TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
smileymedic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That seriously beats a night full of revision of brain anatomy and pathways. 8 days to go, and I'm actually dying....
Ataloss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Volunteers :eek: (well almost) - how exciting.

Good luck with the revision Smiley.

Good luck with the dissertation Miles.

Let's hope we all have a productive night (and I hope its not too bloody busy).
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good luck everyone, I haven't got anything as bad at the moment just doing research on the use of humanised antibodies for my ssc presentation. Hope that everything goes well.

Just out of wonder when does everyone finish for the summer?
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We've still got 5 weeks of term left before our end of year exam fortnight And we have a 'locomotor' in-course assessment and an assessed PBL write up in the interim.

I'm so screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
but her hubby shagged her best friend - not a wise thing to dip your stick into someone pretending to be infertile
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ataloss)
Anyone fancy doing an on call night shift in Liverpool tonight?

Am not in the mood for work - any volunteers gratefully recieved. :p:
I'm quite high on codeine, does that matter? I have my first aid certificate and everything

If anyone fancies playing spot the diagnosis on my shoulder, I'd be very grateful. My range of interesting drugs to attempt to cure it is running out...
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Urgh - whatever you do, don't let them fill you with diclofenac... I ended up in hospital thanks to that evvvvil thang! Stick with the codeine
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miles)
Don't talk to me about the ****ing locomotor system. I've been in textbooks and journals surrounded by lovely central pattern generators and neural pathways for most of the week!

Gah.........Loads to do!! References take bloody ages too!!!! :mad:

And it doesn't help with that Tamsin woman off Vital Signs swanning around saving lives while in the first bloody year of med school!
ei, i dunno why i still watch the programme. its as infuriating as House but with no comedy/interesting aspects. sad thing is i'm sure they probably consulted some medic of some descript before making it. perhaps peninsula medical school? or some other joke of a medical school.
Jamie
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Urgh - whatever you do, don't let them fill you with diclofenac... I ended up in hospital thanks to that evvvvil thang! Stick with the codeine
sensitive tummy?
smileymedic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I finish exams on the 26th, then got 3 weeks of lectures with a short essay and our osce somewhere in those 3 weeks. I think the lecs are just introductory to our honours year projects and research skills stuff. Then 2nd year is over on the 16th june
Can't wait til the last 3 weeks though, although i will be present in body at the lectures, i certainly wont be in mind hehe!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Robot Chicken)
sensitive tummy?
And then some - vomiting up my own stomach lining. Niiice.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Robot Chicken)
ei, i dunno why i still watch the programme. its as infuriating as House but with no comedy/interesting aspects. sad thing is i'm sure they probably consulted some medic of some descript before making it. perhaps peninsula medical school? or some other joke of a medical school.
Thats offensive there is nothing wronge with penisular medical school. I actually really enjoy house much better than many of the other medical type programs out there including vital signs which I watched the first episode of and was so annoyed by it that I stoped.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate locomotor anatomy.

Flexor Extensor pollicis hallicus longus previs deep superficial lateral medial ARRRGGGHHH

Make it stop!

*To be fair, hating it probably has a lot to do with the fact that i have missed 3 weeks of it when its only 6 weeks long.
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
I hate locomotor anatomy.

Flexor Extensor pollicis hallicus longus previs deep superficial lateral medial ARRRGGGHHH

Make it stop!

*To be fair, hating it probably has a lot to do with the fact that i have missed 3 weeks of it when its only 6 weeks long.
I hated the term that we did on locomotion and reproduction the locomotion was so hard I was just relieved to pass. Plus we had two vivas that term which made everything harder.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I hated the term that we did on locomotion and reproduction the locomotion was so hard I was just relieved to pass. Plus we had two vivas that term which made everything harder.
We don't have vivas but its still difficult. Not helped by the fact i missed lectures that are not online and people don't want to share them!

*Not everyone just a few people being possesive with their notes
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Were doing loco at at moment too...
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miles)
Me! Sounds exciting!

My dissertation is due in tomorrow, so I've moved into the hospital office - got my food, papers and TV sitting next door to me. Ahhh...now just for the meaningful typing.
Hey, how did the write up go in the end? All sealed and bound :p:?!

So relieved it's over, well unless have vivas. OMG 6 weeks til 5th yr - eeeeek!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We still have 7 weeks of term left (last two = end of year exams )
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The smoking thing?
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The article slating the Union Council...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads