Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    heeelllloooooooo

anyone started back yet? (bar anita and ataloss, of course, who are probably on call when I'm tucked up in bed tonight )
    I'm skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiing next week, then probably starting lectures sometime the week after (Weds? Thurs? dunno ). This is going to be a heavy term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    term starts 15th, but going back up on Sunday - lots of libraries to vist :angel: & project techniques to be taught. :eek:
    determined to work hard this term, ahem...

Dr Ed - where did you hear that snippet of joy from? lol
    Really not looking forward to this term.

Collections to start, lots of work as the filling then 2nd major exams of preclinical course. Oh well, just have to look forward to summer.

ReputationRep:
    Post-grad collections are the best! No exam or anything like that - just a "So, you're still alive! Great! Any problems, come and see us. Next" kinda approach, although you do get good biscuits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Post-grad collections are the best! No exam or anything like that - just a "So, you're still alive! Great! Any problems, come and see us. Next" kinda approach, although you do get good biscuits!
    Biscuits as well, and the graduate student teaching us gives us exams, has she no compassion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    Biscuits as well, and the graduate student teaching us gives us exams, has she no compassion!
    Nope - biscuit fever robs you of all compassion... A bit like the prisoner and prison guard experiment

ReputationRep:
    Golden Maverick - summer of year 2 is a bizaare twillight zone time period! :p:
    anyhow, if you feel stressed re. exams & want to talk feel free to PM me & we could email/meet for coffee or something. in my first year medsoc arranged a "talk to a survivor" scheme in the weeks before prelims which i found hugely reassuring!

i've never been offered a tute biscuit, humph. although a friend having a coughing fit was offered port once because there was no water in the room. :rofl: & we do normally have wine at our 0th week meet up.

am now in an extended essay frenzy... seems fairly exciting. where's the geek smilie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    term starts 15th, but going back up on Sunday - lots of libraries to vist :angel: & project techniques to be taught. :eek:
    determined to work hard this term, ahem...

Dr Ed - where did you hear that snippet of joy from? lol
    From the SUN newspaper, the most trustworthy source.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAARGH!

I think revision is officially making me psychotic... hope this phase passes

Thanks for the tips about the books and website Fluffy, Joy and Miles. Muchos love!

Good luck to all who have exams. Bring on the Monday's, post-exam union night! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    heeelllloooooooo

anyone started back yet? (bar anita and ataloss, of course, who are probably on call when I'm tucked up in bed tonight )
    Not started back as such - as never left.

On call as well this weekend :thumbdown:

Perhaps I should get some rep to cheer me up. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently i must spread some rep

I'm fed up....

ReputationRep:
    I hate feeling like a second year when i'm only a first year! Cardio-respiratory term which so far is very timetable heavy. Hope i've got what it takes. If i was a normal intelligent person i'd have a degree in less than 18 months :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I hate feeling like a second year when i'm only a first year! Cardio-respiratory term which so far is very timetable heavy. Hope i've got what it takes. If i was a normal intelligent person i'd have a degree in less than 18 months :rolleyes: :p:
    I quite liked the cardio-respiritory term that we did this time last year, it was the abdomen which I didn't like as much in the first year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    Not started back as such - as never left.

On call as well this weekend :thumbdown:

Perhaps I should get some rep to cheer me up. :p:
    I *HATE* weekends, hate 'em worse than anything (including nights). It's just the exhaustion of that 12-day non-stop stretch. Having said that, I worked Xmas eve Saturday and it wasn't too bad. But have a horrible week coming up - am on call tomorrow (Monday) and Friday and the weekend, and then the following Thursday

At least I'm in medicine now, which is much better than surgery...

ReputationRep:
    ARGH! Clinical interview tomorrow and I'm bricking it! Why do I want to be a doctor/stay in Cambridge again?

ReputationRep:
    its all about what you can do for cambridge & why they'll be such a better place with you because <insert valid reasons here> - while making eye contact & smiling.

NB - do not attempt to stare them out of manically smile.

ok, i'm not much help..

quick glance over the clinically related most recent journal issues?
    decide what to wear?
    re-read project/essay research?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    ARGH! Clinical interview tomorrow and I'm bricking it! Why do I want to be a doctor/stay in Cambridge again?
    OMG more stressful interviews...
    And I thought life was easy after you got into medical school :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't applied to preclinical / clinical courses & don't fancy transferring to intercalate or for clinicals or anything then you shouldn't have any more career-ish interviews until jobs i suppose though.

& feel i should share with the thread - i was very lucky & just got into my 1st choice clinical school without an interview. yay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1337)
    OMG more stressful interviews...
    And I thought life was easy after you got into medical school :rolleyes:
    Nah, this is only if you are silly like me and go to a silly university where they don't have enough clinical places for everyone. Most medical schools don't have that - although you will of course have job interviews etc before graduation!

It went ok, I think. I got a bit tied up in one Ethics question (trying to explain the Doctrine of Double Effect) and could have spoken better about what my work experience had showed me about the difference between GP and hospital medicine, but I think it could have been much worse.

And they didn't ask me the killer question either

Edit: WELL DONE! to Elles and Steve (sbailey) for getting into Oxford Clinical School without interview! :party: :elefant: :marchmell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Nah, this is only if you are silly like me and go to a silly university where they don't have enough clinical places for everyone. Most medical schools don't have that - although you will of course have job interviews etc before graduation!

It went ok, I think. I got a bit tied up in one Ethics question (trying to explain the Doctrine of Double Effect) and could have spoken better about what my work experience had showed me about the difference between GP and hospital medicine, but I think it could have been much worse.

And they didn't ask me the killer question either

Edit: WELL DONE! to Elles and Steve (sbailey) for getting into Oxford Clinical School without interview! :party: :elefant: :marchmell
    Glad to hear the interview went ok - fingers crossed! and well done to ella and steve.

The way things are going, I doubt you'll have an interview for housejobs - My application is purely based on my form (eeek)

ReputationRep:
    On another subject, have just got back from a long day a question was on my mind so I thought that I would ask, when you learn about conditions/diseases etc do get really worried that you have them? It may be stupid but it seems to happen to me every term not in a really serious I am going to see a doctor because I am sure that I have it kind of way more of a silly little what if. We are currently studying reproduction so I being me thing I am going to be infertile when I am older . Ah well it doesn't bother me that much was just wondering whether it happend to other people too?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.