Turn on thread page Beta

Scandinavians - Linda, Jonaton watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Linda, Jonaton:

You seem to know one another extremely well. What do you study and where? Do you know each other in real life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salmiak)
    Linda, Jonaton:

You seem to know one another extremely well. What do you study and where? Do you know each other in real life?
    you created a new account just to ask that question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    you created a new account just to ask that question?
    is it true that in norway's primary schools the kids are taught mediation skills?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    is it true that in norway's primary schools the kids are taught mediation skills?
    I wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I wasn't.
    there was a programme on radio4 all about norway and why the country spends so much money on foreign aid and effort on diplomacy to achieve peace
    apparently norwegians are real peace lovers and hate disagreement!

ReputationRep:
    there was a programme on radio4 all about norway and why the country spends so much money on foreign aid and effort on diplomacy to achieve peace
    They have to say that, otherwise we wouldn't be allowed to give out the Nobel Peace Prize. We're actually vikings. Did you know we were at war against Iraq?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    They have to say that, otherwise we wouldn't be allowed to give out the Nobel Peace Prize. We're actually vikings. Did you know we were at war against Iraq?
    norway joined in the war? what did it do?

ReputationRep:
    Norwegian politicians are naive, they think they can achieve world peace. They hoped that they'd get an end to the israel-palestinian conflict with the oslo agreement in 1993. Fortunately they've learned and had the good sense not to take any of sri lanka's president's ******** when she wanted to reverse the peace process there. They just said that in this situation the norwegian negociators are forced to pull out unless the situation becomes more stable and this helped the prime minister who is in favour of the cease fire. And when it comes to aid, it's all a waste of money. The management of the projects is terrible, and they could do just the same amount of good by letting poor countries have access to the norwegian market.

And for your initial question, yes jonatan and linda know each other, they go to the same school along with jin (nickname icy) and me.

Ps: don't try to follow their conversations it's impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Norway didn't join the war, we sent about 30 soldiers down after the war was officialy ended to clear mines. In Afganistan however, they sent F16 to help the americans.

ReputationRep:
    norway joined in the war? what did it do?
    Our dear (read:hated) Prime Minister supported the war, and Norwegian military equipment was used.

EDIT: nevermind, Haakon beat me to it...

ReputationRep:
    Btw Linda we need to have an argument in Berg Liberale about the war. I can argue both for and against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haakon)
    Btw Linda we need to have an argument in Berg Liberale about the war. I can argue both for and against.
    Definetly, we could have a meeting when you and Erling get back from Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I did.
    You should feel flattered

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I did.
    You should feel flattered
    I would so like to be a mod right now, and check your IP

ReputationRep:
    You dont want to get me started on Scandinavian foreign policies...

Basically, politicall corectness in Norway / Sweden is the same thing as criticism against Israel and the US (Whether it is justified or not) Furthermore, you are quite correct when you say that scandinavia is pacifistic. I dont even think the swedish governmental party (The social democrats) would even regard the invasion of Normandy as justified use of violence. Basicly, the Scandinavian policy is more or less "Lets talk to the dictators around the world, and perhaps they will be nice if we just give them a chance."

It is only in sweden you can get away with three months conditional prision time after confessing to having kicked a guy in the face three times.

Btw: Had Bin Laden gone to Sweden, it would be a violation of Swedish law to turn him over to the US, as he would face capital punishment there.

ReputationRep:
    Linda, Jonaton:

Oh, btw. my name is JONATAN!

ReputationRep:
    sorry - hope I didn't offend too much

linda: I just registered because it's really nice to see other nordic people here.

ReputationRep:

linda: I just registered because it's really nice to see other nordic people here.
    No harm done

ReputationRep:

Where are you from? Im from Uppsala - Sweden (Live in Oslo though)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2003
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.