Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a copy of the Crash course book? It's quite good for revision. Not a web site I know, but still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Have you got a copy of the Crash course book? It's quite good for revision. Not a web site I know, but still...
    Do you know the exact info ?

ReputationRep:
    Don't get too bogged down with the finer details of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Do you know the exact info ?
    Of the book? (Cos I certainly don't know much fine anatomy!!!)

The book details are here:
    http://www.harcourt-international.co...SBN=0723432473

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I'm not a great lover of the Crash-course anatomy book. IMO, the best crash courses are the metabolism one and the respiratory/cardiovascular editions.
    The Psych one is brilliant - but I suppose you guys haven't done psych yet. When you do, I recommend it - am currently writing an entire project out of it whilst also trying to revise for written finals (first one 4 weeks today, AAAAAAAAAARGH!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It is not so much that I need it fast, I just need it to be clear. Like a diagram or table saying this inserts here or this part of the thorasic vetebre is called this ect. I just can't really seem to find anything that makes it really clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    It is not so much that I need it fast, I just need it to be clear. Like a diagram or table saying this inserts here or this part of the thorasic vetebre is called this ect. I just can't really seem to find anything that makes it really clear.
    "Instant Anatomy" by Bob Whitaker and someone else is pretty good for those sorts of things. I think there's a website but can't remember it - just google for it and you'll find it. The website is limited, but the book is good for revision.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a great lover of the Crash-course anatomy book. IMO, the best crash courses are the metabolism one and the respiratory/cardiovascular editions.

I thought it was great! then again, I've yet to be examined on anything

ReputationRep:
    more off topic.. anyone know anything about what actually are the 'image transformations' of retina & LGN..?

oh how i hate writing tute essays with titles that they refuse to explain (& the phrase can't be found anywhere else), before having had any lectures, with a huge pile of heavy going texts for company.. woe is me..

ReputationRep:
    no idea from me sorry, even google doesn't have the answer! :eek:
    thank you anyway.. *desolate*

i tried google. even my neuro books big enough to do someone a severe head injury don't use the phrasing like that :rolleyes:

am subsequently writing an 'everything i know about what happens in the retina & LGN' essay - by a massive splurging, i hope to make a few relevant points, who knows.. they may jump up & bite me! but no doubt my line of argument/structure/style etc will no doubt be torn to shreds.. urgh.

ReputationRep:
    Erm...*has never heard of image transformations of the retina and has written finals in 4 weeks*

*runs away in fear*

ReputationRep:
    crash course in psychiatry?! sounds a bit dubious that everyone's problems can be condensed into a few thousand words
    trust me, this is the best way to deal with people's problems, otherwise you'll get so bogged down it's untrue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita_xx)
    Erm...*has never heard of image transformations of the retina and has written finals in 4 weeks*

*runs away in fear*

That's why Oxbridge medicine is silly. We're doing eyes at the moment too and I hate it. I keep nodding off in lectures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    That's why Oxbridge medicine is silly. We're doing eyes at the moment too and I hate it. I keep nodding off in lectures
    This was a problem for me all through 1st year

ReputationRep:
    lol

the thinner the textbook the better (within reason!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    lol

the thinner the textbook the better (within reason!)
    Couldn't agree more! I've developed K&C-related back problems already!! Am seriously thinking of getting a palm pilot!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Fellow Medicalo's!

Just to let you know that Elseviers new Student Consult website, specifically for medical professionals, or to quote the website: "Welcome to STUDENT CONSULT, a highly innovative learning system for students of medicine, dentistry and health sciences." went live today:

http://www.studentconsult.com/default.cfm

It actually looks quote good - the main aim is obviously to get you to order text books with them, but there's loads of free chapters (Bookstore section), loads of sample MCQs, case studies, exam tips, blogs, games and competitions (Spleen section) and tonnes of images (For Instructors section).

There's also a really good section called 'my library' where you can store all your activated Elsevier Books (from the pin number in the actual book) for rapid on line access - i.e you can access them all in one place through Student Consult.

Hope it's of help/use.

fxx

ReputationRep:
    Debate on embryonic stem cell research hotting up which you medics maybe interested in http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t75332.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Random:

Not sure if this is too late, but there's a sample chapter of the Crash course in anatomy on studentconsult.com:

http://www.studentconsult.com/spleen...?chapterID=446

might give you an idea if you might like the book or not.

fxx

ReputationRep:
    :confused: isn't that website the same as www.fleshandbones.com ?
    It has replaced flesh and bones - if you have a flesh and bones account it should work on student consult. It's supposed to be better - flesh and bones kept crashing apparently.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.