TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
It would be enlightening, but only if we had someone with an equal amount of knowledge at the other end of it. Anna keeps telling people that they don't know what a nurse actually does, yet refuses to educate us further. I for one would like to have it spelt out to me, as its obviously going to be useful during my future career.
It comes back to the information war and power play that's so prevalent on the wards - don't tell anyone anything unless you absolutely have to.
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
It comes back to the information war and power play that's so prevalent on the wards - don't tell anyone anything unless you absolutely have to.
I have all this to look forward to
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
things keep getting cancelled without any warning.
and then they email us about professionalism. wtf.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
things keep getting cancelled without any warning.
and then they email us about professionalism. wtf.
Ahh! The joys of PPD - same *****, different year!
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
mmmm 3 hours on death, dying and bereavement tomorrow...... maybe i wont go. they never turn up for us!
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
I swear you keep poking that penguin harder and faster every day.
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
mmmm 3 hours on death, dying and bereavement tomorrow...... maybe i wont go. they never turn up for us!
I don't blame you lol.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Philosoraptor)
Why do they need another minimod? Or is Helenia stopping?
Well, I'm leaving in the summer, but that's a way off yet. I think it's been decided that this place could do with a tidy-up, and I'm spreading myself too thinly to do it all myself.
Hygeia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
argh... ******* applicants http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#edit17118527

why do i even bother :mad:
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kate0904)
argh... ******* applicants http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#edit17118527

why do i even bother
I have replied, quite a nasty piece of work that kid
Hygeia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Wangers)
I have replied, quite a nasty piece of work that kid
thankyou :hugs:

didn't need this today *grumble* (stupid cold, **** day etc)
reems23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Reading some of the **** the applicants come out with makes me cringe.
wideawake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Sometimes it just isn't worth bothering but I suppose it is hard to ignore when you see them talking such crap and ****ging of your medical school through ignorance and pettiness. I got glared at on that thead. Is that a good thing in kiddie cyber speak?
Hygeia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wideawake)
Sometimes it just isn't worth bothering but I suppose it is hard to ignore when you see them talking such crap and ****ging of your medical school through ignorance and pettiness. I got glared at. Is that a good thing in kiddie cyber speak?
not sure
:unsure:
thanks for sticking up for me though :hugs:
ThisLittlePiggy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I've tried my best with my hazy post exam reason.They don't have the right to take pot shots at Medical schools and I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that some of those kids are pretty arrogant and up themselves. They certainly wouldn't make good Doctors the way that they are.

Talking about how one Uni is better as it has better admissions processing... small minded eejits.
Hygeia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
I've tried my best with my hazy post exam reason.They don't have the right to take pot shots at Medical schools and I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that some of those kids are pretty arrogant and up themselves. They certainly wouldn't make good Doctors the way that they are.

Talking about how one Uni is better as it has better admissions processing... small minded eejits.
i'd agree with all that!
some of them have sense though got a very nice PM from one of them asking me to keep helping
ThisLittlePiggy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'd agree with all that!
some of them have sense though got a very nice PM from one of them asking me to keep helping
Aw,that's very nice of that person! I'd definitely ask you to keep helping as it is so beneficial to hear it from someone who has been in their situation but who also has insight that only experience can give. I would help them if I wasn't so un-eloquent and rubbish at arguments and the like though I might pop in to see what all the chat is.

Had been trying to send that post of for an hour or more but forgot to hit send...thank goodness as my initial rage was evident in the 1st draft and had a few outburst of the colorful vernacular!

I swear; pre meds are often worse than trolls.

EMQ's suck btw. :woo: :eek3:
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'd agree with all that!
Was it Jonny, Holsy or scaryhair? They seem like the most switched on of all the applicants this year tbh
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You know you're a TSR addict when you know pre-med trolls by name :p:.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is an odd feeling. I know tte theory, but head isn't in the zone. Its not falling into place....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?