two left feet?! :eek:
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by j00ni)
Arrrgh, wouldn't be bothering if I thought the 'rents would ever forgive me
Hah, I was never particularly enthused about graduating from my BA but ditto on the parents thing. So as it works out (with our fancy Sheldonian having building work, then finals then elective etc.) I will *touch wood* be graduating twice, with 3 degrees in the space of a few weeks.

So in years to come I hopefully won't look like I've aged at all in the photos between them, muhaha, & it should be an epic few weeks of my birthday - graduation number 1/significant other's parents coming across the atlantic to watch his at the same time/meet my parents :eek: - my college Commem Ball (first once since most of my matric year finished) - graduation as a doctor. Now to do some work so it might happen...

Congratulations - enjoy yours! We get some advance practice in gown wearing/mortar board carrying at least.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm back ****************s.
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
Am very slow - but does this mean Crazy is Renal's other half?
(Original post by Elles)
:eek:
Wot?
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Welcome back.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guess who's back, back again. Renal's back, tell a friend.

How's the old "vision" going? I'm not sure of how much more of this depressing hell I can cope with! I've just realised how little O&G and peads I know!!! Frick, as Elliot would say!

Right! Back to it!
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
How's the old "vision" going? I'm not sure of how much more of this depressing hell I can cope with! I've just realised how little O&G and peads I know!!! Frick, as Elliot would say!
***** McCunt ****!

Dunnonuffink!

Doomed!

(Psychopharm is doing my head in, if I have to explain it to a mock punter I think I'll just resort to "...and there is one minor side effect; being completely ****ed up.")
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
***** McCunt ****!

Dunnonuffink!

Doomed!

(Psychopharm is doing my head in, if I have to explain it to a mock punter I think I'll just resort to "...and there is one minor side effect; being completely ****ed up.")
I wasted pretty much most of yesterday obsessing over how poorly my academic interview went. I've realised now that I do not have a hope in hell of revising everything.

I was talking to a girl from UCL yesterday who mentioned that she was stressed dur to an O&G and derma exam she has in 3 weeks time. I think O&G, paeds, neuro, psych, sexual health, a&E, orthopaedics, rhuematology and dermaholiday in 5 days time followed by 2 OSCES pretty much trumped that well out of the water! SOB!!!!

I also chatted to peeps from GKT and Cambridge, which made me realise just how horridly hardcore our 4th year is in terms of exams!
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I also chatted to peeps from GKT and Cambridge, which made me realise just how horridly hardcore our 4th year is in terms of exams!
Yer but, I was talking to last years VP London about revision and she mentioned that most of her revision was done sitting on the floor of a marquee covered in glitter glue... :s:
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck guys.

Soon it'll all be over
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
Soon it'll all be over
Aye...
Touche
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Explain what depression is and how the drugs work to a punter is a standard 4th year osce question... If you get really stuck I've examined on or taken that exam 3 times in the last 4 years so tis etched into my brain.

Why are my punters not turning up? 3rd no show today I'm trying to kip on the exam couch but some engineering lecturer keeps walking through the lab so I have to pretend I'm not just a lazy bastage and kipping is all part of my cunning research... Got soaked when I went to get a coffee. What a ****ty day!
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was talking to a girl from UCL yesterday who mentioned that she was stressed dur to an O&G and derma exam she has in 3 weeks time. I think O&G, paeds, neuro, psych, sexual health, a&E, orthopaedics, rhuematology and dermaholiday in 5 days time followed by 2 OSCES pretty much trumped that well out of the water! SOB!!!!
Well yes we've already done our paeds, neuro, psych and ortho exams and relevant OSCEs, but it doesn't mean we're not stressed about the stuff that is coming up.
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Wot?
We're just jealous.

Welcome back by the way - it had all gone to pot without you.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
We're just jealous.

Welcome back by the way - it had all gone to pot without you.
I was more using that in the absence of 'juicy gossip response' smilie.

I don't think I could do medic-medic - I am the 'i want to help people' & 'do not eat me if stranded on a dessert island' qualification seeking one in my relationship, ahem. :love:
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)
Well yes we've already done our paeds, neuro, psych and ortho exams and relevant OSCEs, but it doesn't mean we're not stressed about the stuff that is coming up.
So have we! And then we're retested on the lot at the end - tres, tres, tres stressful!!!
Spencer Wells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So have we! And then we're retested on the lot at the end - tres, tres, tres stressful!!!
Oh that really sucks. Poor you. I thought that the idea of finals was that they are exactly that - final.
bright star
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
okay here's me being an idiot but would cefaclor be an appropriate treatment for UTI? do i need a culture first? i'm sure that's something i know but i've forgotten absolutely everything in my pre-OSCE panic.
Spencer Wells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
UTIs are difficult due to resistance? Surely the stock answer is "I would treat appropriately according to local guidelines and resistance patterns." 2 Years ago my answer for UTI (in a non-pregnant woman) would have been trimethoprim off the bat, but now there's 40% resistance in parts of London and so things have changed.
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bright star)
okay here's me being an idiot but would cefaclor be an appropriate treatment for UTI? do i need a culture first? i'm sure that's something i know but i've forgotten absolutely everything in my pre-OSCE panic.
Try not to panic - 2nd year OSCE is honestly not that bad.

The ideal thing to do is obtain a urine specimen and send off for culture and commence empirical anti-microbials which can then be altered based on the culture sensitivities. Cefaclor is a reasonable choice for UTI, especially in pregnancy.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads