Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    you have a supervisor? and they're in the same country as you? :eek: pff, some people are so demanding..

hope your friend's feeling better?
    He is in the same country, but seemingly out of contact. Oh well.

I went to see her last night and she was ok - appendicectomy Sunday night, coming home this morning. Have a large bunch of flowers from us to give to her but I'm not sure she's in...

ReputationRep:
    hope your friends ok. I'm glad youv'e just said that miles, that makes me wana get these exams out the way even more. Next term seems wonderful compared to these 2 terms. I definatly arn't leaving it till the last min, altho now 5 weeks b4 the exam seems last min. I'v done some anatomy, some epidemiology, some sociology. God....you know i actually think this is physically impossible to remember the amount of details we have. Miles....how the hell do u pass element 8 the huge immunity topic? Any help much appreciated!!

I just...want to die.
    really.
    one more week to go, and i can't absorb anymore. yet i've just looked and found i have only learnt (and i mean learnt, not revised) 30% of the syllabus.
    this is the worst term ever. roll on A&E...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robot Chicken)
    I just...want to die.
    really.
    one more week to go, and i can't absorb anymore. yet i've just looked and found i have only learnt (and i mean learnt, not revised) 30% of the syllabus.
    this is the worst term ever. roll on A&E...

Probably not as hardcore as what you're doing but mucheos emapthy. I have my next exam on Friday ['Human Development' - but way too much abuse and child death to be motivating], My head is full of cotton wool

I've tried to do as much as I can to make the subject stick, even going to a peadiatric PM, but it's still depressing when you're dealing with a depressing subject with revision blues.

Garrgggghhh! Still, it's my boyfs bday today and we're going out for lunch, so that should be a nice break. I just need to remember npot to drink

On a more happy note, thoughts of episitomies, ante-, intra- and postpartum haemorrhage and thromboembolic disease risks have make the very small, mutated biological clock I have come to a standstill

(Original post by Fluffy)

Probably not as hardcore as what you're doing but mucheos emapthy. I have my next exam on Friday ['Human Development' - but way too much abuse and child death to be motivating], My head is full of cotton wool

I've tried to do as much as I can to make the subject stick, even going to a peadiatric PM, but it's still depressing when you're dealing with a depressing subject with revision blues.

Garrgggghhh! Still, it's my boyfs bday today and we're going out for lunch, so that should be a nice break. I just need to remember npot to drink

On a more happy note, thoughts of episitomies, ante-, intra- and postpartum haemorrhage and thromboembolic disease risks have make the very small, mutated biological clock I have come to a standstill
    mmm, all the pictures of bruised and battered kids doesn't really help does it.
    Dunno what a paediactric PM (i always hate abbrvs) but if its another word for an MDT just stay clear.
    honestly, best advise i can give everyone.
    MDT = pointless boring waste of everyones time and money.

ReputationRep:
    PM = post mortem. Sad, but I learnt a lot, both times.

PM = post mortem. Sad, but I learnt a lot, both times.
    mmm. i attended a PM of a 21yr old who died after being sucker punched. guy barely had a scratch on him, until you looked at his brain.

mmm. i attended a PM of a 21yr old who died after being sucker punched. guy barely had a scratch on him, until you looked at his brain.
    U.C.K is starred out..?

ReputationRep:
    Barts and The London Student’s Academic Medicine meeting presents:

"AN UPDATE ON CANCER RESEARCH AT BARTS."

Tuesday 21st March 6pm

Perrin Lecture Theatre

Blizzard Building
    Royal London Hospital
    Whitechapel

3 speakers:
    Professor Fran Balkwill – The Immune System and Cancer
    Professor Ian Hart – The Blood Vessel and Cancer
    Professor Nick Lemoine – Gene Therapy and Cancer

Refreshments will be served after the meeting,
    The speakers will be staying behind to meet students, answer questions, etc.

Tuesday 21st March 6pm

Perrin Lecture Theatre

Blizzard Building
    Royal London Hospital
    Whitechapel

3 speakers:

shame, would be quite interested to hear from Lemoine [he's big in pancreatic cancer circles] but have a dermatology osce on wednesday and i don't know my phemygus from my phemygoid yet.

Tuesday 21st March 6pm

Perrin Lecture Theatre

Blizzard Building
    Royal London Hospital
    Whitechapel

3 speakers:

shame, would be quite interested to hear from Lemoine [he's big in pancreatic cancer circles] but have a dermatology osce on wednesday and i don't know my phemygus from my phemygoid yet.

ReputationRep:
    remember pemphigus is worse (said in a northern accent it rhymes)

(Original post by joyabbott)
    remember pemphigus is worse (said in a northern accent it rhymes)
    dah.
    i also always think goid sounds like a tense word, and gus sounds like hissing - no pressure. hence i know which is the tense big blister and which is the shallow eroded blister
    still derm osce all done and dusted. was quite comedy actually. half way through someone dropped the liquid nitrogen canister and promptly filled half the room with steam.

ReputationRep:
    dah.
    i also always think goid sounds like a tense word, and gus sounds like hissing - no pressure. hence i know which is the tense big blister and which is the shallow eroded blister
    still derm osce all done and dusted. was quite comedy actually. half way through someone dropped the liquid nitrogen canister and promptly filled half the room with steam.
    Next exam tomorrow

Although, as a plus it's at Barts, not Vile End! Yippeeeeeeee! No Central Line for me!

ReputationRep:
    Mine too

Last one - can't wait for it to be over, but unfortunately it's supposedly the worst one, and the one people failed last year... though surely it can't be worse than my hell of an osler

Unfortunately some nit decided to do it reverse alphabetically, so I'm last. All my housemates finish today.

ReputationRep:
    Mine too

Last one - can't wait for it to be over, but unfortunately it's supposedly the worst one, and the one people failed last year... though surely it can't be worse than my hell of an osler

Unfortunately some nit decided to do it reverse alphabetically, so I'm last. All my housemates finish today.
    Keeping everything crossed for you, although I know you won't need it (even if you don't )...

KNOCK 'EM DEAD*!

*Not litterally though, heh!

ReputationRep:
    lol I'll try not to

Housemates have just arrived back - am trying to be pleased for them that it's all over and they seem to have survived, but don't think I've ever felt quite so jealous ever.

Good luck tomorrow too!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol I'll try not to

Housemates have just arrived back - am trying to be pleased for them that it's all over and they seem to have survived, but don't think I've ever felt quite so jealous ever.

Good luck tomorrow too!!!
    ****! At least a week too late, but I finally have 'the fear'....

ReputationRep:
    How was it????

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

OSCE was fine. Breast station was hilarious when I detected nodes examiner didn't even know were there (and obviously 10 people before me hadn't commented on).

Need to pack now

Then celebration/collapse in a heap

xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hurray! Glad it's all over Joy, and hope you have a nice celebration now!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.