TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Am exhausted - what a weekend. Stupid ward cover!

Bleep today:
Me: "Hello its the cover HO"
Nurse: "erm can you come and see my patient"
Me: "what is wrong with them?"
Nurse: "he is complaining about the flies on the ward"
Me: "and... does he have any medical problem?"
Nurse: "no"
Me: "I'm afraid I have some slightly more important things to do involving patients who have actual problems!"

FFS!
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why is the weekend after one 'outfirm' like a nice holiday, which is then cruely snatched away by the prospect of starting another tomorrow? Boooo! Just repacked all my bags again! I don't want to go!!!
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't wanna get up at 6:30 anymoreeee. Vascular surgery is *****. I retrospectively love respiratory medicine. I have to do a stupid PBL now and I wanna sleep. Why do I always leave stuff til the last minute
mrs_bellamy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't believe how quickly this term is going! Half way through the last PBL case, then 3 weeks of formative SSC, then home. Everyones started stressing about houses for next year, lots of unnecessary drama. Got first clinical skills competency on thursday, BP, BLS and pregnant abdomen. I need more practice.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mrs_bellamy)
I can't believe how quickly this term is going! Half way through the last PBL case, then 3 weeks of formative SSC, then home. Everyones started stressing about houses for next year, lots of unnecessary drama. Got first clinical skills competency on thursday, BP, BLS and pregnant abdomen. I need more practice.
I can't believe how quickly this night is going. I'm 600 words into a essay crisis. Although I am finding this disturbingly interesting .
We haven't done BLS or abdo touching up yet :p: , although we do start dissection and eventually spotter tests. No-ones really that bothered about houses so far, I think generally people decide about jan/feb ish here, although people are worried about higher rent/costs due to credit crunchiness. I'm definatly finding life more expensive nowadays (and not just inflation on the drinkies budget)....So far I can do BP and hand washing. :woo:
There is a nasty rumour though that we somehow have formatives both janurary and feburary...
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah well, as long they're formatives you'll be alright.

We had a formative exam last week. With - literally - no sleep and no revision, I still passed so it's all good.

And now I must begin my PBL :p:. I suspect I'm really going to hate this block of reproductive and child health...
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having finished my really awful elective poster I now have to find someone to print it
j00ni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
day off + xbox + empty flat + tea = bliss
Wangers
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ended up only seriously cracking on with that essay at about 2am. Finished just before 9 in time for breakfast. First two lectures were cancelled this morning :woo: , this is valuable nap time.

Now I just have to sign my life away on the plagiarism form and everyones a winner :yep:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol, sounds like a typical day in the life of a med student.

I need to finish off my PBL now...
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My new favourite phrase "human fridge" = donor in the making.
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol i like it renal I've just spent a few hours in the library trying to get some coursework done on the defensive mechanisms of the upper resp. tract. I know the stuff just not how to make it look decent on paper now to start my PBL on the brain ugh.
Wangers
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heard a UKIPPer debate yesterday - it was quite entertaining actually, short of the BNF, I doubt anyone else has such developed opinions.

On the downside, 4 hours of straight lectures this afternoon, I'd rank that as 50 crisis points. And to top it all off - my heating is broken.

BUT theres balls + making merry coming up soon :woo:
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah yes. My last ever RUMS winter ball (and won't be going to Summer, due to finals, but will be going to finalists).
Wangers
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spencer Wells)
Ah yes. My last ever RUMS winter ball (and won't be going to Summer, due to finals, but will be going to finalists).
Is the winter one worth it? My year seem quite reluctant to go/heading toward destitution and I don't really want to be the only fresher
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cracked chest in resus!
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
Heard a UKIPPer debate yesterday - it was quite entertaining actually, short of the BNF, I doubt anyone else has such developed opinions.
Someone has medicine on the mind...:P
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
Is the winter one worth it? My year seem quite reluctant to go/heading toward destitution and I don't really want to be the only fresher
I've always enjoyed the Christmas balls. It's not exactly far away, and it's an excellent venue.
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Cracked chest in resus!
= dead patient in resus. :p:
Renal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
= dead patient in resus. :p:
Dead when she came in, now she's dead and a ******* mess.

(Not that being completely run over by a truck didn't mess her up a little bit)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise