85 percent for me i think

:tsr:
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes, i thought it was easy.

i don't think i made any mistakes, so i suppose that gives me 100%.
InTeRRoGaToR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
lol......top ****
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought the AQA was easy, but seems I was the only one.
Tess06
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
ocr was ok, apart from something being an identity...i don't remember ever hearing the word in a maths class!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
edexcel was easy. I got something above 90%.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
this exam regained my love in maths that had been lost through my teacher, at one put, just after i finished i was actually regrettin not pickin it for next yr, then my maths teacher came in to swop invigilation and i remembered why, lol
InTeRRoGaToR
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
lol mtbab
asadtamimi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think it was really easy as well
hatty341
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i thought it wos quite easy as well, considering i did higher. i opened the book and looked at the first question and thought, " I can actually do this! wow!". i found it easier than last year's paper which i did for my mocks, in dec.
kidda_puttar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is another thread on the Edexcel paper running atm.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
u made no mistakes, at all??

well, do these numbers make sense to you?

1/16 , 5/2 , 32x , 2a , 2500(pi) and 12??
i got them all apart from the 32x, and i prolly made some other mistakes too, so im looking for about 95. Just misread 2x as x in the cone question, so annoying :mad:
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i ve lost 3 marks on the recurrence. we werent taught how to do it cuz the teacher didnt even expect such thing to appear on higher. Well, my lazy arse should have revised it.lol.stupid me aso made a mistake on cone and sphere. I didnt notice that radiuses are different and used both of them as X so in the result got 4x instead of 32x.stupid,stupid, me. I am revising english now.
Bastiat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Higher Non Calculator was far too easy - all the way through the paper, there was no real challenge whatsoever, and overall it was a poorly set paper. The two papers should be roughly equivalent, but unless the grade boundary for an A* is about 90%, the second paper will have to be much more difficult.

I was disappointed particularly with the layout of the paper. Normally, it's a gradual ramping of difficulty throughout the paper, but the majority of the higher-only questions were intermediate standard, possibly even foundation. For example, question 19, which annoyed me the most, is supposed to be a difficult higher question, exclusive to that paper. The questions were something like

Evaluate; 64^0, 64^-(2/3)

That really shouldn't be on the higher section of the paper (the first half is overlapped with the ntermediate tier) and since it'd already been tested in the intermediate section, it's particularly annoying.

The paper was too easy, overall - looking forward to the next one for a bit of a challenge.
rarrar
Report 13 years ago
I found it very easy as well. I guess the baord were under pressure to make sure people got more appropriate marks after last year's debacle.

The graph question was the only one I found difficult (two parrell lines AB and L) and I probably ****ed it up. What did everybody else get? I'm told I should have drawn a parrellogram and figured out the gradient from that.
yukinko
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the graph one with the x² graph that ends at 12? the first co ordinate was something like (0,9)? and (8,25) right? oh and doesn anyone know how the proof question for the recurring decimals works? that was like the only two questions i was stuck on lol
asadtamimi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
L = y = -2x+5

100% confident
asadtamimi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok 0.39recurring = x
so 100x = 39.39
99x = 39
x = 39/99
x = 13/33
kidda_puttar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by asadtamimi)
L = y = -2x+5

100% confident
Thats wierd...I got it to be "y = 2x + 5".
asadtamimi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haha it can b positive gradient cos the line was sloping down lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads