Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had to take a patient down for a scan today because there were no nurses that could go down and no porters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muse)
    How do you know that??(!)

Btw does anyone know a good method (or online resource) for examining dermatomes (ie which points to assess down the arm/leg) - everyone seems to do it different ways; for instance, do you test behind the knee/posterior leg to assess S2?
    Independently from two people horizontally marking separate questions for NET

As for dermatomes, I've always done about a hands width above the back of the knee for S2 - so long as you are somewhere in the midline from achilles to about 5cm below the arseline, you should be right...

Would love to know if the 1:1 NWTFS rumour is true...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Would love to know if the 1:1 NWTFS rumour is true...
    The 1:1 rumour? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    The 1:1 rumour? :confused:
    The one I heard was that so many people panicked after last year's disaster in NWTFS that very few outsiders applied there, so there's roughly 1:1 applicantslaces this year. Swings and roundabouts.

My Mum has made a "healthy" cake for the diabetics in the family. It is made with low fat marge and some crappy fake sugar stuff. She has just now made me decorate it with about a tonne of crystallised fruit, stuck on with apricot jam. :rolleyes: Besides, I know my Dad will have some of the healthy one, and then decide he needs to try the real one (which I've just marzipanned and will be icing later) anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    My Mum has made a "healthy" cake for the diabetics in the family. It is made with low fat marge and some crappy fake sugar stuff. She has just now made me decorate it with about a tonne of crystallised fruit, stuck on with apricot jam. :rolleyes: Besides, I know my Dad will have some of the healthy one, and then decide he needs to try the real one (which I've just marzipanned and will be icing later) anyway.
    I've bought sugar-free cakes before, and they were actually pretty good and I couldn't really tell the difference. Never tried making one though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    The one I heard was that so many people panicked after last year's disaster in NWTFS that very few outsiders applied there, so there's roughly 1:1 applicantslaces this year. Swings and roundabouts.
    oooh. i like that rumour! but then it'd probably swing the other way when i apply next year! was thinking about north east thames or south thames, but i can't believe they're so oversubscribed this year! arghhhh

ReputationRep:
    Stupid rumour mill, its like applying to medschool all over again, I may as well put money on cards. Of course, before then I have to think about what I want before I have a good whinge about not being able to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Mg 0.32, Ca 1.54, K 2.0
    Just what you want at 5pm especially when the reg says 'you'll sort that won't you dave' as he leaves
    Sucks

My reg let me go home at 2pm today

(I'm a loser though, and stayed til 4:30 doing Rx chart rewrites and ward jobs for the other gastro team's F1)

ReputationRep:
    Happy Christmas!!!

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas, everyone! :party: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas all x

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas all, my thoughts are with those working today.

ReputationRep:
    Here here, to every F1 spending their first Christmas on the wards and the patients unfortunate enough to be stuck there with them.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i'm stuck on the wards...have already bled people from their feet and spoken to concerned relatives about patients i hardly know. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Merry Christmas all, my thoughts are with those working today.
    how about 9-9 tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for Dave and DrPickles. Hope you get some relaxation time at some point!

ReputationRep:
    Crud, i think i've got a LRTI, spent all yesterday in bed hacking away. Today I get SOB walking less than 20m, bringing up lots of mucoprurulent sputum and have an audible wheeze.

Still waiting to get a ring back from the OOH GP, because there is no way I'm going into work tail between my legs, no matter how ill i feel

woe is me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j00ni)
    Crud, i think i've got a LRTI, spent all yesterday in bed hacking away. Today I get SOB walking less than 20m, bringing up lots of mucoprurulent sputum and have an audible wheeze.

:santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: dude, sounds like me.

ReputationRep:
    gave in and went to primary care, got some shiney amox, eryth and pred

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.