:party: first OSCE of year 3 over and done with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate0904)
    :party: first OSCE of year 3 over and done with
    Great news how'd it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Great news how'd it go?
    I really enjoyed it and think it went well - out of 6 stations, i'm pretty confident i did well on 5 of them - the one i'm not so sure about is the comm skills one, never my best stations!

ReputationRep:
    I was very disturbed when I found out the average mark for my I&D formative was 86%, 70s being in the 20th centile. Christ.

Then I found that last years paper (which was essentially identical) was available online. Supposedly.

Actually learn the stuff, or just cram the answers next time :mad: **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    It's better to learn than to cram. Cramming is only useful in the short term... and you're better off thinking long term in this instance.

I never revise for formatives. That way I get an accurate idea of where I am and how much I know without the benefits of revision.

ReputationRep:
    Ha. Its not that - I did learn the stuff, and got 70 - which IMO, while it could be improved, isn't bad by any objective stretch of the imagination. I just fail to see the point in essentially memorising a past paper for a formative, well memorising a paper full stop kinda misses the point really....Screw this uber competitiveness. It just isn't ******* necessary, everyone is bright, you have nothing to prove.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    everyone is bright, you have nothing to prove.
    Try telling that to the MTAS people who decided that you'd get points based on your quartile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spencer Wells)
    Try telling that to the MTAS people who decided that you'd get points based on your quartile.
    Thats different. At least they're based on summatives. People are thinking about BScs already , apparently our 1st year marks count....

ReputationRep:
    If you had just listened to a talk about an elective at the centre for infections (HPA) covering things like the role of a public health doctor, rabies risks, oubreak investigations etc what sort of questions would you ask
    What am I doing here? And why they spent so much money saving a cat who may have had anthrax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    People are thinking about BScs already , apparently our 1st year marks count....
    Yup.

On an entirely different note; why is it that all candidate's UCAS forms are the same? If I see "combining science with working caring" or variations on that theme one more time, I'll pop.

ReputationRep:
    Most medical applicants choose medicine for that reason :p:. Just because it's a cliché doesn't make it any less true or valid a reason to study this subject .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spencer Wells)
    Yup.

On an entirely different note; why is it that all candidate's UCAS forms are the same? If I see "combining science with working caring" or variations on that theme one more time, I'll pop.
    Meh. Bugger,
    On another note, we had quite an interesting discussion about motivation for medicine - people are finding things starting to get quite hard going....

ReputationRep:
    Urgh ive started revising.
    Stupid exam, stupid gap year, stupid getting made redundant from both my jobs at the same time!! I think i may have now covered the whole stupidness that is my life and medicine now.

Hhe for UCAS forms i found my personal statment the other day and cringed, spencer wells i can guarentee you that mine said nothing like that at all and i sound like a mean ***** to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can find any information about how competitive it is to get into a paediatric training program?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can find any information about how competitive it is to get into a paediatric training program?
    Maybe this will help:
    http://www.mmc.nhs.uk/default.aspx?page=477

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reckon I can make six foot in two hours? I'm about 5' 11.75".

Always hoped I'd be six foot by the time I reached 21 :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Okay what you want to do is develop some oedema in your ankles and then massage it all down to the sole of your foot.

Like wearing trainers with one of those shock absorbing air bubbles in the heel.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, it's a temporary solution at best!

It's too late now, anyway.

I'm already 21 :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Hahahaha, it's a temporary solution at best!

It's too late now, anyway.

I'm already 21 :p:.
    :woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, awww, thanks Mrs. Bellamy . Much appreciated! :woo: :afraid: :excited: :party:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.