I drank nail varnish remover

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Lush Law
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
...and it was disgusting. I was brushing my teeth about 20 minutes ago and reached for the mouthwash. Usual me being a million miles away grabs nail varnish remover instead of mouthwash, and due to the shock I got i panicked and swallowed some of it.

Has anyone else ever done this?! It was vile and my throat is feels really inflamed and itchy, I feel sick now.

Word of warning: be careful in the bathroom!

Ugghh *is sick*
Hana_87
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 17 years ago
Oh my goodness.

That could be dangerous.
riccardo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
That was clever, wasn't it. Ordeal...
Shelbycakes
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by red_roadkill)
...and it was disgusting. I was brushing my teeth about 20 minutes ago and reached for the mouthwash. Usual me being a million miles away grabs nail varnish remover instead of mouthwash, and due to the shock I got i panicked and swallowed some of it.

Has anyone else ever done this?! It was vile and my throat is feels really inflamed and itchy, I feel sick now.

Word of warning: be careful in the bathroom!

Ugghh *is sick*
perhaps you should go to the doctors? like now? read the back of the bottel see what it says about swallowing it.
Lush Law
Rep:
(Original post by Shelbycakes)
perhaps you should go to the doctors? like now? read the back of the bottel see what it says about swallowing it.
Well I thought about that after I'd had a lot of water to drink and I rang my mums friend who's a pharmacist as I thought she might know how dangerous nail varnish remover is internally to the human body and she said if I didnt drink much I should be ok. She said I'll probably be sick within an hour. I feel it.
saz_1989
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
go and be sick!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
Read the bottle. And possibly phone NHS Direct
frost105
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
The advice used to ba have a small drink of milk (bout an eggcup full) and lie doen. Dont make yoursef sick as that can make it worse. If you only had a mouthful you should be ok.
Gwen
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
:eek:

nail polish remover as an inhalant is dangerous and harmful to the brain, as it destroys the myelin sheath - impairing nerve impluses and causing potential cell death. drinking it is worse! best go see a doctor
Lush Law
Rep:
I rang NHS direct (my bloody rentals aren't here either so I'm dealing with it myself lol) - and they said that I should be ok and that I shouldn't let myself go to sleep until I've been sick and let it work out of my system. I will be sick, soon, apparently.
frost105
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Gwenyth!)
:eek:

nail polish remover as an inhalant is dangerous and harmful to the brain, as it destroys the myelin sheath - impairing nerve impluses and causing potential cell death. drinking it is worse! best go see a doctor
Thats through inhalation. It causes skin irritation so he may have irritated and may have a slight chemical burn at worst in his oesaphagus..
Kiesha
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
Ooh that can't be good! Hope you feel better

Talking about nail varnish remover related injuries I accidently used it to remove my eye make-up ... twice That was not very pleasant either
Lush Law
Rep:
Update: Have a raging headache, was violently sick about an hour ago but I think it's working its way out my system now. I'm just drinking lots of water.
rmyl
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
Update: Have a raging headache, was violently sick about an hour ago but I think it's working its way out my system now. I'm just drinking lots of water.
awww hope you feel better soon. doesn't sound like a very nice experience
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
my little sister when she was about 2 drank a whole bottle of perfume and was in hospital for a week cos she had water in her lungs, TB I thinks its called.
RetiredAccount89
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
my little sister when she was about 2 drank a whole bottle of perfume and was in hospital for a week cos she had water in her lungs, TB I thinks its called.
um....
TB was what what was called..?
Gwen
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
hope you feel better soon
PinkPigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
Oh poor you, that sounds terrible, it makes me feel sick just thinking about it! I hope you get better soon, at least it sounds like you're working it out of your system, hopefully you'll feel better quite soon.
Ynox
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
you won't get tuberculosis through drinking perfume.....

drinking acetone (main ingredient of nail varnish remover) isn't a good idea but as long as its a small amount you'll probably be fine.
Cheeky_Lickle_H
Rep:
Report 17 years ago
ya daft sod! least you'll know not to do it agen. Hope things are ok now though, Feel Better!!
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads