The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Politics module question

Hey,

After finally getting round to picking modules for my course, I’ve found that i should have got a departmental handbook with information of the modules (otherwise i have only the titles to pick from)- the email received told me so.

Do any of you have a list of module summaries?

I'm doing politics with IR which means i only have one module worth 20 credits and my choices are:

Introductory Statistics
Introduction to Statistical Theory
Mathematical Techniques in Economics
Economics I
Historical Perspectives on Long Run Economic Growth 1800-1939
Early Modern Philosophy A

I am little desperate as i am going away for 2 week tomorrow.... in which the deadline for choices is in!

Thank you for your help

Sarah x
Reply 1
Sorry for repeating the thread, my computer got over excited. Does anyone know how to delete a thread?
University of York
York
Reply 2
The relevant departmental webpage is here and there's a link to degree handbooks. Unfortunately the politics & IR ones are only for 2nd&3rd years but you could take a look at last years politics one as there's 1st year module information in that. Unless it's changed drastically it should still be useful.

edit. Ugh. It doesn't seem like the '08 spec has any options so I guess they have changed it? Everything I can find for your course is a year out of date.
Reply 3
starlock
Hey,

After finally getting round to picking modules for my course, I’ve found that i should have got a departmental handbook with information of the modules (otherwise i have only the titles to pick from)- the email received told me so.

Do any of you have a list of module summaries?

I'm doing politics with IR which means i only have one module worth 20 credits and my choices are:

Introductory Statistics
Introduction to Statistical Theory
Mathematical Techniques in Economics
Economics I
Historical Perspectives on Long Run Economic Growth 1800-1939
Early Modern Philosophy A

I am little desperate as i am going away for 2 week tomorrow.... in which the deadline for choices is in!

Thank you for your help

Sarah x

I'm in the same position as you.
Basically, do you like maths? If not, then forget about the first three. Then decide if you are more interested in economics or philosophy. If you are more interested in economics, then do you want a general overview or are you more interested in history of the economy?
This was an easy choice for me because I love philosphy and dislike technical things, especially mathematical.

Latest