TSR Med Students' Society (TSR Meds) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Not quite everywhere; tisn't too bad at all here. Well, the exam period is hellish and everyone goes insane, but we all finish fairly close together.
Well, everywhere other than OxBridge then - most medical schools have terms much longer than that of their parental university...
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Well, everywhere other than OxBridge then - most medical schools have terms much longer than that of their parental university...
Ox part have just had a rather blissful week off post BA finals but tomorrow are back to work with intensive anatomy, while everyone else finishes & can start frolicking till the end of term. :bawling:
Previously ours have been the latest exams though, the week after normal term end in years 1 & 2 - but pretty short terms admittedly!

But 4th year is 39 weeks, 5th is 45 & 6th is 47! :eek:
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Our 1st and 2nd year are 36 weeks!

[but we get shorter than most clinical years in return ] 3rd year is 41 weeks, 4th is 43 weeks and 5th year is 44 weeks..
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anatomy = :bawling:

I think i'm just naturally rubbish at it. Does anyone have tips for just remembering stuff - but location/name/detail stuff rather than more conceptual things?

Resists over the weekends of my 21st & our college commemoration ball will be woeful.

</doom>
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Learn Latin. It's amazing
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
To all those soon to be medics (fingers crossed) who tried to sign up to MedSoc...

When Miles set it up, it was expressly for medicial students and qualified doctors, so unfortunately I've denied you access for the time being.

Reapply in September (/post exam results) and I'll add you.

This might seem cruel, but these are the T&Cs that the soc was set up against, and it might be that some of you do not meet your grades, and may be 'haunted' by your membership...

Plus you should be revising, not foruming :wink: Now go! Else I will hunt you down and make you recite the Krebs Cycle in German.

May we wish you all the best of luck in your exams, and see you in 'the Soc' next academic year!
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 12 years ago
To all those soon to be medics (fingers crossed) who tried to sign up to MedSoc...

When Miles set it up, it was expressly for medicial students and qualified doctors, so unfortunately I've denied you access for the time being.

Reapply in September (/post exam results) and I'll add you.

This might seem cruel, but these are the T&Cs that the soc was set up against, and it might be that some of you do not meet your grades, and may be 'haunted' by your membership...

Plus you should be revising, not foruming :wink: Now go! Else I will hunt you down and make you recite the Krebs Cycle in German.

May we wish you all the best of luck in your exams, and see you in 'the Soc' next academic year!
a very polite way of saying "we just want ONE thread where there isn't a single one of the following questions:-
"I don't like blood, can i be a doctor"
"R my grades gud enough for medicine"
"which is the easiest med school to get into"
"which is the best med school"
"is this enough work experience"
"

blah blah blah :p:

Had a guy in clinic today who is recovering from being stabbed 9 times. no long term damage. lucky bugger!
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Robot Chicken)
Had a guy in clinic today who is recovering from being stabbed 9 times. no long term damage. lucky bugger!
Some people have all the luck!!!!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

I hate exams - why do they turn you into a jibbering wreck with no self-confidence?

Elles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Click me, Fluffy!

:hugs:
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
PMSL! Thanks! After a hard (-ish - should have done more but am too hot and my arse is seriously numb from sitting on it so much!) days grind in this weather, that really made me smile! The Boyf thinks the music sounds a little Omen-esque though and is now calling me devil girl - just cant win
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just scraped a pass in my locomotor spotter. I worked my arse off for it as well. I really needed to do well in order to balance out the primaries next week. If they go badly its resit city for definate. And considering i missed so much of the stuff they cover in primaries its anybody's guess!

Positive mental attitude. I've come this far and i am good at bull****ting. Maybe that will get me through. And resits aren't that bad.

Yeah right.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sarky - don't think like that! You can pass, and will pass - passing your loco spotter after all you've been through over the last few months is testament to that!

Good luck!
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have my osce on Thursday am freaking out about it, I still need to learn the GALS screen as well as remember how to test the cranial and peripheral nerves why did I choose a course with early clinical contact
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Why does everyone seem to know more than me? lol
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miles)
Why does everyone seem to know more than me? lol
Trust me whatever you know I know less
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I currently only know anything about the heart & great vessels. SO you might both trump me at the mo. Although last week I was passable on head/neck & limbs apparently! :p:
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Trust me whatever you know I know less
Rachel - try these (if you haven't found them already...)

GALS: http://www.arc.org.uk/about_arth/opubs/6321/6321.pdf (they also do a good DVD if you can get your hands on it in time...)

Cranial Nerves: http://medstat.med.utah.edu/neurolog..._abnormal.html

Above site also has lots of sensory and motor stuff too - is v handy!
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rachel - try these (if you haven't found them already...)

GALS: http://www.arc.org.uk/about_arth/opubs/6321/6321.pdf (they also do a good DVD if you can get your hands on it in time...)

Cranial Nerves: http://medstat.med.utah.edu/neurolog..._abnormal.html

Above site also has lots of sensory and motor stuff too - is v handy!
Thanks I have seen the Gals DVD it is just a question of committing it to memory, the other one looks good too
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miles)
Why on earth are you still doing anatomy work in the summer?
Because I love it. Or... :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads