The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Saffie
hmmm is it worth complaining?

If it has got to the point where it is actually affecting the quality of your education then yes, I think so. Maybe if you could get a couple of other people who are feeling the same way to do the same then the school will have to at least take notice.
Reply 9721
WE made the same complaints. LAst years 3rd years made the same complaints. I bet the year before us etc did too. I'm not sure if they care...
Reply 9722
Alex L
If it has got to the point where it is actually affecting the quality of your education then yes, I think so. Maybe if you could get a couple of other people who are feeling the same way to do the same then the school will have to at least take notice.

Nice to see they haven't quite beaten all of the naivity out of you :tongue:
Oh. Fair enough. Guess nobody really stands a chance against the establishment
Daveo
Nice to see they haven't quite beaten all of the naivity out of you :tongue:

Give them time :tongue:

I've now seen my first demonstration of organisational incompetence though! They organised too many days with the hospitals for second years, so instead of admitting they've cocked up, they're making about 4 PBL groups do both days (with the same ILOs each time) twice. Apparently they're calling them "compulsory bonus learning opportunities" :biggrin:
I'm not sure many med school admindroids actually care that much about their students :redface: I've had to make complaints before now but they never care and either ignore you or make life more difficult as a result.

I'm not really bitter and twisted about the unjust treatment I've received from the medical school
Reply 9726
I can almost feel norovirus coming on :frown: noooooooooo
Reply 9727
Reading the posts above make me appreciate how well icsm is run, so much more.
Reply 9728
wideawake
I'm not sure many med school admindroids actually care that much about their students :redface: I've had to make complaints before now but they never care and either ignore you or make life more difficult as a result.

I'm not really bitter and twisted about the unjust treatment I've received from the medical school

Of course they don't care! You are just a pawn in the funding battle
Reply 9729
Fluffy
WE made the same complaints. LAst years 3rd years made the same complaints. I bet the year before us etc did too. I'm not sure if they care...

Yeah, I really dont think they care and I think the head of year is deliberately unapproachable as well. I didnt know who it was until yesterday and now I know, I dont know what she looks like and all the correspondence from her has always been very accusatory.

In PBL we went round the room and had to name types of arithmetic "if division is one form, what are the others?" :mad:
Daveo
Of course they don't care! You are just a pawn in the funding battle

Keep updating buddy. Have been very interested following ya blog and want to see how the Surg/Med choice pans out!
Reply 9731
Saffie
Yeah, I really dont think they care and I think the head of year is deliberately unapproachable as well. I didnt know who it was until yesterday and now I know, I dont know what she looks like and all the correspondence from her has always been very accusatory.

In PBL we went round the room and had to name types of arithmetic "if division is one form, what are the others?"

I think the main problem is that it's a bitty bit of the course - four distinct areas, ran by 4 different teams most outside the core undergrad medical school staff (epidemiology and cancer) who do not talk to each other directly, but go through the Student Office - reciepe for disaster.

Your PBL sounds like a piss take!
Reply 9732
First Dissection tomorrow :woo:
Alex L
Give them time

I've now seen my first demonstration of organisational incompetence though! They organised too many days with the hospitals for second years, so instead of admitting they've cocked up, they're making about 4 PBL groups do both days (with the same ILOs each time) twice. Apparently they're calling them "compulsory bonus learning opportunities" :biggrin:

lol. In PDS we watched a video on communication about a group of students who went to GP placement and GP had nothing organised. Guess what happened to my placement group?
reems23
First Dissection tomorrow :woo:

What you doing?
Wangers
lol. In PDS we watched a video on communication about a group of students who went to GP placement and GP had nothing organised. Guess what happened to my placement group?

Ummm... Is this a trick question? :tongue:
Reply 9736
Alex L
What you doing?

Your mum...
reems23
First Dissection tomorrow

Which bit?
Reply 9738
Alex L
What you doing?

Anatomy of the Thorax. - Chest Wall and Intercostal Space.

:rofl: @ your mum.
Fluffy
Your mum...

:bawling: Don't dissect my mum...

Latest

Trending

Trending