Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    hello folks, i feel like it's been ages since i've been on here!! i'm not actually at med school at the moment, i feel like a bit of a fraud but meh. having some time off and enjoying it quite a lot more than i should i think!!
    You haven't started yet?! I've been back 8 weeks! 8 weeks, I tell you!

Welcome back though! Where have you been?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Welcome back :p: Hows everything going?
    i'm good thanks. i'm taking this year out and working. how's medical school treating you??
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    You haven't started yet?! I've been back 8 weeks! 8 weeks, I tell you!

Welcome back though! Where have you been?
    oh lol no. i did go back about 2 months ago too but erm yeah..... i've just got a broken laptop. my housemate lets me use hers but i'm a bit too embarrassed to share the extent of my tsr addiction with her....

ReputationRep:
    oh lol no. i did go back about 2 months ago too but erm yeah..... i've just got a broken laptop. my housemate lets me use hers but i'm a bit too embarrassed to share the extent of my tsr addiction with her....
    :laugh: You can't be too addicted if you've managed to stay away all that while! :p:

Oh right, I see. Sorry, I get a little bit jealous when people tell me they've only just (re)started their course :o:

Where have you been working? Enjoying the break?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i'm really enjoying the break!!! like way more than i should. going back is gonna be hard.... i'm still working at my coffee shop, saving up my pennies. i'm having the whole year off to save some money and generally get my head together. how's third year going??

ReputationRep:
    i'm good thanks. i'm taking this year out and working. how's medical school treating you??
    Just starting to get into a routine, thanks for asking

Its been different to what I expected in some respects, but life is treating me wonderfully.

ReputationRep:
    i'm really enjoying the break!!! like way more than i should. going back is gonna be hard.... i'm still working at my coffee shop, saving up my pennies. i'm having the whole year off to save some money and generally get my head together. how's third year going??
    Hah, that's great. Glad you're having a good time!
    You'll probably really want to go back by September though :ninja: Working full-time, I assume?

It's crazy, but quite good actually. I'm on my last week of my first block - Rheumatology and Orthopaedics. Rheuma at the moment, and it's improved this week, though I'm now convinced I have temporal arteritis :p: Orthopaedics was excellent, loved every minute of it. Got to assist in surgeries too, so all in all, it's been pretty exciting
    Lecture week next week. Probably will be really boring, but at least I'll have some lie-ins!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well that was comedy. I managed to needlestick myself in the ABG station, plus a whole range of other stupid mistakes because I was under pressure and being watched. I know that's the nature of the exams, but I KNOW I can do those skills competently, so having remedial teaching for loads of them is just a bit depressing.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty rubbish, boo remedial teaching. Good luck next time though.

ReputationRep:
    Medical Science it sall @Bristol he he..

ReputationRep:
    People keep trying to bleep me whilst I'm on holiday. Obviously I'm not going to answer but it does leave me curious as to who it is and what they want!

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who wants to answer: What's your weirdest medical related experience during medical school or afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    People keep trying to bleep me whilst I'm on holiday. Obviously I'm not going to answer but it does leave me curious as to who it is and what they want!
    I do know someone who had to remove the batteries from their bleep because they got every crash call at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polymorphing)
    To anyone who wants to answer: What's your weirdest medical related experience during medical school or afterwards?
    Why don't you try a new topic.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here do a physiology (or, indeed, any other) intercalation? Did you feel it was worth taking the year out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Did anyone here do a physiology (or, indeed, any other) intercalation? Did you feel it was worth taking the year out?
    Yes and yes (though I didn't have any choice whether I took a year out, I'm on a 6 year course). Physiology is wonderfully rounded, and there was plenty of opportunity to get clinically relevant material in there.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a good online radiology resource? I'm looking for CXRs with some explanations. I've looked at plenty of tutorials, but want something which is clinical scenario based, and not just a few teaching images. Something free would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I used the Xray 2000 website in my 3rd year. Chest XRays Made Easy is also good (but is a book).

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, I just found http://www.mypacs.net . It seems pretty nifty.

ReputationRep:
    The one patient I've been specifically assigned to present is the only one that's died on my ward since I've been there. I didnt even get a full history from her cause she was too ill.

And the two patients I tried to take histories from today- one was too deaf and confused and the other was just patently lying to me. :rolleyes: I need to find a nice helpful patient :argh:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.