The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8800
Good show Visesh, I've not seen any transplant work, I'm awful jealous. Hope you have a good one and the patient gets through happy.
Sarky
Because some of us were born and brought up there. Some of our families and our partners are there. It's not all chasing the london dream. I couldn't care less about how prestigious it apparently is. All I want to do is move closer to London so I can be close to my grandmother as she gets older and be closer to my partner.

quite. I've long since realised that teaching hospitals may have great audit type opportunities, but are quite sucky places to work.
Rather the spirit of a nice DGH.
Reply 8802
Jamie
quite. I've long since realised that teaching hospitals may have great audit type opportunities, but are quite sucky places to work.
Rather the spirit of a nice DGH.

I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to do placements at DGH's because until I did I was convinced that teaching hospitals were the only place worth being. My best placement I had was in a DGH and it was so much more friendly and less back biting. Maybe thats just my experience but I felt swamped in the teaching hospital.

If i lived in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, I would want to live there. If anything, I'm pissed off that I happen to be from London.
Reply 8803
I agree with you generally, been placed at two fantastic DGHs (Where you say hello to the League of Friends tealady on the way in and the person on the desk at Path knows you by name) but then I've also been to one which was a little League of Gentlemen in its small community tightness.
Saffie
I'm confused.. why is everyone so desperate to work in London, when they didnt even study there?

You'll get to London and you won't be impressed. My F1 is going back up north the first chance he gets. And most of my friends at barts are leaving London first opportunity they get-myself included.

Most of the people I know who have applied to ST have done so because they want to stay as close to Brighton as they can, mostly due to partners being there :smile:
Reply 8805
AEH
I agree with you generally, been placed at two fantastic DGHs (Where you say hello to the League of Friends tealady on the way in and the person on the desk at Path knows you by name) but then I've also been to one which was a little League of Gentlemen in its small community tightness.

I have to say, it was the league of friends ladies that did it for me too. Those damn currant buns :o:
Reply 8806
Muse
Is anyone else really worried about the foundation programme allocations? I've applied for STFS and it seems like the world and his dog want to go there as well. I've got a horrible feeling everyone's neglecting NETFS and the competitions stats for south and north London will be through the roof. About 100 people from Bristol have also applied to London, which is about 30x more than last year!!

There are just over 150 too many applicants for jobs in NETFS... That could, in theory, represent half of our year... :frown:

My (incredibly bright) best friend here applied to NET the East Anglia - which is apparently also very over subscribed. She's having kittens by the lorry load...
Reply 8807
Saffie
woop I did well in the progress testing.

Me too - very comfotably in the top quartile! Whoop! Makes me feel less scared about finals, and a little better placed to enjoy my last Christmas of freedom, ever! :yep: :yep:
Reply 8808
AEH
Where you say hello to the League of Friends tealady on the way in and the person on the desk at Path knows you by name but then I've also been to one which was a little League of Gentlemen in its small community tightness.

OK - The first is obvious! Although they last guilted me into buying a dusty book... :yep: Where is the second?
Reply 8809
Fluffy
Me too - very comfotably in the top quartile! Whoop! Makes me feel less scared about finals, and a little better placed to enjoy my last Christmas of freedom, ever! :yep: :yep:
:five: Even i'll do finals now... as long as its all multiple choice of course :wink:

I miss firms :sad: I need to do an SSM...anyone wanna do it for me??
Never have internets with Sky. My broadband connection is down. Won't be online until after new years.

Not that I've had much time to be online. Been working, it really is funny how differently people treat you as a HCA and then as a medical student. Being on the wards with nice nurses that teach you things is really uber amazing.

Have a great Christmas and new years folks.
visesh
Hmm, I've been called up for a transplant thingy tonight. I wasn't even on the rota. Odd, but ******* awesome!

Are you still in theatre? :colone:

I think transplant rota's a great opportunity, and the money's nice, I just find the all-night retraction sessions a bit wearing.
Reply 8812
Helenia
Are you still in theatre? :colone:

I think transplant rota's a great opportunity, and the money's nice, I just find the all-night retraction sessions a bit wearing.

I just got back. It was nice.
Reply 8813
Fluffy
I can't seem to find anything except the % correct. :confused:
Reply 8814
read your emails ^
(or tell us your % :p: )
Reply 8815
I've found it.

Comfortably second quartile, for what it's worth.
Reply 8816
Seems Dave's narked at work...
Reply 8817
Fluffy
There are just over 150 too many applicants for jobs in NETFS...

How do you know that??(!)

Btw does anyone know a good method (or online resource) for examining dermatomes (ie which points to assess down the arm/leg) - everyone seems to do it different ways; for instance, do you test behind the knee/posterior leg to assess S2?
Reply 8819
Mg 0.32, Ca 1.54, K 2.0
Just what you want at 5pm especially when the reg says 'you'll sort that won't you dave' as he leaves

Latest

Trending

Trending