Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    in which conditions it's best to go for non closure of the abdomen after laparotomy? What the wound is specifically called and how it eventually heals?
    Secondary intention? The wound is left open and the edges will eventualy come together over a period of a couple of weeks by the granulation process.

I have seen a woun left like this after dehiscence. It was such a mess that there was nowhere to put sutures in. It healed quite nicely over a month or so.

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

I can't believe that I'm the first to surface on this fine January morn... Ahem, afternoon!

~Renal et Crazy - tried texting both of you last night, but neither message would send. Are you on the same network, or have you given up mobile connectivity for New Year? Anyway - hope it's a good un!

We brought WiiFit in order to try to motivate some kind of health kick - back fired though. BMI of 22 (thought it would be much more than that - looks like 2 months of killer non-ward based firms and blinking tower blocks has worked wonders!) and my WiiFit age is 29 (Whoop!)! Looks like I can pig out and age this year! I'm guessing come March I'll have a BMI of 30, have aged 10 years and be in deep depression!

Anyway! Hope all is well with all!

Fluffles
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Happy new year!

I made it to midnight this year :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Happy new year!

I made it to midnight this year :proud:
    I didn't
    First time in a long time that i wasn't awake for it!

Happy New Year everyone :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate0904)
    I didn't
    First time in a long time that i wasn't awake for it!

Happy New Year everyone :party:
    I don't remember it really... but at least I wasn't passed out somewhere.
    I consider this a good omen

Are you gonna be lazy this year then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Are you gonna be lazy this year then? :p:
    Probably! Good intentions seem to fly out of the window very fast at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    I got your text Fluffy, sorry I didn't text back but I'm transiting toward London today. Anyone got some 4th yr RLH Neuro advice worth sharing btw?

Happy New Year love to everyone x

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to 2009 .

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year guys! Just think, this time next year a scary number of us will be doctors. :eek:

I had a great party last night, but getting up at 9 to catch the train back to the bf's parents for lunch was NOT fun.

ReputationRep:
    I have 80 references for my 2600 word SSM, is that too many?

Originally I was meant to have a patient history at the start.... I don't as yet and don't think it'd really add anything to it... so can I just leave it out?

And do I have to print it with double line spacing or anything?

Thanks..x

p.s. I hate referencing

ReputationRep:
    No - so long as they are not references for the sake of references...

When I did SSM3a, mine was marked by Prof Kumar, who limited us to 20 references - I think I had near on 40, but justified them in my viva so still got an A. I've never used so few references in my life, but it does make you think more abnout what you're writing and the relative weighting of the information you are referencing.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyre is a legend.

I just tried onexamination.com 'all specialties' and didn't do very well.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EdmiOhpqlLI

"I can name all the cytokines in carcinoid..." - erm, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muse)
    I just tried onexamination.com 'all specialties' and didn't do very well.
    I feel a bit better for being able to selectively pick & exclude: Obs & Gynae, bulk of the sexual health/GUM, Paeds, Psychiatry & Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    I feel a bit better for being able to selectively pick & exclude: Obs & Gynae, bulk of the sexual health/GUM, Paeds, Psychiatry & Psychology.
    It's all right Elles - psychiatry is all made up anyway.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=769189

Good luck in your finals. Sure you will all be great.

ReputationRep:
    Random question.

I think that Amateur transplants have a second album and I have been trying to find it but I can't any suggestions where I could buy it from?

Another random question is Renal where is the quote in your sig from is that one of their songs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Random question.

I think that Amateur transplants have a second album and I have been trying to find it but I can't any suggestions where I could buy it from?
    http://psycho.co.uk/amateur/shop.html

ReputationRep:
    Random question.
    Surely that should be Randdom question... :yep::yep::yep:

ReputationRep:
    Random question.

Another random question is Renal where is the quote in your sig from is that one of their songs?
    Anyone know if the second album's any good? Am wondering if I should get it... (I bought the first album and there were a few songs I liked but also quite a few songs I didn't like... )

ReputationRep:
    The second album is basically their live show (and their DVD) in audio format, with an extra song or two added for good measure. They are pretty good, but mostly quite short 'snippets'.

The paracetamoxifrusebendromycin lanyards are awesome though.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.