Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I saw one of those rota whiteboards behind a nursing station, had to do a double take when I saw "anna-marie" on it. It had ******* better not be. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I saw one of those rota whiteboards behind a nursing station, had to do a double take when I saw "anna-marie" on it. It had ******* better not be. :mad:
    :rofl:
    Watch out, from now on you'll have every decision you make analysed from her expert perspective :p:
    Edit: Thanks for the rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnExamination.com)
    A 19-year-old student nurse has taken a cocktail of over 100 paracetamol tablets and half a bottle of vodka following an argument with her lesbian partner.
    I LOL'd :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I LOL'd :rofl:
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    What's so funny? Sounds like a ******* tragedy to me :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Well, if it would've turned out to be a load of stars, I'm not surprised :p:. What did you say?
    Sorry, I hadn't realised I'd been qouted.

I said that it was a loss for comedy and that perhaps my favourite sketch ever was "Go for and English" an that there was,in fact, no such thing as "Strep Virus".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Sorry, I hadn't realised I'd been qouted.

I said that it was a loss for comedy and that perhaps my favourite sketch ever was "Go for and English" an that there was,in fact, no such thing as "Strep Virus".
    Hehehe, no worries.

And I'm sure sarcasm gets you practically no where with the press. Who knew?

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe, no worries.

And I'm sure sarcasm gets you practically no where with the press. Who knew?
    I wasn't even being sarcastic.For once...

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd done another degree or had a full time job before medicine to make me appreciate it more.

I dont think I ever enjoy it or appreciate it like I should. I saw and did loads on my firms but because its all I've ever known other than school, and I know I'll see more, and the doctors always expected it and more, it wasn't a big deal. If anything, I just got stressed(and probably depressed). Its only now that I realise I saw and did much more than loads of others. And then my next firms probably won't be as good so I won't much appreciate them either. It certainly won't be just me or just me and one other student on my firm next time.

I go through weeks of working hard and then weeks of doing very little work.. neither of which are particularly fun. And I can see what being an F1 and beyond will be like, which isn't something I particularly look forward to. A lot of doctors have said how important it is to enjoy med school cause there isn't nearly the time to later on. Or these are the best days of our lives. Its not like it's bad or anything, its just not anything special to me. Infact I'd quite like to graduate and leave London asap even though i know F1 won't be great.

Is everyone else having the time of their lives at med school???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I wish I'd done another degree or had a full time job before medicine to make me appreciate it more.

I dont think I ever enjoy it or appreciate it like I should. I saw and did loads on my firms but because its all I've ever known other than school, and I know I'll see more, and the doctors always expected it and more, it wasn't a big deal. If anything, I just got stressed(and probably depressed). Its only now that I realise I saw and did much more than loads of others. And then my next firms probably won't be as good so I won't much appreciate them either. It certainly won't be just me or just me and one other student on my firm next time.

I go through weeks of working hard and then weeks of doing very little work.. neither of which are particularly fun. And I can see what being an F1 and beyond will be like, which isn't something I particularly look forward to. A lot of doctors have said how important it is to enjoy med school cause there isn't nearly the time to later on. Or these are the best days of our lives. Its not like it's bad or anything, its just not anything special to me. Infact I'd quite like to graduate and leave London asap even though i know F1 won't be great.

Is everyone else having the time of their lives at med school???
    I'm certainly enjoying it, but it does feel like I'm always buried under a ton of work that I haven't done - made worse by the knowledge of how much I still don't know, and how long the road it.

I think all medics go through it, though... just remember that there is an end to the tunnel - but it's just a long way off. You're a second year, right? Or possibly third?

ReputationRep:
    I loved my first year of medical school. Absolutely hated my second, coped with my third and survived my fourth lol. I'm not sure about this year and I have two years left when I go back.

I'm glad I had a gap year. I had planned one anyway but I did enjoy working and mixing with difference people. And in terms of medical school. I just began feeling like i belonged and that i'd settled in and what did i do? Buggered off an intercalated in another city! This time last year I didn't want to do medicine anymore and needed a break. I can't wait to go back now. My friends (a fair few who actually feel more like family now) are pestering me all the time to go back, and without their support I wouldn't have done so well last year. They gave me the confidence to leave and feel like I could actually do it so i'm grateful to them.

I don't know how i'd feel about medicine if i hadn't taken a year out. But I am worried about how competent i'll be. I've never been especially confident about my abilities and taking a year out won't have helped that. I am the girl who hides instead of throwing herself into things!

Would taking a step back help?

ReputationRep:
    I'm certainly enjoying it, but it does feel like I'm always buried under a ton of work that I haven't done - made worse by the knowledge of how much I still don't know, and how long the road it.

I think all medics go through it, though... just remember that there is an end to the tunnel - but it's just a long way off. You're a second year, right? Or possibly third?
    I'm a third yr. I dont think you really know what I mean.
    I've never felt like I have tons of work- perhaps thats the nature of the course here- nor does the vast amount that I dont know bother me too much.

And a light at the tunnel (cliche!) isn't "comforting". Life is about the journey not the destination. Obviously we're all working toward futures goals but not at the absolute expense of the present.

Sarky- I just emailed for an application form for the medical humanities course at bristol.. so any advice you can give me about it would be coolios. I (similarly) dont feel confident about it but I haven't much to lose.

At least your year out is something different even if it wasn't really the course you expected. And I'm sure you'll be more than competent when you get back to medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know as much about it as the one at Leicester obviously as I only emailed them a few times and got offered a place for intake this year but I couldn't take it as Southampton only let you intercalate between third and fourth year....I'll have a think and PM you.

In unrelated news..I keep wanting to go and tell people that their sex is on fire. What is wrong with me?

ReputationRep:
    Finals suck. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third yr. I dont think you really know what I mean.
    I've never felt like I have tons of work- perhaps thats the nature of the course here- nor does the vast amount that I dont know bother me too much.

And a light at the tunnel (cliche!) isn't "comforting". Life is about the journey not the destination. Obviously we're all working toward futures goals but not at the absolute expense of the present.
    Well, life may be about the journey, but you can't experience everything at the same time.

Life is also about sacrifice, which is what is required to succeed.

But you know this already.

ReputationRep:
    Well, life may be about the journey, but you can't experience everything at the same time.

Life is also about sacrifice, which is what is required to succeed.

But you know this already.
    What are you on about??????

Unlucky fluffsy :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Finals suck. Fact.
    When are they? Best of luck for them, though if the impression I have of you is anywhere near the truth you'll be more than alright!

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about??????

Unlucky fluffsy :hugs:
    Lol, figure it out.

If you can't, then don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yuck , on twilights at the minute. Need i say more? ********* shift ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Finals suck. Fact.
    So do outfirms?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.