Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    good week man! turned 18, got into med school, passed my driving test

/slightly tipsey :cool:
    Ooo belated happy birthday (albeit late!), now that you've got your offer, it tends to provide just enough motivation to do well in the exams. You'll end up meeting Fluffy too, although she'll be starting clinicals - which is scary. Saying that I remember when joyabbot was posting about her third year, time goes too quickly :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    It's hardly a major accomplishment :p:

Link to Join:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=2
    :eek: :eek:

Its been the highlight of my career so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    :eek: :eek:

Its been the highlight of my career so far.
    :rolleyes: Medics are a sarcastic bunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    Ooo belated happy birthday (albeit late!), now that you've got your offer, it tends to provide just enough motivation to do well in the exams. You'll end up meeting Fluffy too, although she'll be starting clinicals - which is scary. Saying that I remember when joyabbot was posting about her third year, time goes too quickly :eek:
    thanks!! Yup I have to do well now :eek: Hope Fluffy's bark is worse than her bite! Nah, will be awesome, you'll be all clinical too next year, uh ohhhh, I reckon we established that Brizzle has left you a bit unprepared :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    thanks!! Yup I have to do well now :eek: Hope Fluffy's bark is worse than her bite! Nah, will be awesome, you'll be all clinical too next year, uh ohhhh, I reckon we established that Brizzle has left you a bit unprepared :p:
    Fluffy knows far more clinical than me and has a DPhil in cancer research, imagine ending up on a firm with her! I'd take my white coat and go home :p:

(Original post by Miles)
    Fluffy knows far more clinical than me and has a DPhil in cancer research, imagine ending up on a firm with her! I'd take my white coat and go home :p:
    meh, i'm sure the DPhil is great and all, but you'd be amazed how useless it is for clinicals. anything academicy you'll hafl forget by clinicals and then rarely come across a patient that has what you know about.
    so rarely infact that when you finally do, you'll be jumping up and down like a demented idiot because you know and no one else (incl half the doctors) that the consultant will then quiz you on it for information. not in a 'i'm seeing how good you are' way but a 'please could you tell em this' way.
    now THAT is scary.
    ignorance, is, bliss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robot Chicken)
    meh, i'm sure the DPhil is great and all, but you'd be amazed how useless it is for clinicals. anything academicy you'll hafl forget by clinicals and then rarely come across a patient that has what you know about.
    so rarely infact that when you finally do, you'll be jumping up and down like a demented idiot because you know and no one else (incl half the doctors) that the consultant will then quiz you on it for information. not in a 'i'm seeing how good you are' way but a 'please could you tell em this' way.
    now THAT is scary.
    ignorance, is, bliss.
    ah, take that fluffy :p: So what stage are you at then? i can't ever imagine a consultant coming to me for information, although I do have a scarily indepth knowledge of MRI spin echo sequences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    ah, take that fluffy :p: So what stage are you at then? i can't ever imagine a consultant coming to me for information, although I do have a scarily indepth knowledge of MRI spin echo sequences
    :afraid: - I don't know what Fluffy's gonna say when she sees this!

Here beak is going to go into overdrive!

I'm off before she arrives. :creep:

ReputationRep:

Huh! I'd like to see you revive a cell line after 10 Gy IR!

ReputationRep:

It's alright, she never comes in here. Too busy selling her beads :p:

*runs quickly*

Edit: Ooops, spoke too soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Huh! I'd like to see you revive a cell line after 10 Gy IR!
    How did I get the blame?:confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to see how reproducible cell line data was with respect to the ultimate in-vivo model.. My supervisor wouldn't let me irradiate the post-doc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    It's alright, she never comes in here. Too busy selling her beads :p:

*runs quickly*

Edit: Ooops, spoke too soon!
    :laugh: :laugh:

I still want to know how I got the blame.

ReputationRep:
    How did I get the blame?:confused: :confused:
    Random quoting, sorry

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: :laugh:

I still want to know how I got the blame.
    Ah well, some of us just remain blameless :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Random quoting, sorry
    LOL.

PS - Am I the only one slightly perturbed by Fluffy's new avatar? :p:

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

PS - Am I the only one slightly perturbed by Fluffy's new avatar? :p:
    She likes whipping the deceased and gets sexual satisfaction out of such. Got a problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    She likes whipping the deceased and gets sexual satisfaction out of such. Got a problem with that?
    Oh no - that's fine.

Was thinking it was something far more sinister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    Ah well, some of us just remain blameless :cool:
    *blames miles for everything bad. ever* :eviltongu Got a problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to see how reproducible cell line data was with respect to the ultimate in-vivo model.. My supervisor wouldn't let me irradiate the post-doc
    ..so you offered some extra "projects" for the grateful FHS medics/physiologists instead?

Miles, so - re-joining this society - which MDAP points will it bag me? can i have a title?

I think i have finally discovered a semblance of an argument for my extended essay. :party: 150 papers later & looming deadline.. :bawling:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.