TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
I have no idea - i was told it was sorted maybe im making a song and dance about this letter!! All i know is that for now im stuck in my crappy shop job cause even the NHS doesnt want to employ me at the minute.
Why won't the NHS employ you
belis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All i know is that for now im stuck in my crappy shop job cause even the NHS doesnt want to employ me at the minute.
Don't give up. If you have been using NHS jobs website to apply for jobs I would advice you to go directly to sites of the trusts you are intrested in and try from there. You may also try NHS Professionals. They always crying out loud for HCAs but not sure if you would be intrested in that.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm back!

Got signed off in the middle of a crash call. :s: But commended.
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
NZ Elective, yes? When and where? I'm pondering finalizing my second half and now reality is more looming the whole doing my own thing rather than pairing up with a travel buddy then organizing the whole thing together is a bit more scary :o: So spreading tentacles for other electivees in the same country...
Yes, I'll PM you.
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Woo locum pay this weekend
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
I'm back!

Got signed off in the middle of a crash call. :s: But commended.
Congrats!

I got an A for my SSM

How did you fair with '*******' - oops, I mean ranking? I've got a ranking, which I think is unfair (assumming those of us with academic jobs are 1st quartile), as it means about 10 people who should have 1st quartile have 2nd...
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I've got a ranking, which I think is unfair (assumming those of us with academic jobs are 1st quartile), as it means about 10 people who should have 1st quartile have 2nd...
that's a really good point that I hadn't thought about.
AEH
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sweet work Fluffy (On academic job, SSM and general smart-arsery). I hope your noting all this down for when your my F2 and I'm having a new-doctor-*******. Given how many of my friends now seem to be working together, something like that will probably happen. Or it could just be that I know most junior and student medics in North East London.
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
How did you fair with '*******' - oops, I mean ranking? I've got a ranking, which I think is unfair (assumming those of us with academic jobs are 1st quartile), as it means about 10 people who should have 1st quartile have 2nd...
Didn't fair well.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've basically had three days off.. timetabled or not ha... and i haven't actually done any work since i've been back...

Oh and I took my first proper patient history today.. and managed to stay on the ward for a total 20 mins. The nurses really didn't want me there though.
belis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The nurses really didn't want me there though.
Bake them a cake, bring some chocolates. You can't expect to be welcomed when you are coming empty handed.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Didn't fair well.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
Ah hah, our rankings being rather slow to come out is because people who are accepting academic jobs are being excluded apparently.
Anecdotally I'm not sure it'll make a huge difference here though - people I know with academic jobs weren't expecting to be in the 1st, hence some tactical applications!
Indeed - I know someone with an academic job who was 4th quartile. He does have a PhD though, which probably helps.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We just got our rankings through. Happy, but I still think that its stupid that we got our ranking after third year.

Back to the UK in less than 24 hours
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We get ours when term starts again in November. I am quite anxious about it
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anyone know when I get mine? hmmmm
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
BSc ranking any time now (we got ours during week 1 of ICS1), UKFO in 5th year...
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Which pre-fresher bumped this onto the second page with a **** thread? :mad:
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Which pre-fresher bumped this onto the second page with a **** thread? :mad:
The difficulty with this mystery is there are far too many suspects. :hmmm:
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ack, it happened again. Bloody applicants.

I have a cold. Ming.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads