TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
i did wonder what you were doing here! naughty..

i have a day off...whooo!
well, apart from going to get mumps, then writing a tute essay, then having a tute..
According to my friends who were there, I didn't miss much and besides, I wouldn't have been paying attention anyway.

I assume you mean you're getting the MMR? Does this mean we've spread the pestilence to the other side now? Wonder who could have done that!

I've just got to write an essay that was in yesterday.
joyabbott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol Fluffy

Isn't free wine always cheap?

I also need to perfect the ability to keep a straight face. Have had a few 'embarrassing' moments in clinics. Had an ENT clinic the other week, and the am sure the patient really should have been attending a psychi clinic. She left the room, and the consultant, other med student and I cracked up (tears rolling down cheek style of cracking up). Unfortunately patient decided to reenter room. Consultant managed a straight face in almost an instance. The same couldn't be said for me.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I told ya ... all this thread needed was a bit of good old Shiny magic
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I assume you mean you're getting the MMR? Does this mean we've spread the pestilence to the other side now? Wonder who could have done that!
why yes.. hark at my accurate description of medical events.. we have a case at new apparently. & i thought having a vaccination would be fun, plus chance to observe undercover what a ***** the receptionist at our college GP Surgery is to patients who aren't middle aged..(!)

why do miserable people become medical receptionists? surely it'll depress them more..?

hope rowing went well?

unfortunately not cheapo wine for me for some time.. we just got oodles of work.. there goes my fun 8th week :mad:

ooh & fluffy.. somewhere you mentioned research projects? not yet.. am still First BM-ing until Trinity, then we do allegedly "fun" things, such as choose our FHS & do a researchy thing! i wonder how dangerous i would be in a lab, hmm.. maybe library is safer..
9 more term weeks till exams again..pfff..
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
damn those ing annoying smileys! i hope you're revising hard for your finals....i bet you can almost taste the "Dr." which will soon be appearing on your credit card..

:eek: consultants aren't meant to laugh at patients! i'd be on the phone to to the GMC if i was the mad patient re-entering the room to howls of laughter !!
I admit it, you shouldn't laugh., but they are human afterall. Not so much a case of laughing at, but sometimes you just can't help yourself. Manic patients.
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just watched 'Bodies' on BB2....i'm hoping hospital really isn't like that !
Top show! what would you have done in Rob's situation
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
why do miserable people become medical receptionists? surely it'll depress them more..?

hope rowing went well?
Because they're absolute stars at not letting malingerers through to see the doctors. I love receptionists mostly (cos I worked as one and know how much flak they get.)

No, rowing was awful, was subbing for the 2nd boat, some interesting coxing and timing going on there. Not impressed at all, I must say, but so scared about Saturday it's unbelieveable.

Am hating men again. And my feet hurt.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmmm
Two separate issues there

And I was somewhat drunk at the time of writing that. There is a reason I don't usually let myself on the computer when I'm drunk :rolleyes:
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Two separate issues there
Damn - and here was I hoping your feet hurt 'cos you'd kicked his ass! Lots!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Damn - and here was I hoping your feet hurt 'cos you'd kicked his ass! Lots!
Nah, he (or at least the he in question at time of that comment) is one of my best friends. And I could kick his ass, I'm practically twice the size of him
anita_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*laughs at TOYL*

I'm not off my face, but am attempting to relieve anxiety by posting here - written finals were last week (not sure how well they went - the EMQ might have been OK but the short essay paper was terrible - classifications of ovarian tumours anyone??!!) and results are out TOMORROW!!! ARGH argh argh!! :eek: :eek: I really really want to pass - the resits are at the beginning of January and I really can't face spending another 3wks revising especially over Xmas!

I have made a promise to myself though - IF (!!) I pass, I am going to start revising for practical finals (at the beginning of May) NOW, so that I don't end up cacking myself in 5 months' time!

Wish me luck, peeps...

:eek:
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ello ello ello!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good luck Anita! Scary scary stuff!

I've got lots of work to do this holiday. My neuro supervisor has only predicted me a 2:2, I now have to prove him wrong and kick ass in mocks in January...
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
good luck Anita! :elefant: (sorry, i love this new smilie far too much..)

Because they're absolute stars at not letting malingerers through to see the doctors. I love receptionists mostly (cos I worked as one and know how much flak they get.)
but..i'm nice, honestly! :frown: have worked the past 3 summers in hospital admin - i know how annoying some medical staff/patients are.. & i was there for a jab - hardly malingering..humph! what annoyed me was the blatent 2-faced-ness that seemed to be on the basis of how old you were... grrr.

& yes..lots of kiss ass! don't be too concerned about predictions..i bet most of my tutors were even more surprised than me by my results..muhaha.

ah, i'm scared about next set of exams next term.. am already behind on my xmas vacation work timetable..grr.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
& yes..lots of kiss ass! don't be too concerned about predictions..i bet most of my tutors were even more surprised than me by my results..muhaha.

ah, i'm scared about next set of exams next term.. am already behind on my xmas vacation work timetable..grr.
I don't have a vac work timetable. In fact this holiday just looks like being one long nightmare, with work, Queen's Guide stuff and pathetic attempts at having a social life (why do all my friends have to live so damn far away?!?) Want to run away to Switzerland but real life concerns are far too pressing

I'm not too concerned with my predictions, I'm sure I can change them, it's more the fact that he's realised I dislike him, and as a result, likes me just as little back. Oh well.
anita_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for your good wishes everyone, they must've worked because I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Cannot quite believe it! Am now just looking forward to going home and having a fantastic Xmas - and then I'm going to start revising for written finals in May nice and early!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well Done You!!!
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
congrats!

(Original post by anita_xx)
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:
& i knew those dancing elephants would be contagious..
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Congratulations Anita! :party: :elefant:

Too many smileys, methinks.

Bummer, missed Bodies again, just heard it in the background. Other problem is I'm meant to be doing stupid gym training but the leisure centre has burnt down
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Congrats Anita!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (38)
27.14%
No - I got the required grades (84)
60%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.86%

Watched Threads