?
Report 12 years ago
I am starting to get them I think but it is giving me a headache
wednesburywench
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have a headache too...im tryin to do the pelvis but acland is sending me to sleep with his monotone voice lol
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We have that too, it is really helpful (I think that you are talking about the anatomy vids) however i agree it does make you tired.
wednesburywench
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yea it is helpful, yea the dvds we have it on the web...he sends me to sleep but it is probebly the best thing to actually doing the dissection.
joyabbott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going to scream

Was supposed to find out about a job 10 days ago. MDAP being useless failed to sort out allocations in time, and promised 5pm today.

Do we know? no, of course not.

I really ahve better things to do than keep refreshing my screen (finals being 5 weeks away) but I can't concentrate!
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
good luck
wednesburywench
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yea good luck with that!
michellehall
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wheres my med society symbol gone from my name? how do i get it back?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really really really want to swear lots and lots at Addenbrooke's right now. How the hell can it take so long to make a decision when they finished interviews 2 weeks ago?

:bawling:
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I'm a happy bunny

Got my F1 in Lincoln (yay) - gen med, gen surgery & anaesthetics (I want to be a gas girl)

Then F2 in QMC (Nottingham) - A&E, Trauma and Ortho, O&G

How cool is that!!!!

A few very unhappy people around though sadly
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by joyabbott)
Well I'm a happy bunny

Got my F1 in Lincoln (yay) - gen med, gen surgery & anaesthetics (I want to be a gas girl)

How cool is that!!!!

Excellent news, u must be well chuffed . Doesn't it seem really scary that after 5/6 years at med school ur actually a doctor. I know that sounds pretty obvious and stuff, but I'd imagine it must feel sooo cool .

Hopefully those that didnt get their choice will be happy with whatever they do get - there are enough jobs arent there?

Also hopefully when the rest of us apply in a couple of years, the application system should be a lot more smoother :p:!
smileymedic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay! Congrats Joy! They both sound really interesting too!You'll be on the QMC wards when I'm doing clinicals so be nice to me!!!!
I hope you went out last night to celebrate
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I'm a happy bunny

How cool is that!!!!

Wooo! Sounds pretty good to me :party:

Don't suppose you know what my friend from school (RB-D) has got - I saw him the other weekend and he was still waiting to hear...
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I'm a happy bunny

How cool is that!!!!
Very cool!

I can't believe that you're almost qualified. It doesn't seem like 10 minutes ago when you were in year 2 and being very supportive of my efforts to get into med school...

Well done again!!!
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
aww thanks guys! I know, I can't believe how quickly it has come round. Just taking a short break from revision (i can't fail now... lol!)

I'm afraid I don't know about RBD - randomly, he was on crutches the last time I saw him... don't know what happened there! If I find out, I'll let you know.

Smiley, if you end up in QMC, i'll be happy to (try) and teach - though can't promise I'll be of any use heehee. I like teaching though so come and find me.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm afraid I don't know about RBD - randomly, he was on crutches the last time I saw him... don't know what happened there! If I find out, I'll let you know.
He had an operation on his hip cartilage - too much hurdling or something :rolleyes: He'll probably end up doing orthopaedic surgery on himself

Most annoying thing ever though: all my friends at all the other colleges had their letters from clinical school yesterday, as did all my friends who live in the other two blocks of Clare accommodation. But the Colony doesn't get post on Saturdays :mad: so I'm still waiting. I'm going to be so twitchy in lectures tomorrow!
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh no!

I hope you find out asap - there's nothing worse than waiting. (well, there is, but you know what I mean )
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Finally! I'm in, muchos relief and joyfulness. Am sending acceptance back this afternoon. :marchmell

:party:

It sucked a bit at the 3rd year dinner on Saturday night, when everyone else knew where they were going except me, but it got me a few free sympathy drinks!
wednesburywench
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well done....meanwhile anyone got any tips for like attempting to get over my boyfriend of 3 and half yrs who split up with me this weeknd after i had looked forward to seeing him so much....gutted
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wednesburywench)
well done....meanwhile anyone got any tips for like attempting to get over my boyfriend of 3 and half yrs who split up with me this weeknd after i had looked forward to seeing him so much....gutted
:hugs: Sorry i don't have any tips but just wanted to offer a hug
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads