Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok at least when most of us mention our grades people understand - what's it with you guys and things like "12" "16" etc? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Ok at least when most of us mention our grades people understand - what's it with you guys and things like "12" "16" etc?
    Maybe they're rewarded with pizza?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Maybe they're rewarded with pizza?
    :rofl:

Exams in 8 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    Exams in 8 weeks
    Finals in 2.5 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Finals in 2.5 weeks
    Good luck!

(i'm quite glad i have a couple of years til i need to worry about them, though they're scaring me already!)

ReputationRep:
    Finals in 2.5 weeks
    Ouch, you win!
    Best of luck to you! I think I will probably just be panicking before finals, and not have a clue what to revise. It's a scary thought

ReputationRep:
    Pritty much today summed up!!!

Back to adrenals...

ReputationRep:
    Pritty much today summed up!!!

Back to adrenals...
    Fluffy, from what I've been able to ascertain over the last 3 yearsish I'm pretty sure you're going to whoop the exams annoyingly well :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Ok at least when most of us mention our grades people understand - what's it with you guys and things like "12" "16" etc? :p:
    I barely understand it, so apologies if this makes no sense:
    Our percentage score from an exam is put on a bizarre sigmoid curve that translates it to a mark out of 20 - off the top of my head, 51-52% is a 10, ~70% is a 16, 95-100% is a 20. It's so our exam scores can be directly compared with someone studying, say, Maths, where it is feasible to get 100%, and English, where it isn't. Oh, and a 9 is a pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I barely understand it, so apologies if this makes no sense:
    Our percentage score from an exam is put on a bizarre sigmoid curve that translates it to a mark out of 20 - off the top of my head, 51-52% is a 10, ~70% is a 16, 95-100% is a 20. It's so our exam scores can be directly compared with someone studying, say, Maths, where it is feasible to get 100%, and English, where it isn't. Oh, and a 9 is a pass.
    Wow confusing!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    helloooo

good luck with your finals fluff!!

i'm getting ready to resit my osce atm which i rather stupidly failed last summer. i'm not getting nervous about it at all though. i'm more fretting about my car which i've rather annoyingly written off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    helloooo

i'm getting ready to resit my osce atm which i rather stupidly failed last summer. i'm not getting nervous about it at all though. i'm more fretting about my car which i've rather annoyingly written off
    Gosh are you ok? Poor you!:eek:

Maybe its good to have something else to focus on. Telling yourself you can do the OSCE is more than half the battle.

ReputationRep:
    helloooo

hey good luck with the osce im retaking mine in a couple of months aswell.
    ouch for writing the car off though. i shut my face in a door yesterday and that took my mind off my osce.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah i'm absolutely fine. just in mourning for my beautiful car!! it was a stupid accident, i managed to hit it off the kerb at a strange angle and flip it upsidedown while swerving round some kind of animal that was running about in the road. i'm not quite sure how i managed it tbh. i wasn't speeding and i only hit the kerb and then suddenly the car's upsidedown.... i'm pretty lucky i walked out of it. i'm just gonna run over the bloody cat next time.

i've got my osce next week, had a mock today though and it all seemed fine. because i'm not at uni they've given me loads of help with it, special revision sessions and the like that basically no-one would ever get first time round so i'm pretty happy about everything. hopefully i can pass this one, get it out the way and enjoy the rest of my year out!!

ReputationRep:
    upsidedown
    HOLY MOLY! That is a pretty incredible feat. Just remember that you are alive and well and at the end of a day a car is just a means of transport; no matter how lovely it is.

Good luck with the OSCE.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm absolutely fine. just in mourning for my beautiful car!! it was a stupid accident, i managed to hit it off the kerb at a strange angle and flip it upsidedown while swerving round some kind of animal that was running about in the road. i'm not quite sure how i managed it tbh. i wasn't speeding and i only hit the kerb and then suddenly the car's upsidedown.... i'm pretty lucky i walked out of it. i'm just gonna run over the bloody cat next time.

i've got my osce next week, had a mock today though and it all seemed fine. because i'm not at uni they've given me loads of help with it, special revision sessions and the like that basically no-one would ever get first time round so i'm pretty happy about everything. hopefully i can pass this one, get it out the way and enjoy the rest of my year out!!
    Someone tipped their car upside down right in front of me last year - they were alcohol induced though... :p:
    They came out pretty much unscathed though.

ReputationRep:
    Someone on a bike got knocked over outside the Cruciform the other week just as lectures finished I heard...poor bloke.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate driving on the roads when cyclists are about :no:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I really hate driving on the roads when cyclists are about .
    :ditto:

met a couple of really bad ones today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    :ditto:

met a couple of really bad ones today
    Did you run them over? :hubba:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.