Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Could someone please enlighten me as to why Hardy Weinberg equilibrium is useful? I understand how recessive alleles, and therefore all alleles would be in constant proportions, but how is that useful in application.

Cheers.
    In theory, you can use the Hardy-Weinberg principle to calculate the frequency of a disease-causing allele in a population to be from the disease incidence. It's used more in epidemiology (especially when looking at inter-population variability) and rarely in genetic counselling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Its about time everyone got back to tabland. Start cycling to warm the ******* place up! Although its not as bad as last week. :yep::p:
    We're already in Cambridge. :p: And I saw him this morning so he clearly didn't die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    We're already in Cambridge. :p: And I saw him this morning so he clearly didn't die.
    Watch out Visesh - you have a stalker! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not back yet.
    (Last Christmas vacation as an undergraduate! Next year...)

Am both looking forward to and dreading clinicals...

ReputationRep:
    One PBL and one session of clinical skills later, and it feels like I never left...

:getmecoat:

Fortunately, we're doing a bit of orthopaedics, so it's all good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't used to find comms skills so thoroughly unpleasant as I did today.

ReputationRep:
    Why, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    I banged my head an apparently I have a mild concussion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Why, what happened?
    It was a long day, I feel under the weather, it was breaking bad news so it was quite intense, some people were frustratingly crap, the lectures were crap, usual ****...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    It was a long day, I feel under the weather, it was breaking bad news so it was quite intense, some people were frustratingly crap, the lectures were crap, usual ****...
    :console: Ah man, sounds like a day you're pleased to see the back of!

Just get yourself a nice cup of tea and have a relaxing evening in. Perhaps even a warm shower for added relaxation . Following some gentle de-stressing techniques, get an early night and you'll be all sorted for tomorrow :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I banged my head an apparently I have a mild concussion
    ouch! :hugs: hope it settles soon!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes I am. I obviously didn't decide to post on TSR while still struggling to breathe:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Yes, yes I am. I obviously didn't decide to post on TSR while still struggling to breathe:P
    Stranger things have happened in H&R. :p:

I saw one of the most minging pictures I've ever seen today. Some lady managed to deglove her face. Apparently she didn't realise. WTF?

ReputationRep:
    Woo, looks like I've been called up for another liver.

ReputationRep:
    Stranger things have happened in H&R. :p:

I saw one of the most minging pictures I've ever seen today. Some lady managed to deglove her face. Apparently she didn't realise. WTF?
    This was a legend one day on ITU, everyone was talking about it coming in for our MaxFax unit. I never actually saw it, but I like to believe it actually happened and it wasn't just some massive misunderstanding or wind-up.

(Just re-read that. Sounds wrong)

ReputationRep:
    This week has been a nightmare! But at least my exam is over However just had a call from the out of hours doctor people after bloods I had yesterday and apparently my K+ is 2.3. Not sure if it's something I should be worrying about...? And what I should do, except eat bananas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Monkey)
    This week has been a nightmare! But at least my exam is over However just had a call from the out of hours doctor people after bloods I had yesterday and apparently my K+ is 2.3. Not sure if it's something I should be worrying about...? And what I should do, except eat bananas!
    Unless you have some SandoK handy...

ReputationRep:
    I'm on two gold! Thankies very much Ataloss!

ReputationRep:
    Back for another term. I may be poor, I may not have home cooking, and my room might be a tip, but I'm dissecting on monday, so everything looks better.

So, whatever your regrets, and however bad it gets, every ******* other place is worse. (Amature Transplants)

ReputationRep:
    Well done Renal. I'm proud of my one light green gem, it's a good place to be.

edit If anyone read the q that was here; never mind as I was being an idiot.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.