The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9500
^ Sometimes they're happy when you cancel their ops though :smile:
Renal
That's everywhere. Cancelled two people's operations (second and third cancellation respectively) a few days ago because there aren't the beds for them - the F1 got to tell them after they'd been NBM for 14 hours...
Ouch, bet that was fun!
Reply 9502
That is why I am not looking forward to being a surgical FY#.
Reply 9503
Its not so bad when you cancel due to beds, at least its obviously not your fault. But when they're cancelled because drugs weren't stopped or blood wasn't taken or you didnt put a venflon in before an angio.. or they weren't properly preassessed and it totally looks like its your fault, (usually it isnt), thats bad...... but even then, sometimes patients are relieved that their op is cancelled/postponed.

Obviously other times they write five page letters of complaint to the consultant.. but ho hum. Who said being a consultant was good?!
visesh
That is why I am not looking forward to being a surgical FY#.

I always refused and insisted it was down to a Matron/Directorate manager/Bed manager to tell the patient the surgery was cancelled.
Thought I'd boost the number of views of this
Reply 9506
Goddamn, I just had to rush out of Lord Robert Winston's lecture because I was too ill.

Bad times.
Reply 9507
Renal
That's everywhere. Cancelled two people's operations (second and third cancellation respectively) a few days ago because there aren't the beds for them - the F1 got to tell them after they'd been NBM for 14 hours...

We kept a patient NBM for 3 days on ortho, with only a sandwich after 10pm both nights :rolleyes:

Oh how I miss it
Reply 9508
Alex L
Thought I'd boost the number of views of this

you wanting some nominations :tongue:

I'd noticed it already though i'm sure not everyone reads the announcements
kate0904
you wanting some nominations :tongue:

I'd noticed it already though i'm sure not everyone reads the announcements

Yes please! Nah, I'd fail, I have warnings right now so clearly don't "Adhere 100% to the site rules" :tongue:

Yeh I figured I'd post it up seeing as it only had three views, and the people in this thread are the ones it'll affect most.
Reply 9510
Alex L
Yes please! Nah, I'd fail, I have warnings right now so clearly don't "Adhere 100% to the site rules"

Yeh I figured I'd post it up seeing as it only had three views, and the people in this thread are the ones it'll affect most.

very true (about us being the ones it'll affect)! i wasn't aware that it had had so few views!

i know of some mods/minimods who've had warnings in the past so that doesn't necessarily rule someone out
kate0904
very true (about us being the ones it'll affect)! i wasn't aware that it had had so few views!

i know of some mods/minimods who've had warnings in the past so that doesn't necessarily rule someone out

I've thrown a few names into the mix in AAM, but tbh the majority of them (but not all) are nearing the ends of their courses, so probably won't have the time for that long, as they'll be doing important stuff like FY1ing it up :tongue:
Reply 9512
Alex L
I've thrown a few names into the mix in AAM, but tbh the majority of them (but not all) are nearing the ends of their courses, so probably won't have the time for that long, as they'll be doing important stuff like FY1ing it up

I'm going to have a think for a bit before nominating anyone(s)
see if anyone's activity increases now the nominations are open :tongue:
/cynicism :tongue:
kate0904
I'm going to have a think for a bit before nominating anyone(s)
see if anyone's activity increases now the nominations are open :tongue:
/cynicism :tongue:

I just threw a list of the people I thought would do a good job their way, hopefully combined with other people's thoughts it should help a bit. I've noticed that your thread seems to be doing rather well for (lack of) spam as of late
I take that back, there's just been this one :tongue:
Reply 9515
Alex L
I take that back, there's just been this one

that's less spammy than some - at least i can use it to update :tongue:
i think helenia telling people off helped!
Why do they need another minimod? Or is Helenia stopping?
Reply 9517
Why the hell do we need one of these threads every week? It's never going to achieve anything, even if most of us want it to. It would be nice to have a mature discussion about this- I think it would be quite enlightening...!
visesh
Why the hell do we need one of these threads every week? It's never going to achieve anything, even if most of us want it to. It would be nice to have a mature discussion about this- I think it would be quite enlightening...!

It would be enlightening, but only if we had someone with an equal amount of knowledge at the other end of it. Anna keeps telling people that they don't know what a nurse actually does, yet refuses to educate us further. I for one would like to have it spelt out to me, as its obviously going to be useful during my future career.
turning up to lectures can be an excellent decision, get got back from a crash course on thorax. Everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending