationRep:
    4eva ma *****.

On an entirely related note, does anyone know which neurotransmitters are commonly used in neural networks in the cerebral cortex? I'm thinking the standard ones like glutamate, ACh & GABA - is there a more prevalent one? :confused:
    Just within the cerebral cortex?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, communicating intercalated neurones between the cortical layers. I'm getting confused with all the different receptors each neurones has (e.g. NMDA, AChNMr etc.) and how they all summate / interact with each other when stimulated to form IPSPs and EPSPs.
    I thought that the interconections of the cerebral cortex were mainly GABA with some ACh.

ReputationRep:
    ARGH I can't do this, I really can't. Finals, really really final finals, are in 6 1/2 weeks, I can't even concentrate on reading or making notes, my personal life is falling apart, my academic one is worse....AARGH help

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much TOYL, I needed that. You are a wonderful person :love: Right, off to do a bit more work before bed!

ReputationRep:
    All of them are true.

Right, more work calling - who said it was 'Good' Friday??

ReputationRep:
    False
    True
    True
    False
    False

...and I now think that the 1st and 5th of the nipple discharge questions might be 'false' not 'true'....Dammit! I told you I couldn't do this
    (In my defence, we don't get MCQ's in our finals...)

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, there's not much point bothering with them then Out of interest, why are the last 2 false in the last question?
    I was thinking that too! I thought i'd done dead well too.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.