Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The tubes are really baggy around the needle... I have no idea how they are supposed to lower infection rates... Surely the damage they do on the way in makes up for them not having the side port..???

ReputationRep:
    The straighter you keep the needle, the easier they go in...

If you bend the needle up a little (which most people do naturally) they don't go in smoothly. j00 gotta practice with em...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Do you have finalists with you, Saf? If so, get them to do some bed side stuff with you. I'm doin g a fair bit with the 3rd year on our firm and it's really useful for both of us - if I can explain things to her then I hopefully know some medicine (??!!?), and it's always good to practice examinations, and teaching someone else is a really good way of doing so.

xxx
    Theres no fifth years on my ward, though Renal's now on the next ward.

I dont really seem to have much 'free' time at the moment though. I'm meant to be places almost all the time, even though I dont learn much from them... But I get told off if I ever miss any.

My original consultant is back with a vengeance, nothing I do or say is ever good enough. Even if I answer a question right, he'll often tell me I'm wrong and then explain it in paraphrase. I'm actually useless at taking bloods/ABGs. But worst of all, all the patients are incredibly ill.

ReputationRep:
    This is what happens when you forget to reset your search bar to wikipedia from youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxJJ2DBPiQ

ReputationRep:
    Bindun!

ReputationRep:
    Work is piling up already

ReputationRep:
    I'm a goddamn finalist, why am I doing a til 2 bar shift? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    This is what happens when you forget to reset your search bar to wikipedia from youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxJJ2DBPiQ
    I'm LOVING the Laryngospams at the mo!

This makes me giggle muchley (cleary not as good as the Carpenters version though :p: :p: :p: :o: )

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WOrjcLJ2IE0

This is tittlesome too: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kP2OuZ_vI_s

The videos aren't all that, but they lyrics are fab!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely convinced that they can sing...

ReputationRep:
    Hello people - having been unable to access my account for ages, and then kinda forgot about it, it works! (How sad am I discovering this on a Saturday night)

ReputationRep:
    Jesbus H Corbett, Joy Abbott. I take it you're a house officer of some flavour these days? SHO at least by my maths.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling old

Qualified in 2006

Now a CT1 in anaesthetics. Have stayed in Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I remember you posting when I was an applicant. Both times. A while back now I believe. Good show on Anaesthetics, nice little specialty there. In case you didn't realise, this is Ant under a different name, if you remember him/me/a person with confused pronouns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    I'm feeling old

Qualified in 2006

Now a CT1 in anaesthetics. Have stayed in Nottingham
    Hey Joy hows things? I remember when you were doing your BMedSci project. How time flies!

ReputationRep:
    Nephrology this week... much more interesting than oncology .

ReputationRep:
    immunology next week !

ReputationRep:
    I have my last week on the resp ward.. and I'm pretty ready to move on. I need to start my SSM but I have no idea what to write about?!! (once I've chosen the condition and have a history)

I think its likely that my consultant is going to be unhappy with the amount I've done and refuse to give me a grade for the firm, and if he does it'll probably be a bad one!

ReputationRep:
    *Is quite enjoying doing LPs*

ReputationRep:
    See my first patient in a year and a half tomorrow :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    See my first patient in a year and a half tomorrow :eek:
    Unlucky.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.