Moley Moles Watch

This discussion is closed.
O_Ren
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm gona be getting one removed (preferably lasered off) and I was wondering whether anyone else has had this done, and where it was done etc...
Please Help x
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by O_Ren)
I'm gona be getting one removed (preferably lasered off) and I was wondering whether anyone else has had this done, and where it was done etc...
Please Help x
I'm having two on my back off next Wednesday! I'm really happy because they're ugly lil buggers! Anywho, I'm getting them cut out! :eek: It's on the NHS and I got in to the local surgery for a "minor operations clinic". Should be a breeze!
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my sister had one cut out. it was really big and she had loads of stiches and managed to split her back open :eek: it's ok now but she was in a lot of pain.

worth it to avoid cancer tho.
O_Ren
Rep:
?
Coz its cosmetic it will have to be done privatly tho, anyone had it done privatley?
SammyD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd be interested as well, if they aren't too big what's the scarring like?
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well to be honest mine is cosmetic, but I just said that they rub, make an excuse and you'll get it free, and save a few hundred squid. Unless it's on your face I would advise this.
O_Ren
Rep:
?
You would advise what sorry?
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had two removed a couple of years ago (from my back). Had it done privately. It was really quick and leaves a little scar that isn't that noticeable (well, less noticeable than a mole anyway!!).

It was fine, nothing to worry about
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
guh. I have to get around to having two taken off. one keeps ..well, bleeding and making nasty stuff, and another one is just too much in the sun for my liking - I keep accidentally scratching it off.
if you have a mole that bleeds or oozes you should see a doctor straight away.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
if you have a mole that bleeds or oozes you should see a doctor straight away!
:ditto: thats what i thought too!
O_Ren
Rep:
?
Peach, where did u get it done and how much?!?
Amzybaby24
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i am not allowed surgery for mine , the dam nuisence, as it is right underneath my breast, and it's too dangerous apprantly, hence i'm not supposed to wear underwired bras, (still do as i need d support)
kayleighfinlay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i had a big mole removed and it was on the side of my armpit nearer to the back area. But i only had the top removed as it came off the skin but i didnt want it removed but my gp insisted but its alright now. I got mine on the nhs so why u paying private for it? i wouldnt.
Also it didnt hurt and she gave me a injection which numbed the area around it and i couldnt feel a thing, it doesnt hurt.
O_Ren
Rep:
?
Because my doctor has told me that theres nothing wrong with it, so it would be purely cosmetic. Which they won't do.
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by O_Ren)
Peach, where did u get it done and how much?!?
I got them removed at the Nuffield Hospital in Windsor (Berkshire). I can't remember the cost, I claimed it on my BUPA insurance. I could try and find out for you later if you want. Do you have medical insurance? If yes, have you checked what you're covered for?
O_Ren
Rep:
?
Was yours done on a cosmetic basis tho, or were they affecting you in some way?
(I'll try finding out about that medical insurance stuff.
O_Ren
Rep:
?
I've been looking at www.lasercare-clinics.co.uk, but their site says prices are from £235, so they're bound to be way more.
mousey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My friend got on lasered off her face, no scar or anything now, people don't even remember she had it. xx
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by O_Ren)
I've been looking at www.lasercare-clinics.co.uk, but their site says prices are from £235, so they're bound to be way more.
O Ren, if you read my previous reply, I said that you should just tell the doctor that the moles are causing you problems, ie they rub or are exposed to the sun, then you will get a free operation in a short time. I only have had to wait for two weeks. Where is your mole?
O_Ren
Rep:
?
The thing is its not that huge, and its pretty much flat, its just something that i'm not fond of. Anne: I lied to my doctor and said i was worried that it had gotten bigger, but he had a look and said that its fine, so i can't see how i can say it affects me, as its so minor.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads