Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I need valium for not going back - if u lost it then you wouldnt know where you would be without it.

<hugs>

ReputationRep:
    I need valium for not going back - if u lost it then you wouldnt know where you would be without it.
    Mmm an unplanned gap year would suck... but then I could go to a nice uni and study something new and more interesting. :erm:

you do get to go back though, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Mmm an unplanned gap year would suck... but then I could go to a nice uni and study something new and more interesting. :erm:

you do get to go back though, right?

Dont know yet.
    Im bieng really depressive on here really but its true.

ReputationRep:
    Tropical storm gustav has ****ed up jamaican hospitals big time.

And they shops are closed. I'm starving!

ReputationRep:
    Dont know yet.
    Im bieng really depressive on here really but its true.
    when you appeal, you should tell your med school everything (having just read some of another thread, you apparently haven't). :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Touche)
    Oh hell yeah, got paid craploads more than expected That exiting enough for you Saffie? :P
    Can I have some?

I like Medicine, but I can't remember why. SSCs have destroyed my brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    when you appeal, you should tell your med school everything (having just read some of another thread, you apparently haven't). :hugs:
    Hey Saffie i know your right and at some point in the near future im going to have to tell them everything - and to be honest what ive written on here isnt the half of it and im so frightened of telling them.

ReputationRep:
    First up, nice new avatar Saffie. Don't know how long you've had it but I've been away.

Second, on a massive change of subject, today I walked into the University of California, San Francisco's Medical School and got the paperwork to organise an elective placement in anaesthetics/ITU. I know its a little premature (Feb 2010) but if I want to do this at SF General then the pecking order goes in-house students, other US students, internationals so I need to have my form on the top of the pile to grab the last two or three untaken spots. Plus I happened to be wondering San Francisco today. Anyone got any experience or advice on this?

ReputationRep:
    It's not premature hun. Get on to it! A lot of deadlines for your year to do elective abroad will be in the next 6 months... I'm off to Sydney (fingers crossed that it doesn't all go Pete Tong and fall through!), and their deadline for our 5th year was before the fricking medical school actually confirmed our dates (as we're other places in Oz, NZ, Canada and the US)...

ReputationRep:
    thanks AEH, I haven't had it very long at all. Your holiday sounds muchos fun.

Hey Saffie i know your right and at some point in the near future im going to have to tell them everything - and to be honest what ive written on here isnt the half of it and im so frightened of telling them.
    oh dear, well they'll be more likely to help you if they know, and I suppose you should try to explain why you didn't tell them at the time. I'm sure they've heard it all before.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, makes me feel a little less over-enthusiastic. Turns out San Francisco's unis are even more complicated than London's. Not only do they have the University of California with colleges at SF and Berkeley nearby, then there's Stanford plus State University, California, San Francisco City University and the University of San Francisco. All completely different institutions within a few blocks of each other using the same words in different orders. Someone didn't think this through.

Would be an ace elective though. Bit of funky medicine in a nice city. followed by a trip up to Yosemite again to finish a few jobs I started this week. Don't want to come back to miserable London (Well, I kinda do. A little bit).

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good mate, good planning ahead of time.

Shame you're back, but on the upside, you get to see me again.

ReputationRep:
    Teehee. I passed. 2nd year medic! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theredsox)
    Congratulations.

:party:

Have a great holiday before the new term starts. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well done sox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    It's not premature hun. Get on to it! A lot of deadlines for your year to do elective abroad will be in the next 6 months... I'm off to Sydney (fingers crossed that it doesn't all go Pete Tong and fall through!), and their deadline for our 5th year was before the fricking medical school actually confirmed our dates (as we're other places in Oz, NZ, Canada and the US)...
    Never trust Australian hospitals because they drop off the end of the earth and you end up doing your elective in North London :mad:

....Not that I am at all bitter :p:

Teehee. I passed. 2nd year medic!:cool:
    :woo: Congrats

:party:

ReputationRep:
    Well done hon! BSc now?

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

I told you you'd be alright .

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Yay! Well done
    Hope Gustav is staying clear. :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.