The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ooh. It is elite. I feel special.
idiopathic
You mean the one on robots in medicine? Yeh was quite interesting.
Although I'm definitely against the idea of conducting a ward round through a robot - I dont care how busy a consultant is, they should see the patients face-to-face!

Hmm...as someone who can probably count the amount of patients that they have seen in two years of medical school on the fingers of one hand, I kinda like that idea. Would probably cut my degree in half...
Reply 7262
Sweatyness, nausea, belching, epigastric pain and collapse... look at the ECG and DONT refer to surgeons as "abdo pain ?cause" please... you might see the ****ing ischaemic changes.

If someone stabs themselves in the hand, comes in a day later complaining of tingling in the chest and you find power and sensation are normal... DONT refer to ortho as "?nerve damage".

*grumbles*
Reply 7263
Sounds like my other halves dad... He was told he had indigestion (several times over 5 days!!!) - said my "daughter-in-law" is a med student and was wondering about silent MI, could I get one of the EC-whatsits... 5 minutes later, post ECG, they were trying to persuade him to let them call the air ambulance (lives an hours drive from hospital)...
Reply 7264
I've just got round to checking the timetable of our 'essential' lectures this week - what rubbish.
Touche
Sweatyness, nausea, belching, epigastric pain and collapse... look at the ECG and DONT refer to surgeons as "abdo pain ?cause" please... you might see the ****ing ischaemic changes.

*grumbles*

Probably went to the Orthopaedic school of teaching that believes ECGs are generally unimportant. :wink: :biggrin:

I have changed my approach significantly in recent times and am now of the thought it is easier and safer to see all referrals and sort them - even if I think it is hopeless.
Fluffy
Sounds like my other halves dad... He was told he had indigestion (several times over 5 days!!!) - said my "daughter-in-law" is a med student and was wondering about silent MI, could I get one of the EC-whatsits... 5 minutes later, post ECG, they were trying to persuade him to let them call the air ambulance (lives an hours drive from hospital)...

Hope he is OK now.

As a cheeky aside - it wouldn't be classified as a silent MI as he was having pain - just had been misdiagnosed.
Reply 7267
Fluffster, did I miss anything really important in the 'What to Learn in 5th Year' lecture? I skipped and ran out after AF, figured that the previous four 'What to Learn in 5th Year' lectures probably covered everything.
Reply 7268
Not a thing! The guy was nice enough, but no Earth shattering revelations!

Hope tomorrow is better!
Reply 7269
Five ****ing lectures on exactly the same thing and one that was identical to the one we got two months ago. Pile of ****.
Tomorrow will be better! It'll be a half day so I think we should meet in the pub at lunch-time. I need to procrastinate
Reply 7271
But if we got nothing, and went straight into our first firm/SSC/whateva we would have been mega grumbly, so I guess they can't win!
Reply 7272
****ing OSCE results. :mad:
Reply 7273
Renal
****ing OSCE results. :mad:

Eh???? :confused:
Reply 7274
Oh! I get it now! ****e! I got 10/10 for 4 stations!! My failed station was depression, as predicted! Ironic really, given the number of MSEs I did on students last year!
Reply 7275
Marks out of 10? That sounds reasonable - we have marks out of 4 per station as the norm. There was some long winded explanation about how reliable/valid etc etc that is as a scheme.
But sometimes you're just like... what's the real difference between 1 mark = clear pass v. good pass? & when a specialty rotation just has one station - 25% for what could have been a tiny difference?!
Oh well - im officially a failure.
Reply 7277
I failed by .3 on the upper limb with the actor who forgot what he was supposed to be faking. What another pile of ****. I'm so glad I'm back... :mad:
Reply 7278
Fluffy
I'll post why I'm kicking myself after they are all over, I'm guessing discussing active OSCE stations on an internet forum will be frowed upon, and even Dr P knows I'm Fluffy:redface: :redface: :redface: !!!!

As Welfare Officer, with some of the cases I've been involved with this year, it's frickin' ironic really!!! Bluurrrgghhhhhhh!

I REALLY want wine*, but have part 2 at 8.30am tomorrow...

*not a healthy stress response, but heh! I like it.

So, all in all, I was right! :s-smilie: :p: My only saving grace is that nearly 40% of the year failed that, and the depressed students I've been involved with all got help! Worth more than a stupid crying actress :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 7279
fairy spangles
Oh well - im officially a failure.

**** hun. What happens now?

Latest

Trending

Trending